Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SMSU Mustangs 2018

Contribute to D2

Default SMSU Mustangs 2018

Thread must've been lost in a recent purging, so here's another.

Found a cool aerial photo of campus online earlier this week. I'm guessing it's from the late 80s or early 90s.

Default Re: SMSU Mustangs 2018

Thanks for restarting the thread! Nice to know it wasn't just me :) About one month till camp starts. Wondering when they will update the roster with the new recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by NewStangFan View Post
    Wondering when they will update the roster with the new recruits.
    Probably closer to when camp starts

Stanger you are correct it is old school. could be any time before the very late 1980s! Notice Mustang Trail not there!

Tennis courts still there - replaced by the RA

Old softball field where football field now at

excited to watch Gimbel play one more year!

Go Stangs

7. Default Re: SMSU Mustangs 2018

So how many games are you guys going to? Just home, away too or a select few?

Quote Originally Posted by 212 Degrees View Post
    So how many games are you guys going to? Just home, away too or a select few?
    I had been pretty faithful about going to all home games, basically since the new stadium opened (I was a student at the time). Last year, I don't think I made it to a single game. Not sure yet how this year will transpire. I usually don't like going to what I'd call sure losses (MSU, USF, etc), so it's kinda nice to see all of those tougher games on the road. Should be a pretty competitive home schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I had been pretty faithful about going to all home games, basically since the new stadium opened (I was a student at the time). Last year, I don't think I made it to a single game. Not sure yet how this year will transpire. I usually don't like going to what I'd call sure losses (MSU, USF, etc), so it's kinda nice to see all of those tougher games on the road. Should be a pretty competitive home schedule.
    FWF. Even I watch 'em on the 'net and I'm 1,500 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Clean Liver View Post
    FWF. Even I watch 'em on the 'net and I'm 1,500 miles away.
    Never said I don't turn it on. I just don't go to 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Never said I don't turn it on. I just don't go to 'em.
    But LIVE is so much better. And you're right there. Cheerin', p***in' 'n moanin' in person is more fun. Would if I could. H***, I'd drag ya along.

Will go to every home game.

Missing the Kato game in Kato first game of the year unfortunately- sorry Laker -- have both kids in high school events that night -- would definitely go if was free.

planning on away at USF as it is a night game. better for me than an away day game.

Can't go to Mary which bums me out since it is one place I haven't been to yet.

can't go to Duluth which stinks because I would make that a long weekend if I could.

Would consider going to Winona but depends on kids stuff at that point.

Hard to get to away games when you have two kids in high school sports.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMustang View Post

Missing the Kato game in Kato first game of the year unfortunately- sorry Laker -- have both kids in high school events that night -- would definitely go if was free.

planning on away at USF as it is a night game. better for me than an away day game.

can't go to Duluth which stinks because I would make that a long weekend if I could.

Understandable. I would have gone to the Gopher- NM State game if the Mavs weren't playing that night.

14. Default Re: SMSU Mustangs 2018

Quote Originally Posted by MrMustang View Post

Understandable too. My son is redshirting this year so I'm going to the Ag Bowl and then playing the rest by ear based on weather, hotel rates, my schedule, etc. I might try to swing Homecoming too and hopefully that's a easy win.

15. Default Re: SMSU Mustangs 2018

I'll be at every home game and still deciding what road games to venture to. I can't stand streaming the road games. It seems like whoever we are facing has some crew of journalism majors running the show and I usually end up watching on mute.

Quote Originally Posted by 212 Degrees View Post
    Understandable too. My son is redshirting this year so I'm going to the Ag Bowl and then playing the rest by ear based on weather, hotel rates, my schedule, etc. I might try to swing Homecoming too and hopefully that's a easy win.
    Contact the Arbor Inn B and B. You'll be hosted by two of the nicest people in Mini-Soda.

Contact the Arbor Inn B and B. You'll be hosted by two of the nicest people in Mini-Soda.
    Stanger and me?????????

18. Default Re: SMSU Mustangs 2018

Thanks for the referral. I'll look them up online.

I may have misheard, but I thought I heard Sauter say on the radio this morning that this is the first year we've had a full-time strength and conditioning coach. I thought that was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    Stanger and me?????????
    I thought ya didn't drink.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast