Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camp Open

Contribute to D2

Default Camp Open

When do players start practice for fall season?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Camp Open

Quote Originally Posted by Markat View Post
    When do players start practice for fall season?
    I think most start on the 6th.

3. Default Re: Camp Open

Quote Originally Posted by JR Chaney View Post
    I think most start on the 6th.
    UCM reports to camp Thursday the 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by UCMfootballdad View Post
    UCM reports to camp Thursday the 2nd
    Cheaters.

MSSU starts on the 6th also.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallst View Post
    Cheaters.
    Dirty rotten cheaters

8. Default Re: Camp Open

Quote Originally Posted by Wallst View Post
    Cheaters.
    Central started class today

Central started class today

Does that mean that Doug (what's his name) the basketball coach will finally reveal his 2018 recruiting class? As if it makes any difference. Hope Doug and the Mules stink it up again so we can get a new basketball coach.
    Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 08-14-2018 at 07:06 AM.

10. Default Re: Camp Open

Was told that the Mules secured their last recruit (in basketball) late last week. We will have to see what comes of the season but let's not forget the season is just around the corner. It's not the end of the world if they lose in Hays but a win.....we should be 5 - 0 heading into the UCO game. Other than opening at Hays, the Mules finally get some love in the schedule as it goes Northwest, Hays and Central in consecutive weeks for folks to play. hays definitely has an advantage as they play all of the contenders at home except NW.

11. Default Re: Camp Open

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
    Was told that the Mules secured their last recruit (in basketball) late last week. We will have to see what comes of the season but let's not forget the season is just around the corner. It's not the end of the world if they lose in Hays but a win.....we should be 5 - 0 heading into the UCO game. Other than opening at Hays, the Mules finally get some love in the schedule as it goes Northwest, Hays and Central in consecutive weeks for folks to play. hays definitely has an advantage as they play all of the contenders at home except NW.
    On Media Day Coach Boda was asked why they were not playing NW at Arrowhead this year and all he stated was it was a home game for them and they did not want to give up the "home field advantage". I felt the crowd was pretty even at Arrowhead last year and last minute beautiful pass by NW lost UCM the game.

I watched the end of camp scrimmage last Saturday morning and I am excited for this year!!

On Media Day Coach Boda was asked why they were not playing NW at Arrowhead this year and all he stated was it was a home game for them and they did not want to give up the "home field advantage". I felt the crowd was pretty even at Arrowhead last year and last minute beautiful pass by NW lost UCM the game.

I watched the end of camp scrimmage last Saturday morning and I am excited for this year!!

That game is senior day for UCM. That special game for players and family should be played at home in Warrensburg and not at a neutral site like Arrowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    That game is senior day for UCM. That special game for players and family should be played at home in Warrensburg and not at a neutral site like Arrowhead.
    *whispers* You could have Senior Day the home game prior.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You left out the rest:

Reporter: But coach, you did exactly that last season.

Coach: Well yeah, and we lost. Not doing that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    You left out the rest:

Reporter: But coach, you did exactly that last season.

Coach: Well yeah, and we lost. Not doing that again.

Good one taxman....lol

Losing to Northwest is something Central has been able to do anywhere.

All kidding aside, the real reason is probably $$$. The prior year, a Northwest home game, the crowd was over 15,000. Last year, a Central home game, had a crowd under 12,000. Central had over 10,000 for the opener against Pitt and anyone who was there can verify there was room for more. If the crowd doesn't justify the bigger facility, why pay the fees?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post

All kidding aside, the real reason is probably $$$. The prior year, a Northwest home game, the crowd was over 15,000. Last year, a Central home game, had a crowd under 12,000. Central had over 10,000 for the opener against Pitt and anyone who was there can verify there was room for more. If the crowd doesn't justify the bigger facility, why pay the fees?
    I think it has some value as a status thing and selling point for recruits.

Just for me personally. Going to an NFL Stadium is fun. Tailgating there is more fun. Seeing a game from the stands is fun and different.

Going to games on campus are ok as well. Smaller atmosphere is nice.

How does the money thing work when we play at Arrowhead. Do the schools make any money off the game or are they putting out money to play at Arrowhead. Does anybody on the message board know for sure on the money aspect? Maybe it all depends on crowd size. When Pitt and NW started playing at Arrowhead I think they were drawing around 25,000 fans to the game. As mentioned, last year the "crowd" at Arrowhead was under 12,000. I understand the many reasons for playing at Arrowhead, but just considering crowd size.... I believe the crowd would have been over 14,000 had last years game been played in Warrensburg. How cool would it be "IF" the Mules and Bearcats are both undefeated coming into this years final conference game in Warrensburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulas View Post
    How does the money thing work when we play at Arrowhead. Do the schools make any money off the game or are they putting out money to play at Arrowhead. Does anybody on the message board know for sure on the money aspect? Maybe it all depends on crowd size. When Pitt and NW started playing at Arrowhead I think they were drawing around 25,000 fans to the game. As mentioned, last year the "crowd" at Arrowhead was under 12,000. I understand the many reasons for playing at Arrowhead, but just considering crowd size.... I believe the crowd would have been over 14,000 had last years game been played in Warrensburg. How cool would it be "IF" the Mules and Bearcats are both undefeated coming into this years final conference game in Warrensburg.
    I don’t know specifics- but I have talked to a person who does. And they claim that NW has lost money on the event every year except the first year. That being said- the marketing that the university gets out of it is huge, the recruiting aspect is huge, the interaction with alumni is big. The opportunity to treat your donors to a suite at arrowhead- very nice. So overall- they might lose money on the one day but there is a net positive for the school.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast