Contribute to D2

Default Summer Updates Anyone?

Anyone have any summer updates?

Default Re: Summer Updates Anyone?

Just waiting for first week of August when the roster is posted

3. Default Re: Summer Updates Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
    Anyone have any summer updates?
    Good afternoon everyone im new to the board.. I was a member before when my son played at snu.. he's now transferred to SAU to play RB.. I wish him luck and im sure the SAU fans will like to watch him play.

Quote Originally Posted by renzo27 View Post
    Good afternoon everyone im new to the board.. I was a member before when my son played at snu.. he's now transferred to SAU to play RB.. I wish him luck and im sure the SAU fans will like to watch him play.
    Love to see a new Mulerider! SAU has had some decent RB's in the past, but I hope he can usher in something new! We really need a strong running game to go along with the passing attack.

5. Default Re: Summer Updates Anyone?

Love to see a new Mulerider! SAU has had some decent RB's in the past, but I hope he can usher in something new! We really need a strong running game to go along with the passing attack.
    thank you.. he's definitely putting in the summer work now. lol I hope as well. But I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised

6. Default Re: Summer Updates Anyone?

also by the way that restaurant that he took me and his mom too after scrimmage was one of the best burgers iv'e ever eaten

7. Default Re: Summer Updates Anyone?

also by the way that restaurant that he took me and his mom too after scrimmage was one of the best burgers iv'e ever eaten
    There is nothing like a mule burger in this world. I hear it even beats the bison burger.

Well... I do plan on manning the GAC pickem again this year!!

Flying Burger is sure good.

Quote Originally Posted by bandguy11 View Post
    Well... I do plan on manning the GAC pickem again this year!!
    bandguy11, I think you are the guy in charge of the band program at SAU.

bandguy11, I think you are the guy in charge of the band program at SAU.
    Lol thank you! But mr j.p. Wilson gets that honor!! They always put on a great halftime show!! I’m just an alumni of the band program!!

Ahh gotcha, I figured you were JP Wilson! Haha! Glad to see another fellow Mulerider on the forum.

13. Default Re: Summer Updates Anyone?

2 more months till kickoff can't wait

Reddies will play SAU in El Dorado. I really wished this game was not on the Reddies schedule for 2018, but it will AGAIN be played there for the Murphy USA Classic.

I can't remember when we were at the SAU campus. 2012 I think.

It's a good game though! I believe each team gets like 10,000 a piece to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by Redready View Post
    Reddies will play SAU in El Dorado. I really wished this game was not on the Reddies schedule for 2018, but it will AGAIN be played there for the Murphy USA Classic.

I can't remember when we were at the SAU campus. 2012 I think.
    Red, although that may be true, a “neutral” game might be in your favor!! Better than playing at the home turf!! It’s an amazing atmosphere in magnolia but el dorado has become a 2nd home!! Murphy Usa has a lot of influence in south Arkansas!!

Quote Originally Posted by bandguy11 View Post
    Red, although that may be true, a “neutral” game might be in your favor!! Better than playing at the home turf!! It’s an amazing atmosphere in magnolia but el dorado has become a 2nd home!! Murphy Usa has a lot of influence in south Arkansas!!
    You mean better than playing on our home turf. That is where the struggles have been since 2014. I liked the stadium in Magnolia. I just think a few other teams should play the game there. You know the rival between SAU and UAM would always be a good game in El Dorado IMO. Also OBU is across the street from us and the travel would be the same.

You mean better than playing on our home turf. That is where the struggles have been since 2014. I liked the stadium in Magnolia. I just think a few other teams should play the game there. You know the rival between SAU and UAM would always be a good game in El Dorado IMO. Also OBU is across the street from us and the travel would be the same.
    OBU has played in the past. SAU will now on always play down there. Henderson and Tech played there a few years back and it was a failure. One of the lowest attendances recorded. I believe UAM has played in the past. Harding has as well. UAM actually would travel less. But they do have the option to decline if offered. Murphy USA also wants a team that will travel well on the road. Henderson and OBU always travel well.

Yes, but the uam game won’t probably be played there again because of the traveling trophy! Murphy classic has its own trophy as you know so that might play into it as well!! Also Murphy USA is a sponsor to SAU so that’s probably why SAU is picked with the fact also SAU is only 30 minutes from el dorado!! I’ve personally never been a fan of neutral sites as the “home” team since it takes the atmosphere away, although our atmosphere does travel well!!

OBU has played in the past. SAU will now on always play down there. Henderson and Tech played there a few years back and it was a failure. One of the lowest attendances recorded. I believe UAM has played in the past. Harding has as well. UAM actually would travel less. But they do have the option to decline if offered. Murphy USA also wants a team that will travel well on the road. Henderson and OBU always travel well.
    You are correct!! All the Arkansas teams have played at least once in el dorado! The Oklahoma teams won’t play because of travel time/costs, etc... although all of them do eventually have to make the longest road trip to Monticello!! So... anyways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast