Thread: New QB at Arkansas Tech

Contribute to D2

Default New QB at Arkansas Tech

Via Arkansas Tech's Twitter, Arkansas Tech just got a graduate transfer Manny Harris. He is a former D1 kid. Thoughts? I don't like seeing a kid transfer so much. I can't find too much stats on him either. He reminds me of a QB at SAU a few years ago by the name of Stevie Joe Dorman.

Default Re: New QB at Arkansas Tech

Prior To UTSA:
    One of the most decorated players in his school’s history … named to the 2014 Dave Campbell’s Texas Football Top 300 list … tabbed the area’s Most Valuable Player (Killeen Daily Herald) for the second consecutive year after throwing for 1,723 yards and 13 touchdowns as a senior … also earned first-team All-District 12-6A accolades despite missing three games in the middle of the season due to injury … completed 280-of-454 passes (61.7 percent) for 3,775 yards and 38 scores and added another 503 yards on the ground as a junior en route to all-state and District 8-5A co-MVP honors … guided the offense to averages of 46.7 points and 518.9 yards (No. 1 UIL Class 5A) per game that season … coached by Jack Welch.

Here's a link to JUCO stats: http://njcaaregion14.com/sports/fbal...annyharrist408

Seems like a good player. Transfers are part of the culture of DII football, this kid did nothing different than I'm sure many of the guys at SAU or anywhere else have done. Leaving DI, going to JUCO, then going to a different 4-year school is not uncommon at all.

I mean, I think he will be right on par with past Arkansas Tech QB's. He is designed for the spread, and appears to be quick. But, competition is a whole lot different going from Junior College to D2. I say that this season he has mild success, and the next season he may be QB of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by ReddieMade View Post
    Prior To UTSA:
    One of the most decorated players in his school’s history … named to the 2014 Dave Campbell’s Texas Football Top 300 list … tabbed the area’s Most Valuable Player (Killeen Daily Herald) for the second consecutive year after throwing for 1,723 yards and 13 touchdowns as a senior … also earned first-team All-District 12-6A accolades despite missing three games in the middle of the season due to injury … completed 280-of-454 passes (61.7 percent) for 3,775 yards and 38 scores and added another 503 yards on the ground as a junior en route to all-state and District 8-5A co-MVP honors … guided the offense to averages of 46.7 points and 518.9 yards (No. 1 UIL Class 5A) per game that season … coached by Jack Welch.

Here's a link to JUCO stats: http://njcaaregion14.com/sports/fbal...annyharrist408

Seems like a good player. Transfers are part of the culture of DII football, this kid did nothing different than I'm sure many of the guys at SAU or anywhere else have done. Leaving DI, going to JUCO, then going to a different 4-year school is not uncommon at all.
    6 games played and lost all 6

Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    6 games played and lost all 6
    That was just his most recent games. If you look at the split stats it showed he two games against glorified high schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
    That was just his most recent games. If you look at the split stats it showed he two games against glorified high schools.
    New Mexico Military is a legit juco. Rezolution Prep might be the worst football team ever, including the College of Faith teams. Here's video of their 91-0 loss to Hutchinson. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89dYD3IPW0Q

Quote Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
    I mean, I think he will be right on par with past Arkansas Tech QB's. He is designed for the spread, and appears to be quick. But, competition is a whole lot different going from Junior College to D2. I say that this season he has mild success, and the next season he may be QB of the year.
    SE's Ryan Polite & SWOSU's Marc Evans were JUCOs that had great success both years they played in the GAC.