Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Coordinates of D2 Stadiums

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    183
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    15125

    Default Coordinates of D2 Stadiums

    I'm doing a little project and I need the GPS locations of stadiums in d2 football (going to exclude SFU or any other Canadian programs for this one). Is there a list somewhere that someone else has done?
    Wikipedia already has a list of stadiums, but there are a few missing.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    2,507
    Rep Power
    31611

    Default Re: Coordinates of D2 Stadiums

    Adamson Stadium, California, Pa is 40.0383810, -79.9003173

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    2,076
    Blog Entries
    133
    Rep Power
    378325

    Default Re: Coordinates of D2 Stadiums

    Unsure if this helps. Figured I'd post it anyway..

    https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F..._D2_FB_Map.png

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    90 miles outside Wildcat Country
    Posts
    19,649
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Coordinates of D2 Stadiums

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    Unsure if this helps. Figured I'd post it anyway..

    https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F..._D2_FB_Map.png
    Looks like it needs updated as Dixie State and South Dakota Mines are now RMAC.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Blue Springs, MO
    Posts
    9,578
    Rep Power
    9226

    Default Re: Coordinates of D2 Stadiums

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
    Looks like it needs updated as Dixie State and South Dakota Mines are now RMAC.
    Heavily....its from 2013.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Coordinates of D2 Stadiums

    Citrus Stadium, Glendora, CA (APU): 34.131416, -117.882743

    You said you didn't want it, but I found Simon Fraser's anyway (Terry Fox Field, Burnaby, BC, 49.278602, -122.922324)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    10118

    Default Re: Coordinates of D2 Stadiums

    Limestone College Saints (SAC for football) play at The Reservation, Gaffney High School, Gaffney, SC:

    (35.0669517,-81.6803053)

  8. #8

    Default Re: Coordinates of D2 Stadiums

    This might help:

    https://geonames.usgs.gov/domestic/index.html

    Go to [Search]
    Type "stadium" in [Feature Name]
    Select [State], leave [County] blank
    Select "park" in [Feature Class], leave [Feature ID] blank
    [Send Query]

    Click on stadium name gives the details including GPS locations. Not all stadiums are listed.

    For school locations change [Feature Name] to "college" and [Feature Class] to "school".

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    90 miles outside Wildcat Country
    Posts
    19,649
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Coordinates of D2 Stadiums

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Boys View Post
    This might help:

    https://geonames.usgs.gov/domestic/index.html

    Go to [Search]
    Type "stadium" in [Feature Name]
    Select [State], leave [County] blank
    Select "park" in [Feature Class], leave [Feature ID] blank
    [Send Query]

    Click on stadium name gives the details including GPS locations. Not all stadiums are listed.

    For school locations change [Feature Name] to "college" and [Feature Class] to "school".
    A fair warning, it will give High School stadiums too. Tomlinson Field isn't listed, but local Edgar Brown Stadium for Pasco High is. It doesn't even have GESA Stadium for the local Single A team or Martin Stadium for the WSU Cougars.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    15125

    Default Re: Coordinates of D2 Stadiums

    Thanks for the help everyone, I've got it mostly finished, and ended up just searching for the college/stadium name on bing maps and getting the coordinates from there. My big question is this: Was there any school on that wikipedia article outside of UNA that won't have a program this year? If there is, it'll mess up my next stage a little bit.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,297
    Blog Entries
    238
    Rep Power
    38742

    Default Re: Coordinates of D2 Stadiums

    Quote Originally Posted by da_miner View Post
    Thanks for the help everyone, I've got it mostly finished, and ended up just searching for the college/stadium name on bing maps and getting the coordinates from there. My big question is this: Was there any school on that wikipedia article outside of UNA that won't have a program this year? If there is, it'll mess up my next stage a little bit.
    Brevard, Stillman and Cheyney.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    15125

    Default Re: Coordinates of D2 Stadiums

    Here's the result of my project the closest d2 stadium to each county. It's janky as heck right now, especially on the east coast, and there are way too many schools with the exact same color. Imgur link (seriously it doesn't like embedded links?)
    Last edited by da_miner; 08-07-2018 at 12:43 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,842
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: Coordinates of D2 Stadiums

    Latitude: 37.391883
    Longitude: -94.693754

    West entrance to CSS in Pittsburg

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,842
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: Coordinates of D2 Stadiums

    If you know the address, Google can give you the long and lat

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •