Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on Tarleton Football Stadium

Default Update on Tarleton Football Stadium

https://tarletonsports.com/news/2018...ideo-tour.aspx

http://tarletonfootballrenovation.co...es/?gallery=15

The first link is a new video showing the stadium from a couple of days ago and the second is a group of pictures from the end of May.

There is no way the stadium will be completed by the start of the season. I received some stuff from the school a couple of weeks ago and the phrase used in some of the paperwork was “substantial completion”. Also received my season ticket update and there was no discussion about where my seats will be located. Do I keep my same seats or will substantial completion allow me to move to the new section?

As for the new stadium, it is going to be great, whenever it’s finished.

Default Re: Update on Tarleton Football Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by TexanFan View Post
    https://tarletonsports.com/news/2018...ideo-tour.aspx

http://tarletonfootballrenovation.co...es/?gallery=15

The first link is a new video showing the stadium from a couple of days ago and the second is a group of pictures from the end of May.

There is no way the stadium will be completed by the start of the season. I received some stuff from the school a couple of weeks ago and the phrase used in some of the paperwork was “substantial completion”. Also received my season ticket update and there was no discussion about where my seats will be located. Do I keep my same seats or will substantial completion allow me to move to the new section?

As for the new stadium, it is going to be great, whenever it’s finished.
    That’s cool. I watched the video. Construction Supervisor needs to be on America’s Got Talent. Lmao! I don’t even watch that crappy show. Talk about Mr. Personality. Well....I guess you can bring your lawn chair and sit on top where Supervisor said was the best view.

Nice update. I've been to 8 or 9 games in Stephenville. The visitor side was just metal bleachers. Plain Jane. Any improvements on that side? The new home side looks like a big improvement. What will the seating capacity be once finished?

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Nice update. I've been to 8 or 9 games in Stephenville. The visitor side was just metal bleachers. Plain Jane. Any improvements on that side? The new home side looks like a big improvement. What will the seating capacity be once finished?
    The home side is being switched to what was the visitor side. The plain Jane metal bleachers are gone and being replaced by the new four story stands. Phase II is the demolition of the current home stands with the purple T and replaced with new visitor and student seating. Not sure when Phase II will begin.

My understanding is new capacity will be somewhere between 9,000 and 10,000.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Has the move to D1 talk died down? I haven't heard anything lately.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    Has the move to D1 talk died down? I haven't heard anything lately.
    Haven’t heard anything in awhile. I still believe it is only a matter of when and not if we move up.

Looking forward to seeing what has been completed when we roll into town on 8/30.

Quote Originally Posted by flexbone View Post
    Looking forward to seeing what has been completed when we roll into town on 8/30.
    https://twitter.com/tarletonfb?lang=en

Although a huge improvement over the old metal stands, I would be shocked to see this finished in less than a month to be ready for FB season. Martinez post on July 28 shows a lot of work needed to finish.

9. Default Re: Update on Tarleton Football Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    https://twitter.com/tarletonfb?lang=en

Although a huge improvement over the old metal stands, I would be shocked to see this finished in less than a month to be ready for FB season. Martinez post on July 28 shows a lot of work needed to finish.
    My wife met with a TSU football player the other day and he mentioned that the new target completion is mid-season. I'd be surprised if they play in a completed stadium this year.. Too many little things that need to be worked out (mechanically speaking) in construction for it to be ready anytime soon. Plus, that construction crew isn't exactly burning the midnight oil to get it finished!

Received my season tickets yesterday and all games show my old seats. So maybe no new seats this season???

Still it will be a very nice stadium whenever it is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by TexanFan View Post
    Received my season tickets yesterday and all games show my old seats. So maybe no new seats this season???

Still it will be a very nice stadium whenever it is finished.
    Ha! Revenge for HS stadium a year ago.

Stephenville natives give us an update... with pictures.

Any new news on the stadium. the stadium construction website doesn't offer much, don't really know why they even have it. I thought they would have a construction cam like they do on the dorms they built.

14. Default Re: Update on Tarleton Football Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
    Stephenville natives give us an update... with pictures.
    Well.. There isn't much to show. They've slapped some brick up there, and that's about it. The progress is glacial at best.

I'm looking forward to some new lighting. That old Memorial Stadium lighting was like trying to play backyard football at midnight with your parents' floodlights illuminating the "field."

It's amazing how fast A&M system moves on construction projects in College Station (example: Kyle Field)

All the other campuses get Billy Fred's Contracting to come out and work at a snails pace...... priorities I guess.

Default Update on Tarleton Football Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
    It's amazing how fast A&M system moves on construction projects in College Station (example: Kyle Field)

All the other campuses get Billy Fred's Contracting to come out and work at a snails pace...... priorities I guess.

Don’t complain. At least your stadium is getting some attention along with WTAM and their new build and it wasn’t too long ago Commerce did some upgrades . It could be worse and be sitting there as a monument to past. Just sayin....

Quote Originally Posted by gruesome View Post
    Well.. There isn't much to show. They've slapped some brick up there, and that's about it. The progress is glacial at best.

I'm looking forward to some new lighting. That old Memorial Stadium lighting was like trying to play backyard football at midnight with your parents' floodlights illuminating the "field."
    Your killing me. I’m still laughing. Y’all really can’t complain with all the money that has been invested in TSU in the last decade. A new Engineering building is being constructed also as well as the new construction going on in Ft Worth.

I’m envisioning the football backyard scene with the floodlights and not seeing the football until it smashes your face!!!

18. Default Re: Update on Tarleton Football Stadium

I was at the stadium last night and the new lights are great, and the stadium construction is beginning to pick up. Once it is completed it will be something like no other in the LSC. Temporary bleachers are in place on the track on the West side of the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by majorpayne View Post
    I was at the stadium last night and the new lights are great, and the stadium construction is beginning to pick up. Once it is completed it will be something like no other in the LSC. Temporary bleachers are in place on the track on the West side of the stadium.
    Better than WT's new stadium?

20. Default Re: Update on Tarleton Football Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Your killing me. I’m still laughing. Y’all really can’t complain with all the money that has been invested in TSU in the last decade. A new Engineering building is being constructed also as well as the new construction going on in Ft Worth.

I’m envisioning the football backyard scene with the floodlights and not seeing the football until it smashes your face!!!
    Let's face it, there's no better way to describe that old lighting situation. There's no telling how many 12-man plays went down because the refs couldn't see well enough to count! The old fogies say there was once a Canadian football game played at Memorial Stadium, and no one could see well enough to tell otherwise.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast