Thread: ENMU travel to Missouri S&T

Contribute to D2

Default ENMU travel to Missouri S&T

So first game of 2018 Eastern has another GLVC team to play. They went 1-1 vs SBU.

What are yalls take on this game? What kind of team is the miners? Defense,offense, history and reputation?
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

2. Default Re: ENMU travel to Missouri S&T

Miners have lots of returners coming back. Offense has to find a couple lineman but almost all skill players are returning and Sr. QB is back. There is a transfer coming in who I believe will help also. Defense lost some good players but still return a good core from last year. I think this will be one of the better teams S&T has had in a while(at least on paper). I don't know much about ENMU. How will they be this year?

Default Re: ENMU travel to Missouri S&T

Eastern is a small school in Portales, nm. Student pop is 5000ish including all satilite campuses.

They run the Ground Strike offense as Kelley Lee likes to call it, and are very good at it. In the past 6 years they have been one of the leading rushing teams in the country. They typically dominate the TOP and defend tge run well. Historically they have struggled with defending the deep pass in 1v1 coverage, hopefully that changes.

Last year wen 8-2 only losses were to MSU a second round po team and Commerce who won the NC.

They did graduate several key seniors, including 2 lineman and 1 All American running back.

Overall Eastern is a very blue collar, hit you in the face old school FB team, they do not give up and with the run game as effective as it is opponents have to get the hounds in 4th and 3+ behind their own 40 to get them to punt. Also they have a pretty effective kicker.

4. Default Re: ENMU travel to Missouri S&T

I will be making the drive from Texas to see this game in person. This will be my first S&T game to take in.

Quote Originally Posted by S&TMinerfan View Post
    I will be making the drive from Texas to see this game in person. This will be my first S&T game to take in.
    You got a kid playing?

6. Default Re: ENMU travel to Missouri S&T

Yes Sir. I got a Jr. in HS playing in Texas on Friday night. After Friday nights game me and mama drive overnight (8-9 hours) to go watch my oldest.

7. Default Re: ENMU travel to Missouri S&T

Quote Originally Posted by S&TMinerfan View Post
    Yes Sir. I got a Jr. in HS playing in Texas on Friday night. After Friday nights game me and mama drive overnight (8-9 hours) to go watch my oldest.
    Actually the 1st game is on Thursday so I will drive back on Friday to watch my 2nd born play his HS game

8. Default Re: ENMU travel to Missouri S&T

ENMU is a really physical team that plays very hard. Their triple option offense is very hard to defend and has averaged between 30-40 points per game for the last 5 seasons. They have led the nation in rushing and time of possesion a few times as well. Defensively it is very hard to run the ball against them. The QB Strand has been starting since his Frosh. year and now is a Junior. He throws the ball extremely well for an option QB (for any QB really) and is hard to tackle. What is Missouri S & T like?

S&T conference preseason ranking #2 behind U Indy and recruits STL well and all the football factory states REALLY well: TX, FL, CA. A year or two ago I looked at their depth chart regards to where starters were coming from. From last year I remember they had a close game with West Florida and scored more on U Indy than any other team I think. They seem to be for real to me. Love how they are playing a national schedule. Have to root for the GLVC here but best of luck. And a Greyhound vs Greyhound Classic would be a cool yearly matchup?!

10. Default Re: ENMU travel to Missouri S&T

I think S&T may have a hard time running the ball against a stout ENMU run defense. S&T has a good QB and lots of WR returning. I would think the Miners would want to try to air it out this game(assuming the run defense for ENMU is really as good as stated above). I am looking forward to a very close game between 2 highly competitive teams in their respective conferences. It seems like it is setting up to be a Run vs. Pass kind of game(if both teams stay true to form). I CAN'T WAIT FOR FOOTBALL SEASON TO BE HERE!!!

tomorrow is game day, does M S&T stream their games?

12. Default Re: ENMU travel to Missouri S&T

Just go to S&T website then schedule. Click on link

Miners playing very well Eastern is sucking it up.

17-0 half Miners up. Im not sure the hounds even got on the bus!

tip of the hat to the miners, outplayed my hounds at every level. Good luck on your season!