Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NSIC Fall Camp Report

Default NSIC Fall Camp Report

Just thought I would start this so everyone can post updates on who is looking good, who disappeared, etc. Also, when Witt does his preseason breakdown it can be posted here or he certainly can start his own thread.

I havent heard much from the Wolves other than they like their size on the lines and Hunter has taken a nice step forward. I remain fairly optimistic about this season but am prepared for anything.

Default Re: NSIC Fall Camp Report

QB Competition in Bemidji, from Lakeland Sports.

https://youtu.be/Qn2Ik1pIAyo
    Millsy

Mustangs report on Friday. Conditioning on Saturday. Practice starts Sunday.

Local paper did a story recently on Blake Gimbel, back again for another go at his senior season. http://www.marshallindependent.com/s...to-play-again/

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post

Local paper did a story recently on Blake Gimbel, back again for another go at his senior season. http://www.marshallindependent.com/s...to-play-again/
    As far as I see they are the only school waiting until Friday(there could be others), is there a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    As far as I see they are the only school waiting until Friday(there could be others), is there a reason?
    I'm very curious as well. Couldn't find anything on SCSU, but I think UIU was the last school to open practice and they had their first day of practice today.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Are the Mustangs starting late because they have a bye the first week?

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    They saved the bye week for homecoming...

I'm very curious as well. Couldn't find anything on SCSU, but I think UIU was the last school to open practice and they had their first day of practice today.
    SC opened camp today.

Augustana completed it's 3rd day of fall camp. The biggest question is who will win the quarterback battle, much ballyhooed freshman Peyton Zabel and sophomore Kyle Saddler have looked sharp. Flame thrower Zabel turned down a six figure sign on bonus from the Milwaukee Brewers to attend college to play football and baseball. https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...off/914055002/

Quote Originally Posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Augustana completed it's 3rd day of fall camp. The biggest question is who will win the quarterback battle, much ballyhooed freshman Peyton Zabel and sophomore Kyle Saddler have looked sharp. Flame thrower Zabel turned down a six figure sign on bonus from the Milwaukee Brewers to attend college to play football and baseball. https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...off/914055002/
    I wonder if Zabel will be disappointed in his decision once Augie cuts football to move DI?

[QUOTE=wsuguy87;2241029]I wonder if Zabel will be disappointed in his decision once Augie cuts football to move DI?[/QUO

No way AU cuts football and you know that. Maybe non scholarship D1. Zabel surely knows the rumors since he is from SD. He could play D1 baseball only. He is an optometry major.
    Last edited by vikingfaithful; 08-10-2018 at 12:00 AM.

12. Default Re: NSIC Fall Camp Report

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post

Ouch.........low blow, 2 point deduction.

Quote Originally Posted by 212 Degrees View Post
    Ouch.........low blow, 2 point deduction.
    I was gonna say cuz they're playin' YOUR team, but they ARE your team.

[QUOTE=vikingfaithful;2241301]
    Quote Originally Posted by wsuguy87 View Post
    I wonder if Zabel will be disappointed in his decision once Augie cuts football to move DI?[/QUO

No way AU cuts football and you know that. Maybe non scholarship D1. Zabel surely knows the rumors since he is from SD. He could play D1 baseball only. He is an optometry major.
    Why wouldn’t Augustana just play as an independent in the FCS if they accept D1 invitation?

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

[QUOTE=Techster88;2241791]

Why wouldn’t Augustana just play as an independent in the FCS if they accept D1 invitation?
    I'm sure that they would go the Pioneer route for football. No spot in the MVFC for them and Summit doesn't have football.

[QUOTE=Techster88;2241791]

Probably because you have to have an invite from a conference to move up.

[QUOTE=catatonic;2241797]
    Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post

WSUguy87 implied that a move was imminent, therefore I asked the question. The question wasn’t whether or not they had an invite. You really need to focus more on your lackluster 2 win a year program than worrying about what others are doing.

[QUOTE=catatonic;2241797]
    Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post

You dont need an invite, you can do whatever you want, lol

Coo had their first scrimmage yesterday. I'm likely reading too far between the lines for a coachspeak quote, but I don't care, looks like coaches are high on Walters so far.

"I like what I saw from all three quarterbacks," said Anderson, pointing out the play of junior college transfer Caden Walters as well as redshirt junior Noah Butler and redshirt sophomore Mitch Martin. "All three threw the ball exceptionally well and showed mobility in the pocket."

The GOAT was also in attendance.

20. Default Re: NSIC Fall Camp Report

David Brown here from Midco Sports Network. Matt Witwicki and I did a couple of podcasts previewing the NSIC season (one on the North, one on the South)

Here’s a link to the North Division podcast: http://gomid.co/North

Here’s a link to the South Division podcast: http://gomid.co/South

We have 8 NSIC games live on our network this season starting with SMSU at Minnesota State on Thursday, August 30. Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast