Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PSAC Coaches Pre-Season Polls

Contribute to D2

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Where the DUCK is Homer?
    Hopefully he lost the web address. He’s probably working his deep connections at Cal to bring us his all the inside scoop, or at least his version of reality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Default Re: PSAC Coaches Pre-Season Polls

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyNation24 View Post
    I couldn’t agree more. Too many transfers and just average recruiting classes won’t cut it. Only plus has been the QB recruiting. There’s a lotta better programs in the PSAC right now and that’s frustrating. Bloom has the resources to be a top tier PSAC program each year. If Bloom doesn’t win 8 games this year, I’d say Darraugh has to go.
    If Darraugh goes, who would be on your list of possible coaches to replace him?

Default Re: PSAC Coaches Pre-Season Polls

Quote Originally Posted by Bloom2005 View Post
    If Darraugh goes, who would be on your list of possible coaches to replace him?
    He is in his 22nd year at Bloom with a record of 41-17 as a HC. Scholarships at 10. I also would be curious to know who can do a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    He is in his 22nd year at Bloom with a record of 41-17 as a HC. Scholarships at 10. I also would be curious to know who can do a better job.
    Danny Hale.

So the last three years they were 20 -13 with Cheyney Millersvile and Loch Haven and releatively easy crossover - 2 games with 1 win Clarion last year on the schedule. Losses to weak Lock Haven and Stonehill teams. The trend is not good, how long do you give him to turn it around. A lot of good coaches would like the BU job.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Danny Hale.
    OK. Hale also had a similar 5 year record from 95-99 at 39-15.

If you look at the recruiting classes 2014 thru 2017. The players quitting and or transferring out has to be the highest rate in the PSAC . There used to be a buzz all the time about Bloom football in August. But Now it seems all but lost.

OK. Hale also had a similar 5 year record from 95-99 at 39-15.
    Let's not forget the man who originally pulled Bloomsburg out of the basement -- George Landis.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Where the DUCK is Homer?
    WHO CARES.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomFan View Post
    If you look at the recruiting classes 2014 thru 2017. The players quitting and or transferring out has to be the highest rate in the PSAC . There used to be a buzz all the time about Bloom football in August. But Now it seems all but lost.
    The last posted roster had about 12 players per year still on the team for 2014 thru 2016, which is about average for a senior class at Bloom. The 2017 class hasn't whittled itself down yet.

In general the buzz around Bloom athletics began to wane under the last AD, and has only increased under the current AD. I recall when Bloom MBB filled the gym with townspeople, who would hit the local restaurants after the game; places were packed. Once Charlie Chronister retired, the program was lost. We could say the same about each sport losing a HC, women's softball, field hockey, basketball, etc. and men's wrestling, football, basketball, etc.. I don't see the administration being able to identify winning coaches, and I would dread a complete change of the guard in football. The program has been successful since the nineties because of the consistency of long time coaches and systems.

Quote Originally Posted by IUP412 View Post
    WHO CARES.
    In a click-bait society ... few are better than that jackas$.

Pre-season coaches polls are very vanilla in most cases. This one this season follows that line, IUP should be the favorite.

Keep an eye out for the first blog for PSAC in a few years in the common weeks as I will preview the league and look at some storylines for 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @zsimpson_d2

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Simpson View Post
    Pre-season coaches polls are very vanilla in most cases. This one this season follows that line, IUP should be the favorite.

Keep an eye out for the first blog for PSAC in a few years in the common weeks as I will preview the league and look at some storylines for 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Simpson View Post

I look forward to the common weeks.

In all seriousness, thanks for stepping up into that role.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123