Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NSIC women's hoops

Contribute to D2

Default Re: NSIC women's hoops

The coach at SW was definitely a good hire. He seems to have changed the culture there in a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by MStateMaverick View Post
    The coach at SW was definitely a good hire. He seems to have changed the culture there in a short time.
    I think it's helpful that he's "one of us." Did his undergrad here, and is originally from the region. I'm always a big proponent of hires like that if possible, especially at this level and in our market size.

https://uiupeacocks.com/news/2019/1/...ing-staff.aspx

Upper Iowa has parted ways with head coach Micha Thompson effective immediately. Separation was mutual per the release. Associate Head Coach Kelly Kielsmeier will serve as interim head coach for the remainder of the season.

Thompson was in her third year at UIU and was 9-63 overall and 4-48 in NSIC play. The Peacocks are currently in the midst of a 32-game league losing streak.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Quote Originally Posted by wscsuperfan View Post
    https://uiupeacocks.com/news/2019/1/...ing-staff.aspx

Upper Iowa has parted ways with head coach Micha Thompson effective immediately. Separation was mutual per the release. Associate Head Coach Kelly Kielsmeier will serve as interim head coach for the remainder of the season.

Thompson was in her third year at UIU and was 9-63 overall and 4-48 in NSIC play. The Peacocks are currently in the midst of a 32-game league losing streak.
    I wondered how much longer she would last. They looked terrible when they played at MSU. I assume it gives them a chance to start looking for a new coach early.

UIU's women's team has been at or near the bottom of the conference for a long time. Probably time to give someone else a chance to see if they can turn the program around.

Quote Originally Posted by MStateMaverick View Post
    UIU's women's team has been at or near the bottom of the conference for a long time. Probably time to give someone else a chance to see if they can turn the program around.
    Well, look at what has happened at Southwest. They used to play at UIU's level. Not anymore, they play really tough. The players have bought in to the system.

Zimm confirms what has been feared since Shelby went down in Marshall on Friday....shes likely done for the year/career.

https://amp.argusleader.com/amp/2513...mpression=true

The way Krauthketball was rolling pre-injury is now a thing of the past as this dramatically changes the conference and regional landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    I wondered how much longer she would last. They looked terrible when they played at MSU. I assume it gives them a chance to start looking for a new coach early.
    I wonder if Kelly Kielsmeier will get much consideration? He is an Iowa native. He has been around the league for years.
    I was told his previous head coaching experience went badly at the Junior college level. He always seemed like the "good" cop versus "bad" cop brother when at WSC.

He comes to WSC Saturday.
    I believe he quite a few Wayne friends and they will be glad to see him as a head coach!!

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Zimm confirms what has been feared since Shelby went down in Marshall on Friday....shes likely done for the year/career.

The way Krauthketball was rolling pre-injury is now a thing of the past as this dramatically changes the conference and regional landscape.
    Didnt know anything happened, feel awful for her or anyone this happens to.

Quote Originally Posted by wsc94 View Post
    I wonder if Kelly Kielsmeier will get much consideration? He is an Iowa native. He has been around the league for years.
    I was told his previous head coaching experience went badly at the Junior college level. He always seemed like the "good" cop versus "bad" cop brother when at WSC.

He comes to WSC Saturday.
    I believe he quite a few Wayne friends and they will be glad to see him as a head coach!!
    Crazy timing....his first weekend as head coach and he he has to come back to Wayne.

Coworker said after the game that he figured it was an ACL

Very unfortunate break for her. And difficult to replace a player of her caliber.

Ten years already?

Some great memories of the team and season. Seeing them come from behind in the national championship game late and winning was amazing.

Bemidji women leading Moorhead late...wow! Pulling for you coach Deville

Sioux Falls takes down the Mavs tonight in Mankato.

Joey Batt from New Ulm has scored her 2000th point. She has signed with the Mavs next year.

In case anyone is getting overly concerned, the coach hugging her is her dad.

http://www.keyc.com/story/39789357/b...redwood-valley

She apparently is quite a player, and I hope she can help the Mav women's team during her collegiate career. It's good to get athletes that can play at the D2 level from close to Mankato.

Mavs lose to UMD in OT 72-66.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    Mavs lose to UMD in OT 72-66.
    OT game in Marshall too, with the Red Beavers taking it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast