Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NSU Wolves 2018

Default NSU Wolves 2018

Wolves added another JUCO WR from California in the past few days.

Default Re: NSU Wolves 2018

Wolves new soccer turf is down and looking incredible. They are now laying the practice field and a half for football and the fieldhouse/seating for soccer should be done soon, way ahead of schedule.

Also when in Aberdeen I notice that the Swisher field turf has been torn up and it is becoming very blue and gold (for Aberdeen Central High School). I would have thought they would want to wait and make it last longer when NSU gets the new football stadium built. Either way, some great venues.

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Wolves new soccer turf is down and looking incredible. They are now laying the practice field and a half for football and the fieldhouse/seating for soccer should be done soon, way ahead of schedule.

Also when in Aberdeen I notice that the Swisher field turf has been torn up and it is becoming very blue and gold (for Aberdeen Central High School). I would have thought they would want to wait and make it last longer when NSU gets the new football stadium built. Either way, some great venues.
    Also, they are putting up a new scoreboard.
    Wonder what they will do with my grandfather's bust statue. Will it stay there or eventually move out to the new football stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Swisher View Post
    Also, they are putting up a new scoreboard.
    Wonder what they will do with my grandfather's bust statue. Will it stay there or eventually move out to the new football stadium.
    I was thinking of that. Unless the on campus facility becomes Clark Swisher Field at Dakota Bank stadium?

The most recent newsletter out states that we are now at $33 million of the $45 million campaign goal. That is up $7 million in just six months. This is all separate from the $55 million in other projects that have already been privately funded. The new dorms are completed, the soccer complex is almost done, the practice football fields are in progress, Jerde Hall came down early and the regional science center is well underway. All these projects are ahead of schedule.

$100 million in upgrades in just five years...just unbelievable.

So....what happened to Sheehan? I am not going to go through the list tonight, but man, feel a like we lost a lot of young guys since last year.

The Wolves will be up to 30 scholarships this year. Though they would like to offer more, they cannot until they can gain some additional funding for the womens side of things. Apparently the money is there, we must need some people to be less specific when they donate so they can spread the money out to other programs, haha.

New post from the AAN is that 15th Avenue between the BC and the new stadium could possibly be closed. Regardless of the reason I like the idea. I also hope the reason is one of two reasons I am hoping for...

New post from the AAN is that 15th Avenue between the BC and the new stadium could possibly be closed. Regardless of the reason I like the idea. I also hope the reason is one of two reasons I am hoping for...
    Watched a video, the new plans have the stadium tying into the BC. I thought they should do this anyways as you can share some of the amenities, it will add to an updated look to the BC, you can tie in overlooking suites, etc. They also changed the set up so that the football field and the softball field are on the east side of the property. Parking/tailgating for over 400 cars in the NW portion of the land and my personal optimistic favorite...a very large unused area in the SW corner which something very dear to me could fit in the future. Dont love the idea of HR balls going into a road, but perhaps that is the case of other softball facilities in the NSIC?

I noticed Northern will be wearing a white jersey this year. It would look awesome if they had a white helmet and wore white pants.

I noticed Northern will be wearing a white jersey this year. It would look awesome if they had a white helmet and wore white pants.
    To each their own, I think the white helmets look awful, besides, arent you a Maverick fan now?

To each their own, I think the white helmets look awful, besides, arent you a Maverick fan now?
    Still a die-hard Northern fan. Still will be at every home game, plus going to Moorhead, Mary, and possibly Duluth games.
    Just happy for my cousin's son getting a shot with the Mustangs.

Still a die-hard Northern fan. Still will be at every home game, plus going to Moorhead, Mary, and possibly Duluth games.
    Just happy for my cousin's son getting a shot with the Mustangs.
    Um... its Screaming Eagles.

So, on an optimistic side, I could see 5hese Wolves going 8-3, maybe 9-2...does it sound crazy, of course it does...but we get Augie, St. Cloud and Winona (Gypsy Days) at home. I really wish we had this specific schedule next season instead. While those three arent some push over, it us nice to have at home instead of away. Now, I started looking back to see the last time we won opening week on the road...the online schedules only go back to 1998 and I couldn't find one. (Yikes) So that mixed with we always seem to start slow means winning at Bemidji that opening Thursday would be a HUGE boost as we then follow with Minot, @Moorhead, then St. Cloud and Winona at home.

Could we easily be 5-6, of course and that's about where we were picked but considering how good a year we had last year after being picked 9th and finishing 6th, I'm really hoping they can continue the momentum. Eager to see how Hunter has developed more than anything else.

Personal opinion, I have a firm belief in our young guys. It may or may not transpire this season but something big is coming. My bold prediction (aside from the lofty 8-3/9-2 record) Mitch Sharer will be one of the best lineman in the conference by junior or senior year.

Wolves have added two more JUCO players.

WR Jelani Davis - 6'0" 180 lbs. 4.37 40 and ranked #6 WR in Cali

DB/WR Tyrone Roberts - 5'10" 175 lbs.

Both are potentially nice additions in some key spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Um... its Screaming Eagles.
    Oops...I see I wrote Mustangs. I meant to say Mavericks.

Oops...I see I wrote Mustangs. I meant to say Mavericks.
    Mistakes happen. Example: you used to have a NSU avatar ;)

I feel like when kids hour team is recruiting two years out start following you on social media out of no where you have finally made it as a true fan and alumni, haha

Newest rendering after changing the set up a bit.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast