Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Best Players On Your Team 2018

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,998
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    14616

    Default Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Well, summer is upon us. Now we wait several months for football to start.....(my mourning season)....

    In the mean time we can learn some more about players that will be dazzling us in 2018.

    Who do you think will be the stand out players for your school? List two offensive & two defensive players on your squad that you believe will have the most impact in the 2018 season.

  2. Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Well, summer is upon us. Now we wait several months for football to start.....(my mourning season)....

    In the mean time we can learn some more about players that will be dazzling us in 2018.

    Who do you think will be the stand out players for your school? List two offensive & two defensive players on your squad that you believe will have the most impact in the 2018 season.
    My guess for TAMUC:

    The system is set up for the QB but I expect EJ Thompson to be a breakout guy at RB and a stand out in the conference. My 2nd is Hobbs at TE.

    On defense our guys swap so much that they end up sacrificing individual stats. But... my guess is Brucks Saathoff and Chris Smith will make the most splashy plays.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    2,223
    Rep Power
    36803

    Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Well, summer is upon us. Now we wait several months for football to start.....(my mourning season)....

    In the mean time we can learn some more about players that will be dazzling us in 2018.

    Who do you think will be the stand out players for your school? List two offensive & two defensive players on your squad that you believe will have the most impact in the 2018 season.
    Defense, I'm going with Justin Jackson and Bright Ihegworo. Both of them last year were at times unstoppable. On Offense, all of this will depend on who we have playing QB and what kind of results we get there. But I think Keke Chism is set to break out on the outside taking over fulltime for Dono.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wall, TX
    Posts
    9,802
    Rep Power
    4203

    Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    Defense, I'm going with Justin Jackson and Bright Ihegworo. Both of them last year were at times unstoppable. On Offense, all of this will depend on who we have playing QB and what kind of results we get there. But I think Keke Chism is set to break out on the outside taking over fulltime for Dono.
    You forgot Markus Jones. Leddy French and Hunter Kyle have impact player potential after respectable RSFr season.

    Will Ben Theil be back. He had a sub par track season. I am not all that sure how a ruptured tendon in the hand can impact track speed but apparently it did. He still has two semesters of football eligibility left.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    50323

    Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Midwestern St:

    Offense: Adrian Seales - RB, Layton Rabb and Hagen Hutchison - QBs, Vincent Johnson - RB, AJ Roland - OL, Kevin Fischer - OL,

    Defense: Sir'Vell Ford - S, Michael Nash - DT, Alec DiValerio - DE, Jacob Sherrill - LB, Josh Wydermyer - DB

    Midwestern fans have a lot to be excited about in 2018.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,998
    Rep Power
    14616

    Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    Defense, I'm going with Justin Jackson and Bright Ihegworo. Both of them last year were at times unstoppable. On Offense, all of this will depend on who we have playing QB and what kind of results we get there. But I think Keke Chism is set to break out on the outside taking over fulltime for Dono.
    I would keep an eye on Nathan and Ayo.

    Defensively, Jackson is good....but watch Jones....he will be a nightmare for QBs.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,998
    Rep Power
    14616

    Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    The word on the street is that the Rams have signed a blue-chip caliber immediate impact player that's supposed to be on campus after the 4th.

    Any more info available or is it supposed to stay hush-hush?

    If true, won't this be two "surprise" players signed since NLI day?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wall, TX
    Posts
    9,802
    Rep Power
    4203

    Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    The word on the street is that the Rams have signed a blue-chip caliber immediate impact player that's supposed to be on campus after the 4th.

    Any more info available or is it supposed to stay hush-hush?

    If true, won't this be two "surprise" players signed since NLI day?
    So who was the first "surprise" surprise player signed.

    Rarely does ASU say a lot about summer transfer players before fall camp.

  9. Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    So who was the first "surprise" surprise player signed.

    Rarely does ASU say a lot about summer transfer players before fall camp.
    Calvin Jenkins?
    Lloyd Howard?
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canyon, TX
    Posts
    942
    Rep Power
    12147

    Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Offense - Travis Vornkahl and Duke Carter

    Defense - Eric Collins and Isaiah Barnett

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,998
    Rep Power
    14616

    Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    So who was the first "surprise" surprise player signed.

    Rarely does ASU say a lot about summer transfer players before fall camp.
    I know, hence my inquiry.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Posts
    5,825
    Rep Power
    285632

    Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Defense: Caleb Valentine, DeVonte Williams
    Offense: Nick Pelrean, Ty Chisum
    We must love our children more than we hate our enemies.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    The word on the street is that the Rams have signed a blue-chip caliber immediate impact player that's supposed to be on campus after the 4th.

    Any more info available or is it supposed to stay hush-hush?

    If true, won't this be two "surprise" players signed since NLI day?
    Is it a QB?

  14. Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    ENMU

    Offense- Wyatt Strand JR. QB (Started since frosh year). Tayshaun Gary-RB, Johny Smith-RB, Mister Birdo-OL
    Defense- Brad Hardin (2 x 1st Team All-LSC Lber). Todd Countee-Safety, Dante Urea-Safety, Charles Countee-Corner

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wall, TX
    Posts
    9,802
    Rep Power
    4203

    Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Is it a QB?
    I keep wondering if QB is really the issue. I thought grossly stupid actions/inactions were the biggest problem last year. At the spring game I thought the Fr from Houston was the most promising. Austin Tracy or Tracy Austin (whichever the heck it is) looked good.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,998
    Rep Power
    14616

    Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    I keep wondering if QB is really the issue. I thought grossly stupid actions/inactions were the biggest problem last year. At the spring game I thought the Fr from Houston was the most promising. Austin Tracy or Tracy Austin (whichever the heck it is) looked good.
    By players or coaches?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    I keep wondering if QB is really the issue. I thought grossly stupid actions/inactions were the biggest problem last year. At the spring game I thought the Fr from Houston was the most promising. Austin Tracy or Tracy Austin (whichever the heck it is) looked good.
    I agree but I'm biased because I know the Bronkhorst kids father who is a TXHSFB Coach. I think he showed the most upside during the Spring Game and for a Freshman had good control of the offense. Biggest thing is that he took care of the ball and didn't turn it over.

  18. Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Offense RB Xavier Turner
    Defense DL Tyrell Thompson

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wall, TX
    Posts
    9,802
    Rep Power
    4203

    Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    By players or coaches?
    Players but that is reflection on the coaches. IMO winning coaches teach how to handle unusual situations.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,998
    Rep Power
    14616

    Default Re: Best Players On Your Team 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    Players but that is reflection on the coaches. IMO winning coaches teach how to handle unusual situations.
    I absolutely agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •