Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Edinboro, Grand Valley to play in 2019, 2020 and 2021

Blog Entries
    Contribute to D2

Default Re: Edinboro, Grand Valley to play in 2019, 2020 and 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Burglund View Post
    That takes some guts on EU's part. Though GVSU has been down a bit recently, adding a school of that caliber to a schedule the already has IUP, SRU,CALU and likely SHEP , will almost guarantee 2-4 loses no matter who else is on the remaining 6-7 games. Unless something radical has happened that we're unaware of, this doesn't seem like the smartest move. Time will tell.

Edinboro goes 0-3 in those games.

Hope they are being paid well.

I'm sure they are being paid fairly well and guess what if Coach Bradford believes he needs to challenge his team early in the season to be ready to take on Cal, IUP, Rock in division play why not play the best rather than play a cupcake game. I rather see them play and compete against a beast like GVSU than take a SOS hit blowing out Cheyney or Millersville. As the old saying goes to be the best you have to beat the best.

Quote Originally Posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
    I'm sure they are being paid fairly well and guess what if Coach Bradford believes he needs to challenge his team early in the season to be ready to take on Cal, IUP, Rock in division play why not play the best rather than play a cupcake game. I rather see them play and compete against a beast like GVSU than take a SOS hit blowing out Cheyney or Millersville. As the old saying goes to be the best you have to beat the best.
    ... and just don't leave in body bags.

7. Default Re: Edinboro, Grand Valley to play in 2019, 2020 and 2021

Probably the best money game you can get nowadays with the 1AA's playing up for the most part. No more YSU vs the PSAC.
    Last edited by EdinboroFB; 06-06-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    Probably the best money game you can get nowadays with the 1AA's playing up for the most part. No more YSU vs the PSAC.
    You'll probably also play in front of more people. They averaged 13,432 per home game.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Hope they are being paid well.
    I heard there is some good money involved. It's a big recruiting win. Playing in front of 13,000-14,000 at GVSU versus playing in front of 1,200 at Kentucky State. Which is more appealing?

Might be a rather weak GV team in 2019. They'll be replacing 4-year starters at both QB and RB in 2019, so who knows what they will look like.

GV doesn't rebuild, they restock. Edinboro can recruit out of this world and still not compete against that team. Edinboro doesn't have the resources.

12. Default Re: Edinboro, Grand Valley to play in 2019, 2020 and 2021

Edinboro is also going to be losing 15-20 seniors this year...a lot of which will start. With a 9 guy recruiting class and a few of those being 2 year guys. Probably a bad time to put GV on the schedule on top of the tougher crossover games. Kutz and Bloom in 18' and 19'. I don't think getting pounded in front of 13k is good for much.. especially if you might be struggling for wins at all in the next few years. I'd take a Lake Erie type win. If they could make a Bill Snyder type schedule and start 4-0 I'd go with that.

Take the money and run. I don't know about recruiting. Most high school players on the East coast have never heard of GVSU.

Money is what you need for recruiting. This helps.

Will Grand Valley be sending their jets to Erie to
    Pick them up?

So GV still won’t play IUP eh?

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
    Thanks for the comments.
    This looks like a nice opponent for GV. The Scots look like they've been improving as of late. Here's hoping that trend continues. Hope to see some of you at Lubbers in '19. A few of us will be making the treck to "Scots" land in'20.

17. Default Re: Edinboro, Grand Valley to play in 2019, 2020 and 2021

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Edinboro goes 0-3 in those games.
    At least Custer only had to play at the Little Big Horn once. Goodness!

-

Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    Will Grand Valley be sending their jets to Erie to
    Pick them up?

So GV still won’t play IUP eh?
    Unless you can verify that you have been banging on our door relentlessly for years and we have consistently told you "no", this statement makes zero sense. I have little doubt that we would be happy to play you.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishlaker View Post
    Unless you can verify that you have been banging on our door relentlessly for years and we have consistently told you "no", this statement makes zero sense. I have little doubt that we would be happy to play you.
    Grand Valley stopped playing IUP after their record reached 0-6 against us. Then you got the one big win in the last meeting.

Did Edinboro relentlessly pursue this series? IUP is playing Ashland...so it's not like they are afraid to play with the big boys of the GLIAC. Grand Valley could have swooped in and challenge IUP to a three year series (two in Indiana and one in Rubbers Stadium of course)...but they didn't.

The article stats that it's hard for GV to find teams non conference to play them. IUP had nobody set up past this year with Ashland. So IUP was available.

They article states GV wants to play the best nationally. Edinboro hasn't even been the best in the PSAC West in well over a decade.

I just think it's interesting that GV didn't try to restart the IUP rivalry of the 1990's (albeit it was all one sided with IUP winning every game).

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    Grand Valley stopped playing IUP after their record reached 0-6 against us. Then you got the one big win in the last meeting.

Did Edinboro relentlessly pursue this series? IUP is playing Ashland...so it's not like they are afraid to play with the big boys of the GLIAC. Grand Valley could have swooped in and challenge IUP to a three year series (two in Indiana and one in Rubbers Stadium of course)...but they didn't.

The article stats that it's hard for GV to find teams non conference to play them. IUP had nobody set up past this year with Ashland. So IUP was available.

They article states GV wants to play the best nationally. Edinboro hasn't even been the best in the PSAC West in well over a decade.

I just think it's interesting that GV didn't try to restart the IUP rivalry of the 1990's (albeit it was all one sided with IUP winning every game).
    I sincerely doubt that GV DIDN'T try to restart it. Do you have true firsthand knowledge that it's the case or is is conjecture based upon open dates and past opponents? Reality isn't always perception. Perception is many a time ones lazy reality. Perception may be ones reality, but many a times isn't everyone's.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast