Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloomsburg

Contribute to D2

Default Bloomsburg

Picks up a transfer from University of Alabama-Birmingham in Jagger Harstshorn. Bloomsburg was on his final list of schools that initially recruited him. He picked Wagner, before UAB entered the process. Bloom signed a teammate LB Joe Robinson last year from Pennridge H.S. and he played as a freshman, but not sure of his status for this season. Looks like he was going to be a WR with 4.5 speed and good hands at UAB. Bloom needs a QB and WR, so it could be interesting.

"The 6-foot-1, 205-pound Hartshorn was a quarterback at Pennridge High, as well as the previous two seasons at Forsyth Central High in Georgia...Hartshorn accounted for 25 touchdowns as a senior, including scores passing, rushing and receiving. He opened the season by rushing 11 times for 208 yards with five touchdowns. All five of the touchdowns came in the first half. Hartshorn rushed for a touchdown and caught two touchdown passes while playing receiver in a recent all-star game featuring graduating seniors from Bucks County and Montgomery County in Pennsylvania."

"Hartshorn, who rushed for 1,239 yards and 15 scores and threw for 888 yards and eight touchdowns last season, spent his freshman year at Pennridge before his family moved to Georgia where he played for two seasons before returning to the area for his senior campaign....“Jagger possesses an excellent combination of dynamic speed, the ability to make people miss in the open field and terrific hands,” Pennridge coach Jeff Hollenbach said.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3679911...ddf85604acaed1

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3679911/Jagger-Hartshorn

Default Re: Bloomsburg

He seems like a legit player but sort of all over the place as far as what he wants to do. Hopefully he can settle into the HUSKIES program and provide some offensive spark.

The schedule is posted with all 2:00 starts for home games, except Ship at 6:00.

http://buhuskies.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

4. Default Re: Bloomsburg

Remarkably they do not have a Richards, Woods, Jones or Watts on the roster

Quote Originally Posted by RockinTheSnackBar View Post
    Remarkably they do not have a Richards, Woods, Jones or Watts on the roster
    No Smiths either.

Neosez Reales 5'11" 270 G/DT Allentown Dieruff H.S. looks like a late addition.
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/6319767/Neo-Reales

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Neosez Reales 5'11" 270 G/DT Allentown Dieruff H.S. looks like a late addition.
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/6319767/Neo-Reales
    Word is Ethan Price who would of been a true junior this season, has transferred out. Not sure why. He seemed to be an exciting player at times.
    Also a few returners from last years team have decided not to come out in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomFan View Post
    Word is Ethan Price who would of been a true junior this season, has transferred out. Not sure why. He seemed to be an exciting player at times.
    Also a few returners from last years team have decided not to come out in the fall.
    Seeing as though he never used a redshirt wouldn't surprise me if he tried his luck at the FCS level and used 2018 as a redshirt year. If so while being a redshirt I believe he would have the chance to still play in up to 4 games while retaining his redshirt year. If he stayed at the D2 level the schools that best fit his playing style would be Kutztown, WCU, Ship or Cal

Quote Originally Posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
    Seeing as though he never used a redshirt wouldn't surprise me if he tried his luck at the FCS level and used 2018 as a redshirt year. If so while being a redshirt I believe he would have the chance to still play in up to 4 games while retaining his redshirt year. If he stayed at the D2 level the schools that best fit his playing style would be Kutztown, WCU, Ship or Cal
    FCS ??? In two seasons he's averaged 1.6 receptions for 28.6 yards per game. Are we talking about the same Ethan Price ? 6'2" 200 lbs out of Southern Lehigh ? Pass.

This seems to be old news. Check the spring roster, that's who I expect to see in the fall. Most of the missing were freshman, although everyone is replaceable. The transfer noted earlier could be a starter at wr. Price had the talent and potential to turn into a good player someday. I also would be surprised if the coach allows RB Gooden back on the team.

https://wcupagoldenrams.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8770

Hope they make him sit out a year. The inter-division transfer is no good for the league.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Hope they make him sit out a year. The inter-division transfer is no good for the league.
    They being?

Quote Originally Posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    FCS ??? In two seasons he's averaged 1.6 receptions for 28.6 yards per game. Are we talking about the same Ethan Price ? 6'2" 200 lbs out of Southern Lehigh ? Pass.
    Seeing as though he went to a team that ran the ball 2 out of 3 downs his stats probably aren't what they could be. Has height and size to be productive not quite sure of his work ethic or grades as far as transferring. But none the less he's at WCU and my guess would be he won't have to sit out since he probably wasn't getting any scholarship money from Bloom and if that's the case WCU is not paying either lol.

They being the PSAC. I think he has to sit this year per conference rules.

But, yes, being a WR at Bloom is like being a WR at Navy.

quashah carter I believe was recruited by Bloom, he played spring ball at IUP, did OK too I don't think he was on the roster very long at Bloom though.

They being the PSAC. I think he has to sit this year per conference rules.
    New rule? Players transfer within the conference and play right away all the time. Off the top of my head, Marshall Vogel played QB at WCU in 2008 and played in games at Kutztown in 2009. DB Kenny Williams played in a game at West Chester in 2013 and played all 11 games at Kutztown the following year.

Not saying they aren't good ... just not used much.

I can understand how a high school player or his parents wouldn't know the tendencies of any given school, but it's unforgivable for any high school coach to let a talented player waste his eligibility enrolling at a program that won't use his talents. Hope he gets a chance to show what he has at WCU.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast