Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NSIC women's hoops

Default Re: NSIC women's hoops

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    While I was going to post in the NSU thread just to get Simple all hot and bothered, I dug deep to find this thread.

I'm guessing for the few of us that care about womens hoops this is the best route rather than have one for each team?

Whatever we decide...here is the write up for the NSU WBB (and other sports) recruits.

https://nsuwolves.com/news/2018/11/2...oliverson.aspx
    Thought that included all of the recruits, here are the other three.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    I'm in full agreement. I go to both the men's and women's games so I like to see what is going on.
    Your vote is the only one that counts...

So it is written and so it shall be

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Your vote is the only one that counts...

So it is written and so it shall be
    Straight from the book of Matthew. One of my favorites.

NSU women are not going to win many conference games this season...yikes

Moorhead up 20-13 at half....

Augie beats wsc in a fairly close game

MSU beats CSP 83-60
    12 Lady Mavs score in the game.

USF beats SMSU 69-51

Congratulations to Rachel for being named the South Divison POTW. She missed last season with a knee injury so I'm glad that she is back.

South Division Player of the Week
    F - Rachel Shumski, Minnesota State-Mankato
    - Led the Mavericks in scoring against the Golden Bears with 15 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to record her first double-double of the season
    - Averaged 14.5 points per game on the week along with 6.5 boards while blocking four total shots
    - Made 11-18 shots from the floor as well as all seven of her free throw attempts, all in only 41 combined minutes

Rachel S. is a very capable player for the lady Mavs, and seems to have made a good recovery from the injury that sidelined her last season. Congratulations to her on the honor this week.
    A very young team this year for the Mavs; hopefully the underclassmen can develop. Polson and Fett are getting PT, and hopefully will become good or very good inside players.

SW State was really aggressive tonight, causing a lot of Mav turnovers. Mavs had a chance at the end to win it, but wasn't to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MStateMaverick View Post
    SW State was really aggressive tonight, causing a lot of Mav turnovers. Mavs had a chance at the end to win it, but wasn't to be.
    This SMSU team is really starting to mesh well, and seems to be playing the type of ball Webb wanted to implement when he came here.

First win over Mankato since the 2004-05 season -- a 23-game streak.

I would agree. The SW coach seems to be bringing the program there to a higher level. I was impressed with the 6'4" post player for SW; she has really improved since last year.

I would agree. The SW coach seems to be bringing the program there to a higher level. I was impressed with the 6'4" post player for SW; she has really improved since last year.
    Yup, that was a really nice game from Akoi.

Mav women trailed 49-48 at Northern Iowa at the end of three, but ran out of gas and lost 73-56.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    Mav women trailed 49-48 at Northern Iowa at the end of three, but ran out of gas and lost 73-56.
    Overall, not a bad showing by the Mav women playing a D1. Drost had a really good game with 20 points. I believe Fett had 6; I hope they give her a lot of PT this season as I believe she will develop into a good inside player in coming seasons. I don't believe MSU has ever had a player 6'5".

If the NSIC site is correct, SW State accomplished a big upset by 3 over Augustana tonight.

MSU women had their game essentially won in regulation, but an incredibly inept last 16 seconds allowed Minot to tie the game, and later win in overtime.

If the NSIC site is correct, SW State accomplished a big upset by 3 over Augustana tonight.
    It's correct!

Augie hit a go-ahead 3 with 5 seconds left, but true freshman Jenna Borchers nailed the game-winner (plus was fouled for the 4-point play). I missed the start of the game, but Midco crew was referencing how one of Augie's best players Shelby Selland got hurt in the opening minutes of the game.

Improved to 3-16 against Augie in NSIC play (all wins in Marshall). Consecutive good wins for SMSU over the SF programs.

Women from the North went 4-0 against the south for the few of us keeping track, haha

Taking this from the Augie thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    I cant believe how much better the SMSU women are than previous years, Webb is a monster.
    Only one senior on the team too.

Win put us at 6-6 overall. Already the most wins since 2011-12. 3-4 in NSIC play, and last year's 4-18 conf record was also best since 2011-12. And we've yet to play the not as good teams like Bemidji, Minot and Upper Iowa (x2).

I had a good feeling early on that this would be a pretty good hire, but he might even be exceeding my expectations. The early signee for next year's class scored 40 in a game this year too, so the talent is still coming.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast