Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: IUP 2018

Default Re: IUP 2018

Quote Originally Posted by IUPMonk View Post
    Or maybe WFU was just better.
    Speaking of UWF ..... they have 16 transfers coming in this season, 7 are from FBS schools ..... link below .....

https://www.pnj.com/story/sports/201...aul/936128002/

Quote Originally Posted by goalieman View Post
    Speaking of UWF ..... they have 16 transfers coming in this season, 7 are from FBS schools ..... link below .....

That program is perfectly constructed. Plus Pensacola is perfectly situated between south Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and the vast number of football-playing community colleges.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    That program is perfectly constructed. Plus Pensacola is perfectly situated between south Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and the vast number of football-playing community colleges.
    I was in Pensacola last week on business travel. Incredible. What a recruiting advantage. You get a kid to tour campus ... game over. They are signing.

The ladies .... different breed down there.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I was in Pensacola last week on business travel. Incredible. What a recruiting advantage. You get a kid to tour campus ... game over. They are signing.

The ladies .... different breed down there.

Watch Floribama Shore on MTV and you might think differently!

Quote Originally Posted by goalieman View Post

They're talking up a 3rd string D1 transfer QB!! That didn't turn out to well for IUP a few years back did it?

Wasn't Lenny a 5th string D1 transfer QB?

Quote Originally Posted by IUPMonk View Post
    They're talking up a 3rd string D1 transfer QB!! That didn't turn out to well for IUP a few years back did it?
    Don't you think he's meant to be beaudry's back up ? - can't imagine he starts over him. Wish IUP would have brought in a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    They will be FCS in a couple years, bank on that. No way they stay DII with that budget and location.....

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    Don't you think he's meant to be beaudry's back up ? - can't imagine he starts over him. Wish IUP would have brought in a QB.
    They brought in a well regarded freshman.

That was a tough spot for Tort. He actually brought in two highly-touted high school QBs to go along with a star senior.

Not easy to land a quality transfer in that circumstance to come in here and ride pine and wear a baseball hat. That's why most are transfers to begin with, ... So, at that point he's probably looking at a guy who may or may not be worth a roster spot.

I still have doubts if he'd actually toss in a true freshman if Lenny goes down. Mike P. probably takes over. It is certainly a very real topic. QBs like Lenny get hurt. I'm curious how knowing the backup situation alters what they allow Lenny to do. These freshmen are very talented by all accounts but they still have one thing major going against them ... they are freshmen.

That was a tough spot for Tort. He actually brought in two highly-touted high school QBs to go along with a star senior.

Not easy to land a quality transfer in that circumstance to come in here and ride pine and wear a baseball hat. That's why most are transfers to begin with, ... So, at that point he's probably looking at a guy who may or may not be worth a roster spot.

I still have doubts if he'd actually toss in a true freshman if Lenny goes down. Mike P. probably takes over. It is certainly a very real topic. QBs like Lenny get hurt. I'm curious how knowing the backup situation alters what they allow Lenny to do. These freshmen are very talented by all accounts but they still have one thing major going against them ... they are freshmen.

With the stable of running backs Lenny won’t have to be making so many plays that can get him hurt.

IUP is gonna run run run and run some more....

Samir will burn you. You can't find Justice. Temple will run you over.

Not easy to play against. Sellout on the run and Lenny makes it rain ... or takes off.

It would be so fun to watch them run a Navy offense with all four in the backfield together.

Samir will burn you. You can't find Justice. Temple will run you over.

Not easy to play against. Sellout on the run and Lenny makes it rain ... or takes off.

It would be so fun to watch them run a Navy offense with all four in the backfield together.
    I expect Lenny to run like he did when he was Frosh/Soph as the knee is all the way back. He will no doubt be quicker then last year. Scary offense as I heard the new wide-outs especially Rogers and Walls are looking great. Also heard safety Shaq Jones a complete monster....great late pick up for Defense......

Wasn't Lenny a 5th string D1 transfer QB?
    No, he was a college DB who wanted to play QB in college and in typical D1 thinking was deemed to small. IUP came up golden in recognizing that Lenny is a college QB.

Quote Originally Posted by IUP412 View Post
    I expect Lenny to run like he did when he was Frosh/Soph as the knee is all the way back. He will no doubt be quicker then last year. Scary offense as I heard the new wide-outs especially Rogers and Walls are looking great. Also heard safety Shaq Jones a complete monster....great late pick up for Defense......
    I have to agree with you on Lenny. Not saying he was not 100%, but it seem like he was unsure about running quite a bit. If he starts back running the ball like he did as a freshman the offense will be very difficult to stop.
    Last edited by ShoNuff; 08-10-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    I have to agree with you on Lenny. Not saying he was not 100%, but it seem like he was unsure about running quite a bit. If he starts back running the ball like he did as a freshman the offense will be unstoppable.

“Unstoppable” is a big word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Default Re: IUP 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    I have to agree with you on Lenny. Not saying he was not 100%, but it seem like he was unsure about running quite a bit. If he starts back running the ball like he did as a freshman the offense will be unstoppable.
    I think he will run and they will even have plays designed for him to run but he will have to be smart about it just like any QB should be.

I don't think he will be tentative but he won't be taking unnecessary chances.

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    “Unstoppable” is a big word.

Appreciate the advice. I changed it to "very difficult to stop".

19. Default Re: IUP 2018

Quote Originally Posted by IUP412 View Post
    what sucks about that is the WRs cant throw to themselves

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    what sucks about that is the WRs cant throw to themselves

HERE WE GO!

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast