Thread: Who will Finish Last?

Contribute to D2

Default Who will Finish Last?

I am guessing it's going to be Southern Nazarene. Either them or one of the OK schools. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Who will Finish Last?

Oklahoma Baptist

Very Possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
    I am guessing it's going to be Southern Nazarene. Either them or one of the OK schools. Any thoughts?
    I'm curious why you lean towards Southern Nazarene?

Main reason is I just feel like they always can never finish. They can hold some of the teams close up until the 4th quarter. If you also look at last year's standings. East Central and SW Ok are rebounding and should be a lot more competitive overall this year. I think the only other school that could finish last would be OK Baptist, but they have showed some fight.

Main reason is I just feel like they always can never finish. They can hold some of the teams close up until the 4th quarter. If you also look at last year's standings. East Central and SW Ok are rebounding and should be a lot more competitive overall this year. I think the only other school that could finish last would be OK Baptist, but they have showed some fight.
    They beat Harding and HSU last year, so I wouldn't be so quick to write SNU off. Their QB should be back and he was a pretty good player.

Quote Originally Posted by ReddieMade View Post
    They beat Harding and HSU last year, so I wouldn't be so quick to write SNU off. Their QB should be back and he was a pretty good player.

I’ll take HU and HSU parlayed for 1 million please.

Good point, but remember, Harding struggled out of the gate. Also Henderson was down. I could see them beating some OK schools, but which school in Arkansas will they pick up a win against?

Main reason is I just feel like they always can never finish. They can hold some of the teams close up until the 4th quarter.
    That's a very good point.

If you also look at last year's standings. East Central and SW Ok are rebounding and should be a lot more competitive overall this year.
    Neither team is really rebounding. In ECU's case I don't consider winning 2 games in 2017, up from winning 1 game in 2016, a rebound. SWOSU went from 5-6 in 2016 to 3-8 in 2017--that is the opposite of a rebound. Having said all that, ECU's previous coach left a bunch of talent to work with, SWOSU's coach not so much.

I think the only other school that could finish last would be OK Baptist, but they have showed some fight.
    For their first two seasons, I would agree. Last year, not so much. There was a noticeable drop off in games, particularly on defense--big reason they fired their DC after just four games.

Good point, but remember, Harding struggled out of the gate. Also Henderson was down. I could see them beating some OK schools, but which school in Arkansas will they pick up a win against?
    ReddieMade, I would agree that we shouldn't write off SNU so quickly. I certainly think an argument can be made that SNU may win 5 games.

Mulerider, spot on about SNU's wins against Harding and Henderson. While I agree with you on your earlier point that SNU struggles to finish, I would point out that SNU returns a lot of key players on both sides of the ball, including their QB, so their experience might pay off.

I think one thing we can all agree on--SNU is not going to surprise people this year like they did last year.

Fair enough Armo.