Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shepherd-- some very early thoughts

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Shepherd-- some very early thoughts

Head Coach, Off. Coordinator, starting WR, most likely the starting RB and a boat load of talented seniors all gone. Could be a little interesting for the Rams this year - better to get this all out of the way before making the jump to PSAC.

5' 10", 245 lb QB. He will look like a wild boar out there. Short yard situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsnut View Post
    5' 10", 245 lb QB. He will look like a wild boar out there. Short yard situations.
    I watched Crounse in HS in Southern MD. He was a really good QB and no where NEAR 245 pounds!! At best he was two bills. Either he hit the weight room HARD due to a possible position change OR he hit the late night cafeteria line HARD!!! I mean, the "Pillsbury Throwboy" was 280 when he played for the NY Giants but he was a full six inches taller (6'4"). FYI according to the inter-web, he's now over 500 pounds!

Update: Jared Lorenzen (The Throwboy) has lost 100 lbs in a year and as of April this year was tipping the scales at just over 400 lbs. Wonder if he's on the Subway diet like the other Jared?? Either way, good luck to him!!!
    Last edited by boatcapt; 08-02-2018 at 01:25 PM.

4. Default Re: Shepherd-- some very early thoughts

I counted 136 names listed on the current roster. Appears the freshman are all included. Sure there will be attrition and sure several won’t show up, but 136 +\- is an insane number of players competing.

Quote Originally Posted by rockytopram View Post
    I counted 136 names listed on the current roster. Appears the freshman are all included. Sure there will be attrition and sure several won’t show up, but 136 +\- is an insane number of players competing.
    136 is a ridiculous number, and I believe that will end next year in the PSAC due to a roster limit of 105..... Do not minimize the QB position, I have followed D2 ball a long time and for many reasons u rarely see a playoff squad without a solid trigger, just the way it is at this level.....

Quote Originally Posted by IUP412 View Post
    136 is a ridiculous number, and I believe that will end next year in the PSAC due to a roster limit of 105..... Do not minimize the QB position, I have followed D2 ball a long time and for many reasons u rarely see a playoff squad without a solid trigger, just the way it is at this level.....
    In 2017, the PSAC roster limit for football was 90. I believe that number will be the same this year.

Quote Originally Posted by casey1017 View Post
    In 2017, the PSAC roster limit for football was 90. I believe that number will be the same this year.
    A roster limit of 90? Do you know why its set at 90 or why have a roster limit at all?

9. Default Re: Shepherd-- some very early thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Ram040506 View Post
    A roster limit of 90? Do you know why its set at 90 or why have a roster limit at all?
    Shepherd will have some unhappy campers if players get cut after the season
    Last edited by BigJacket; 08-13-2018 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by BigJacket View Post
    Shepherd will have some unhappy campers if players get cut after the season
    If they were cut, they wouldn't have been playing anyway.

11. Default Re: Shepherd-- some very early thoughts

Shepherd will just field two teams and capture both the East and West crowns next year

Quote Originally Posted by Ram040506 View Post
    136 is how many kids are on the roster but not how many will have numbers. I would guess the majority of the freshmen will red shirt plus throw in a few medical redshirts and an ineligible or two and it's pretty easy to get down to 90.

Pitt has around 84 players with numbers and apparently @ 15 open number spots for F and R-Fr and SO transfers to try and earn their way onto the main roster. The other 40ish or so kids will be red shirted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12