Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 WCU Squad

Contribute to D2

Default 2018 WCU Squad

Who starts at QB?

What happened to the DE from Exeter? Moved on to Ventura, CA?

Default Re: 2018 WCU Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Ram DT View Post
    Who starts at QB?

What happened to the DE from Exeter? Moved on to Ventura, CA?
    I think Dooley and AJ both split time under center for most if not all of the 2018 season. I actually think AJ brings more to the table with him being the better runner although Dooley has good legs on him as well.

Also I see WCU never found an opponent to schedule in place of Cheyney which means they'll only have 10 regular season games making it even more important to get that opening game win against a regional out of conference opponent.

https://wcupagoldenrams.com/news/201...this-week.aspx

Juniors A.J. Long (Bethlehem, Pa./Friendship Christian [Tenn.]) and Paul Dooley (Philadelphia, Pa./Springside-Chestnut Hill) are the two that will platoon under center. Both will figure prominently into the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    Very timely article, thanks!

Not a fan of the platoon QB model. An O needs consistency in the huddle.

What's with the Helmets being white? Have they just not gotten around to painting them yet?

Quote Originally Posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
    Also I see WCU never found an opponent to schedule in place of Cheyney which means they'll only have 10 regular season games making it even more important to get that opening game win against a regional out of conference opponent.
    But their SOS just increased a ton.....

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRam94 View Post
    What's with the Helmets being white? Have they just not gotten around to painting them yet?
    New design.

Very timely article, thanks!

Not a fan of the platoon QB model. An O needs consistency in the huddle.
    Agree. It rarely works well. Old saying ... having two QBs means you don't have one.

WCU will have enough overall talent to offset it in most games during the regular season. Postseason is different.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Agree. It rarely works well. Old saying ... having two QBs means you don't have one.

WCU will have enough overall talent to offset it in most games during the regular season. Postseason is different.
    Spot on. Both McCartney (192 attempts) and Carroll (126 attempts) played all 11 games (i.e. no injury) in 2011 and finished 5-6. The other time they used two QB's was a season-long transition from Burdalski (172 attempts in 7 games) to Zwaan (125 attempts in 11 games) in 2005 which finished in a first-round playoff loss. Yet, somehow this year will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by shipfbfan12 View Post

They should get screwed over come playoff time for only playing 10 games. Right HC?

Looks like a QB won’t be around for half the season, failed a drug test.

http://www.dailylocal.com/sports/201...iled-drug-test

Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post

I'm going to guess that's not his first violation too. First violation is usually 20% of competition, second is around 50%, third is entire season. Unless it was something more serious than marijuana.

Unique way of ridding the team of a platoon QB situation; might have been better to just choose a clear #1.

In the words of Stephen Smith "LEAVE THE WEED ALONE". Sheesh how hard is it to not smoke pot during the season?? After the last game of the season you have a good 6 months to puff puff pass without the NCAA doing drug tests while giving your system 3 months to clear it out before week 1 when they start doing random testing smh. I know Zwann said that AJ was just holding the fort down the first half of the season but if he plays well and can get them to 5-0 or 4-1 do you really risk losing the chemistry inserting Dooley back in as the starter? With a 5 game suspension that means AJ starts @ Bentley & @ Seton Hill and home games v Ship, Millersville & Gannon...

So this kid tested positive DURING the playoffs and was allowed to continue to play pending appeal? Especially if as some have said here that it may not have been his first offense? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawkin View Post
    So this kid tested positive DURING the playoffs and was allowed to continue to play pending appeal? Especially if as some have said here that it may not have been his first offense? Wow.
    I never understood that rule that you can appeal a failed drug test and still compete until your appeal is heard and a ruling comes down which almost always take a few months. I believe if its a performance enhanced drug it's cause for automatic suspension even with an appeal. For recreational drugs I believe you can still play while on appeal. I may be wrong don't quote me and hold me to it lol.

New design.
    New white helmet fresh, especially with Shepherd coming aboard with the same helmets next season....

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawkin View Post
    If may have happened after they got smoked at IUP in the playoffs....probably did not get random screen after Ship playoff game......The tests are random and AFTER the game.......

Dooley is the QB who impressed me in the couple of times I saw WCU last year, moreso than Long. Dooley's steadiness and passing accuracy were superb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast