Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nonconference schedules 2018-19

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Nonconference schedules 2018-19

We are now past the halfway point on all D2 colleges releasing schedules. Just found a first game for Drury.

2. Default Re: Nonconference schedules 2018-19

Only one game so it can start early..too bad about the different time zones

William Jewell is certainly not afraid to schedule tough teams out of conference. Games against Queens, Tarleton, Arkansas Tech, and Central Missouri.

Quote Originally Posted by schnautza View Post
    We are now past the halfway point on all D2 colleges releasing schedules. Just found a first game for Drury.
    I don't think Drury knows some of Drury's opponents yet.

I know they're playing in the west coast Disney event at the beginning of the season. That'll be 3 games and I don't think they've been told the opponents.

They're also going to Florida in December for two games, one of which they still don't know who the opponent will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    William Jewell is certainly not afraid to schedule tough teams out of conference. Games against Queens, Tarleton, Arkansas Tech, and Central Missouri.
    Truman's non-con if probably even tougher than Jewell's.

Quote Originally Posted by DUPanther View Post
    Truman's non-con if probably even tougher than Jewell's.
    I'm glad to see them challenge themselves in the noncon again this year. Lost only Fischer and bring back everyone else (plus Pesic who was out all last year with an ACL). Also have a couple freshmen coming in that will vie for some bench minutes.

7. Default Re: Nonconference schedules 2018-19

Truman has potential make a run in the postseason if Coach Horner coaches as well as he played. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by crazznewt View Post
    Truman has potential make a run in the postseason if Coach Horner coaches as well as he played. IMO
    Truman should be the favorite in the West GLVC, with Drury a close second. I like Truman's coach 's pedigree, but he is the question mark for them. Still don't understand how they lost their coach to McKendree. Was their some untold story there, or were they just not willing to pay what Mckendree was offering?

Jewell should be good as well. West may be better than East this year. Are we back to two divisions?

Still don't understand how they lost their coach to McKendree. Was their some untold story there, or were they just not willing to pay what Mckendree was offering?
    All about the $$$ from what I understand. My guess is that Truman couldn't match the salary since they just cut wrestling and men's tennis due to statewide budget issues for public higher ed institutions. It probably would not have been a good look to cut sports and then give a sizable increase in salary to the MBB coach.

10. Default Re: Nonconference schedules 2018-19

Truman should be the favorite in the West GLVC, with Drury a close second. I like Truman's coach 's pedigree, but he is the question mark for them. Still don't understand how they lost their coach to McKendree. Was their some untold story there, or were they just not willing to pay what Mckendree was offering?

Jewell should be good as well. West may be better than East this year. Are we back to two divisions?
    Drury and Truman talent level seem to be be even on paper. However, Drury still has their coach and he is very good.

11. Default Re: Nonconference schedules 2018-19

Both teams should be very good with players coming back,where does Mckendree stack up with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rgerling View Post
    Both teams should be very good with players coming back,where does Mckendree stack up with them?
    McKendree's go ten players coming back but the addition of Foster as coach is the key. He will make them 5 or 6 wins better on his own.

Update: Oakland City adds 5th NCAAII game to schedule - at Southern Indiana

I hope they play well in Hawaii so this game does not hurt our numbers too badly.

Funny...Rod won't agree to a contract for games against a completely rebuilding KWC, which would result in a good gate for the home team, and bragging rights since chances are we'd probably be a pushover, but he'll play OCU.

Coach Cooper has stated that he's been trying very hard to get terms worked out for a series against USI like that we've entered into with Bellarmine but that they "haven't been able to come together on terms". Meaning, of course, Rod won't do it. Or, more likely, he won't come to the Sportscenter.

15. Default Re: Nonconference schedules 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by kdubnation View Post
    Funny...Rod won't agree to a contract for games against a completely rebuilding KWC, which would result in a good gate for the home team, and bragging rights since chances are we'd probably be a pushover, but he'll play OCU.

Coach Cooper has stated that he's been trying very hard to get terms worked out for a series against USI like that we've entered into with Bellarmine but that they "haven't been able to come together on terms". Meaning, of course, Rod won't do it. Or, more likely, he won't come to the Sportscenter.
    That’s exactly it plus there’s a chance in the future he’d could possibly lose a game and that would be detrimental to his winning percentage.

We need Wods azz outta here and Todd Franklins in! He would play anybody anytime anywhere and hand out a bunch whoopins in the process

17. Default Re: Nonconference schedules 2018-19

Hasn't KWC played OCU multiple times over the last few years?

18. Default Re: Nonconference schedules 2018-19

He doesn’t want to take the slightest chance to mess up god win %. He’s not a man!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWhip View Post
    Hasn't KWC played OCU multiple times over the last few years?
    Yes, and I wasn't all that happy about it, however that was when the G-MAC was not "full" in terms of conference schedule and we needed more non-conference games than most teams. And, the other D2 team that close to us refused to play us, so we have a pretty solid excuse.

20. Default Re: Nonconference schedules 2018-19

KWC historical record versus OKC 45-3; USI versus OKC 34-10...both KWC & USI have a history of playing the Oaks. Like you, I wish that our two schools would play again.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast