Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hootens Arkansas Football Book Pre-Season Rankings

Contribute to D2

Default Hootens Arkansas Football Book Pre-Season Rankings

The Hooten's Arkansas Football Book is out! Here is where they list everyone,

1. Ouachita Baptist
    2. Harding
    3. Southern Arkansas
    4. Henderson State
    5. Arkansas Tech
    6. SE Oklahoma State
    7. NW Oklahoma State
    8. UA-Monticello
    9. East Central
    10. SW Oklahoma State
    11. Southern Nazarene
    12. Oklahoma Baptist

What do yall think?

I see everything being about right except SE Oklahoma possibly being higher as well as Oklahoma Baptist being 10 or 11. It's going to be a fight in the top 3!

Default Re: Hootens Arkansas Football Book Pre-Season Rankings

They have Arkansas Tech too low!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Boys View Post
    They have Arkansas Tech too low!
    Ehh.. I think they could easily be number #4. I think if OBU slips the first couple of games, it could be a long season. Not likely though. But it's hard to argue the Top 3. Arkansas Tech got lucky with SAU at home last year. SAU will be ready for them this year. Who is Arkansas Tech's QB? They have TBD right now in the book. Also, they have to play at SAU, OBU, and at Harding. Going to be tough to win any of those games.

No idea how Harding isn't No. 1.

No disrespect to OBU, they're the defending champs, but Harding very well could be an AFCA preseason Top-10 or 15 team to start the year.

Quote Originally Posted by ReddieMade View Post

No disrespect to OBU, they're the defending champs, but Harding very well could be an AFCA preseason Top-10 or 15 team to start the year.
    Harding could also start the season 0-3!!!
    Our offense will crank up as always. Time will tell with the shakeup on the defensive coaching staff. If the defense can improve from last year, I don't see a game we can't win.

Just a formality. I don’t ever understand the whole ranking somebody 1 just because they won a title the year before etc. OBU going to be tough. I like our chances though. I’ve heard of some of the defensive changes OBU is making scheme wise, and it excites me as an HU fan and our offense. Time will tell. I think HU is going be really really really good on defense.

I think Harding will stop OBU, just because of their defense.

While I think Hooten's is good for starting off-season/pre-season conversations, I think a few things should be kept in mind about Hooten's.
    1) I seriously doubt Hooten's writer actually watches/pays attention to the entire GAC during football season.
    2) Hooten's writer doesn't appear to double check on returning starters.
    3) Hooten's is essentially an information dump, whose college focus is more on the "big boys" of D1.

Regarding the first two points, here are some examples:
    1) Hooten's lists Harding's offense as multiple. Anybody that has seen Harding knows that offense is Flexbone.
    2) Hooten's lists Southern Arkansas's defense as 3-3. Southern Arkansas has played as a four-man front since at least 2012.
    3) Hooten's lists Ouachita as returning 9 starters on defense. Given that DE John Rachal, LBs Elijah Jones and Luke Holt, and CBs Zach Miller and Shaquille Hunter were all starters and all were seniors, that means Ouachita lost at least five starters on defense.

As for my last point, just look in Hooten's and see how much detailed info and insight they give on the D1 "big boys" versus the GAC teams.

[QUOTE=Armo Wood;2229934]While I think Hooten's is good for starting off-season/pre-season conversations, I think a few things should be kept in mind about Hooten's.
    1) I seriously doubt Hooten's writer actually watches/pays attention to the entire GAC during football season.
    3) Hooten's is essentially an information dump, whose college focus is more on the "big boys" of D1.

1) Hooten's lists Harding's offense as multiple. Anybody that has seen Harding knows that offense is Flexbone.
    2) Hooten's lists Southern Arkansas's defense as 3-3. Southern Arkansas has played as a four-man front since at least 2012.
    3) Hooten's lists Ouachita as returning 9 starters on defense. Given that DE John Rachal, LBs Elijah Jones and Luke Holt, and CBs Zach Miller and Shaquille Hunter were all starters and all were seniors, that means Ouachita lost at least five starters on defense.

As for my last point, just look in Hooten's and see how much detailed info and insight they give on the D1 "big boys" versus the GAC teams.[/QUOTEi

Yeah that caught my eye also. Not very accurate on alot of things. I'd probably would have made SAU number 1 by default of returning senior QB. All the other top dogs have question marks at that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    While I think Hooten's is good for starting off-season/pre-season conversations, I think a few things should be kept in mind about Hooten's.

As for my last point, just look in Hooten's and see how much detailed info and insight they give on the D1 "big boys" versus the GAC teams.

I’d still say Hootens is high school football first. They do a pretty good job with that considering how many teams there Are to cover

UAM is top 4 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
    A .500 record is very possible.

No sir.

BRO.....

Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    A .500 record is very possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    No sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
    BRO.....
    Fred is the voice of reason

Fred is the voice of reason
    I just don't see how UAM replaces the production of Tolliver. I mean, gracious, the guy scored 16 TD's last year. He WAS the offense.

I just don't see how UAM replaces the production of Tolliver. I mean, gracious, the guy scored 16 TD's last year. He WAS the offense.
    EXACTLY! You hit the nail on the head.

Now that’s almost laughable. Love Tollivar, but Sears is the key. Y’all are going to be astounded at our WR production.

Now that’s almost laughable. Love Tollivar, but Sears is the key. Y’all are going to be astounded at our WR production.
    Just like we have been astounded with yalls team the past 4 or 5 years?

Nope. Tollivar had 16 catches against HU. Sears was not the key.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast