Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10th Football Member (Wishful Thinking)

Default 10th Football Member (Wishful Thinking)

As most of you know in Fall 2019 LSC will have 19 members adding 8 more Non football members to the conference which will bring the total to 10 Non football members to 9 Football members. (Not counting UT Tyler or UT Dallas yet)

Which team would you like to see add football to be the 10th football member of the LSC ? and why ? ( Wishful thinking )

Cameron University
    Texas Women's
    University of Arkansas-Fort Smith
    Dallas Baptist University
    Lubbock Christian University
    Oklahoma Christian University
    Rogers State University
    St. Edward’s University
    St. Mary’s University
    Texas A&M International University
    *UT Tyler
    *UT Dallas

*Both exploring DII move

Last edited by AmaKnight; 06-12-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Default Re: 10th Football Member (Wishful Thinking)

Quote Originally Posted by AmaKnight View Post
    As most of you know in Fall 2019 LSC will have 19 members adding 8 more Non football members to the conference which will bring the total to 10 Non football members to 9 Football members. (Not counting UT Tyler or UT Dallas yet)

Which team would you like to see add football to be the 10th football member of the LSC ? and why ? ( Wishful thinking )

Cameron University
    Texas Women's
    Rogers State University
    St. Edward’s University
    St. Mary’s University
    *UT Tyler
    *UT Dallas

*Both exploring DII move

Hands down in my book would be Cameron. They already have the facilities, and would fulfill their promise when they originally joined. Also, great location wise.

Cameron University
    Texas Women's
    Rogers State University
    St. Edward’s University
    St. Mary’s University
    *UT Tyler
    *UT Dallas

*Both exploring DII move

Sort of agree with WT Alum. Cameron had football and this should fulfill their promise to add it back. I'd also like to see either St Ed's or St Mary's just to have a close game to travel to.

Do any of the new additions have baseball?
    We must love our children more than we hate our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by '89HOG View Post
    Sort of agree with WT Alum. Cameron had football and this should fulfill their promise to add it back. I'd also like to see either St Ed's or St Mary's just to have a close game to travel to.

Do any of the new additions have baseball?
    For football; definitely Cameron and what are the chances at TAMIU.

They all have baseball but Dallas Baptist baseball is D1.

DBU or TWU

DBU because DFW does not have a DII football program. They could be a powerhouse.

TWU, because seeing an all girls football team would be fun.

Wishful thinking. It's all about the money. It all depends on which program could muster the funds necessary to start a program. Cameron has to be ruled out. They just don't have the money. I really don't know enough about the financial strength or wherewithal of the other schools. Personally, I'd like to see St. Eds or St. Marys add FB. St. Eds is getting up to 6,000 enrollment. Can Tx International tax it's students enough to get it done? Doubtful. The one program that should be able to do it is Ft. Smith. LCU would be a great add, but, like St. Marys of St Eds, without a benefactor stepping up to underwrite the start-up, not much chance.

I've heard that you need about $1.5M seed money to get a program off of the ground, if you have a place to play. I would imagine minimum sustainability in the LSC would be another $2M a year (depending on public or private schollie costs). Private's schollie costs would be much higher (or nothing if absorbed into the budget).

How much did it cost UTPB to get FB rolling?

When all is said and done, UT-Tyler may be he best bet, but, it's probablely 5 years out at the earliest.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 06-12-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    DBU or TWU

DBU because DFW does not have a DII football program. They could be a powerhouse.

As long as they don't look like Beulah Balbricker. For you young ones out there, Google is your friend if you want to look up that name. And the movie she started in.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Wishful thinking. It's all about the money. It all depends on which program could muster the funds necessary to start a program. Cameron has to be ruled out. They just don't have the money. I really don't know enough about the financial strength or wherewithal of the other schools. Personally, I'd like to see St. Eds or St. Marys add FB. St. Eds is getting up to 6,000 enrollment. Can Tx International tax it's students enough to get it done? Doubtful. The one program that should be able to do it is Ft. Smith. LCU would be a great add, but, like St. Marys of St Eds, without a benefactor stepping up to underwrite the start-up, not much chance.

I've heard that you need about $1.5M seed money to get a program off of the ground, if you have a place to play. I would imagine minimum sustainability in the LSC would be another $2M a year (depending on public or private schollie costs). Private's schollie costs would be much higher (or nothing if absorbed into the budget).

How much did it cost UTPB to get FB rolling?

When all is said and done, UT-Tyler may be he best bet, but, it's probablely 5 years out at the earliest.
    A&M International is mostly a commuter school. Frankly I was surprised they started an athletic program when they did.

DBU or TWU

Have you ever been on DBU’s campus? Really small and on top of a hill between Dallas and Arlington. Really neat set up. It would take a lot to get football there, but Houston Baptist somehow got it going albeit 3rd rate.

Cameron University
    Texas Women's
    Rogers State University
    St. Edward’s University
    St. Mary’s University
    *UT Tyler
    *UT Dallas

*Both exploring DII move

Ut tyler is comming to lsc in 2020

11. Default Re: 10th Football Member (Wishful Thinking)

Quote Originally Posted by Boohaha View Post
    Ut tyler is comming to lsc in 2020
    There you go. Div II & Tyler too.

12. Default Re: 10th Football Member (Wishful Thinking)

I would love to see LSC in the Austin area so the Hilltoppers would be my favorite !

I mean who wouldn't want to accidentally take a trip to dirty 6th after the game !

13. Default Re: 10th Football Member (Wishful Thinking)

Cameron, Oklahoma Christian, St. Mary's....for the football question.

Has the LSC announced how basketball is going to work with these new schools?

and while I'm on it, isn't Texas Woman's University sexist? How can they call it that?

I'm suggesting a name change: Denton State or San Jacinto University....any one else have suggestions

DBU or TWU

DBU is a small school concentrates it’s resources on its highly successful D1 baseball program. Maybe if they had a mega donor who would fund fb they would consider it, otherwise it isn’t likely.

I like the TWU idea! That would add some excitement to the LSC.

15. Default Re: 10th Football Member (Wishful Thinking)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalodad View Post

and while I'm on it, isn't Texas Woman's University sexist? How can they call it that?

I'm suggesting a name change: Denton State or San Jacinto University....any one else have suggestions

No announcement on how basketball / volleyball conference alignment will plan out. That probably wont happen till next basketball season some time. I think they will keep it traditional and only have 2 divisions in the conference others here believe they will have 4. Other D2 conferences I have seen like NSIC - 16 basketball members PSAC - 18 basketball members only have 2 divisions. back in 2011 when the LSC had 15 members it split up in North and South. But the way the map looks now it maybe easier for them to switch to East and West.

Split the line diagonal between St Edwards and Tarleton.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
    There you go. Div II & Tyler too.
    They are not adding football at this time though. 11 nonfootball schools, 9 football schools.

13% of the TWU enrollment is male. Does Title IX work in reverse?

LSC has hired a consultant to come up with options for conference alignments and scheduling. They will make a recommendation.

Just take Highlands already.

I think TWU has a fairly large male enrollment but they choose to discriminate against men when it comes to athletics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast