Thread: Davenport Problem

Contribute to D2

Default Davenport Problem

The Grand Valley game at Davenport could be a big problem. I figure Grand Valley will most likely bring about 10,000 fans to the Davenport stadium that will only seat about 2000 fans. Are there plans for increasing the seating capacity for this game? Just asking as a GVSU fan

Default Re: Davenport Problem

LOL...sure you're probably just trolling, and I hope you are right. That said: Noon start, same day as Michigan/Michigan State, and teetering on "getting too cold". I wouldn't bet much on GV rolling in with 10,000 fans.

Again, I hope you're right...

Quote Originally Posted by Irishlaker View Post
    LOL...sure you're probably just trolling, and I hope you are right. That said: Noon start, same day as Michigan/Michigan State, and teetering on "getting too cold". I wouldn't bet much on GV rolling in with 10,000 fans.

Again, I hope you're right...
    I am betting that the Michigan-Michigan State game will be a night game. You really think that Grand Valley can't get 10,000 to show up at Davenport?
    It all hangs on the Big Ten game being a night game.

My sources tell me they will break ground tomorrow to build enough permanent seating to accommodate the Grand Valley crowd. Client will start pouring concrete at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow.

In a pinch DU could ask East Kentwood High School to rent their field, seats 10,500 easy and has had as many as 13,800 at a game before and they have the parking and nice locker rooms too.

Quote Originally Posted by champgymusa View Post
    In a pinch DU could ask East Kentwood High School to rent their field, seats 10,500 easy and has had as many as 13,800 at a game before and they have the parking and nice locker rooms too.
    I would think they would have done that by now if that was considered. No way they move it on this short of notice. There's gonna be a lot of people standing at this game. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by LakerDave View Post
    I am betting that the Michigan-Michigan State game will be a night game. You really think that Grand Valley can't get 10,000 to show up at Davenport?
    It all hangs on the Big Ten game being a night game.
    "Can't get", and "will" are two different things. If the game had significant conference and/or playoff implications and the weather is nice, then maybe it'll be a big crowd. But the idea that it'll be "all GV" there might be a bit of a stretch...

On the bright side, they probably don't have a crown on their field.

The MAC has nice facilities, maybe it is time to move up!!!!!

GLIAC stadiums that can hold 10,000 visiting fans: NONE

GLIAC stadiums that can hold 5,000 visiting fans: SIX, but they would all have to be willing to let the visiting fans have more seats than the home fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles73 View Post
    The MAC has nice facilities, maybe it is time to move up!!!!!
    Ashland is the one winning national championships in basketball and making the playoffs in football. Maybe Ashland should move up.

Quote Originally Posted by KleShreen View Post
    Ashland is the one winning national championships in basketball and making the playoffs in football. Maybe Ashland should move up.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by KleShreen View Post
    I would think they would have done that by now if that was considered. No way they move it on this short of notice. There's gonna be a lot of people standing at this game. Haha.
    houseman?

14. Default Re: Davenport Problem

Rumor is they will be bring in more portable bleachers in the end zone to basically double the capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by DUpanthers View Post
    Rumor is they will be bring in more portable bleachers in the end zone to basically double the capacity.
    welcome to the board

Quote Originally Posted by DUpanthers View Post
    Portable bleachers? Man, I'm almost tempted to take that day off as well, get out my old war paint, maybe snag a fake battleaxe from some costume prop place, and lead an GVSU takeover of sections. Kinda of like back in 04 at Ferris where the Ferris students left at halftime and the GVSU students took over their student section.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Portable bleachers? Man, I'm almost tempted to take that day off as well, get out my old war paint, maybe snag a fake battleaxe from some costume prop place, and lead an GVSU takeover of sections. Kinda of like back in 04 at Ferris where the Ferris students left at halftime and the GVSU students took over their student section.
    Was at that game. The view from the visitors stands watching that student section (used to be in the south end zone) get taken over by our kids was, well, pretty awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post
    My sources tell me they will break ground tomorrow to build enough permanent seating to accommodate the Grand Valley crowd. Client will start pouring concrete at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow.
    That's so nice of them to do that just for the Grand Valley fans. Shouldn't be an issue when other gliac teams come there for a visit ;)
    Last edited by IH8SVSU; 08-30-2018 at 03:43 PM.