Thread: Don't let the site go away

Contribute to D2

Default Don't let the site go away

Stole this from MIAA board.

All,

As you may or may not know, this forum along with d2football.com, are operated by a couple D2 football fans at their own expense. They support the expenses through donations.

Over the last year in particular, the costs to operate the site have begun to exceed donations.

This has resulted in a personal financial detriment on top of the extreme time commitment to the guys who operate the site. If you noticed, the site was actually shut down the other night as a result.

I believe it is unreasonable to expect the guys dedicating their time to have to pay money out of pocket.

So I strongly request that you click on the donate button, (http://www.d2messageboard.com/vbdonate.php?do=donate) and give what you can to help keep this site operational. If you do not, this service may no longer be available to us.

Thanks a lot for your consideration and I hope we can continue to discuss D2 football together.

Thanks,

Tim

They need to set up a Patreon account. I'd rather pay $10/month than $50 once a year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Default Re: Don't let the site go away

Quote Originally Posted by Braves'86 View Post
    They need to set up a Patreon account. I'd rather pay $10/month than $50 once a year.

I agree.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Braves'86 View Post

I'll get with Brandon on this. Thank you guys!

I wanted to thank ArgoDad for his support of the site. Congratulations on a great season last year and best of luck this year.

I don't spend a lot of time in here these days, but I understand that this site is quite a priveledge and blessing for those of us that love D2 football. I also much appreciate what Brandon and his posse do to keep this place going. I plan to continue trying to support it every year.

I don't really know what Patreon is, but if it allows you to painlessly make a monthly or quarterly payment it'd be something I'd strongly consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
    I don't spend a lot of time in here these days, but I understand that this site is quite a priveledge and blessing for those of us that love D2 football. I also much appreciate what Brandon and his posse do to keep this place going. I plan to continue trying to support it every year.

I don't really know what Patreon is, but if it allows you to painlessly make a monthly or quarterly payment it'd be something I'd strongly consider.

A LOT of us, across ALL regions would agree with you!

I will work on the Patreon option guys. I am really busy getting things ready for the season.

Want to thank Blazetastic for your support for the site. Love adding first time supporters.

Keep the good work going.....

Last edited by Wide_Right; 08-10-2018 at 08:37 AM.

Thanks to Wide_Right and FormerCrusader. Thanks for the support gentlemen. Go Blazers/Go Crusaders

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Thanks to Wide_Right and FormerCrusader. Thanks for the support gentlemen. Go Blazers/Go Crusaders
    Thanks to you and JR. Even though my football team is no longer in D2, my team for all other sports is still part of the GSC. This site has been a great asset for the D2 community for years.
    Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

I would pay $5.00 a month for fees in order to keep things up and running. I believe the guys provide an extremely valuable service to the entire D2 community. While I am critical at times, I do think they deserve all of our support in the future.