Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shepherd

Contribute to D2

Default Shepherd

Saw it on the Twitter: its official. Shepherd joining in 2019.

Default Re: Shepherd

Awesome

What are all those poor East schools gonna do now with a mostly-fully-funded program in their division? I can hear it already. All the 'walk-ons' at WCU (wink) will have a heart attack.

This is best for business. Brings legitimacy to the conference with a national brand program.

I said months back when this surfaced as potentially possible that fans of the stronger and blue blood programs in the conference should accept and welcome the fact that it won’t be as easy to make the postseason now. That said, it’s going to make the football better in the PSAC, thus giving this conference a better shot at winning something in December.

I’m excited for the future of the PSAC. I’m also excited to make a trip to Shepardstown for an IUP game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    This is best for business. Brings legitimacy to the conference with a national brand program.

I said months back when this surfaced as potentially possible that fans of the stronger and blue blood programs in the conference should accept and welcome the fact that it won’t be as easy to make the postseason now. That said, it’s going to make the football better in the PSAC, thus giving this conference a better shot at winning something in December.

I’m excited for the future of the PSAC. I’m also excited to make a trip to Shepardstown for an IUP game.

Welcome Shepherd University to the PSAC.

Now this is an upgrade.

Default Shepherd

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post

Uh hello IUP is a national brand program again.

What this does is make the PSAC the overwhelming power conference in Region 1. The GMAC and The MEC might want to discuss a merger.

I mean we could end up getting 5 playoff slots come 2019.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 06-01-2018 at 06:03 PM.

7. Default Re: Shepherd

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    What are all those poor East schools gonna do now with a mostly-fully-funded program in their division?
    This is probably an inside joke, but 20-22 'ships is not "mostly-fully-funded." Although, with all of the money they'll save on travel, maybe they can get a hot air balloon like Millersville. Do they still have that?

Earned access to return to SR1

Need some West doormats to step up now. The East just added a monster.

Why has nothing been officially released by Shepherd or the PSAC?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Boys View Post
    Why has nothing been officially released by Shepherd or the PSAC?
    They probably weren't planning to announce it today. I'm sure they'll have a press conference or something. Sounds like someone tipped the press today and the MEC had their press release ready to go right after the tipped news broke.

This has the appearance of an ugly breakup. In addition to UVA-Wise receiving a thank you in the MEC press release, they were given the courtesy of announcing the news themselves first. Shepherd did not get the same thank you and the MEC did not afford the same timing courtesy.

Those are noticeable differences.
    Last edited by Stea1th; 06-01-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stea1th View Post
    They probably weren't planning to announce it today. I'm sure they'll have a press conference or something. Sounds like someone tipped the press today and the MEC had their press release ready to go right after the tipped news broke.

This has the appearance of an ugly breakup. In addition to UVA-Wise receiving a thank you in the MEC press release, they were given the courtesy of announcing the news themselves first. Shepherd did not get the same thank you and the MEC did not afford the same timing courtesy.

Those are noticeable differences.
    I'm not doubting the move is happening. It is starting to look like the MEC is not happy and they've given the appearance of "accidentally hitting the send button" on their press release.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Ridge View Post
    This is probably an inside joke, but 20-22 'ships is not "mostly-fully-funded." Although, with all of the money they'll save on travel, maybe they can get a hot air balloon like Millersville. Do they still have that?
    Compared to the average scholarship levels in the PSAC East, which might barely be at 10, if that, 20-to-22 scholarships might as well fully funded to West Chester, Bloomsburg, et al.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Ridge View Post

No but I remember it!

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Need some West doormats to step up now. The East just added a monster.

I’d say both divisions are equal on bottom feeders. The East just got a school that can tango with the best of the West.

I’ve neglected to look at future schedules. Who does Shepard play in crossover early on in their PSAC life? Typically that stuff is scheduled out a few years in advance.

I answered my own question. It appears Mercyhurst and Seton Hill.

So we traded in Cheyney and got a shiny new Shepherd. What a coup for the PSAC!

I do wish they were in the West, though.

Now everybody has to learn how to spell it.

Great addition in so many ways -- much more than just football. The PSAC just added a tremendous college town and fan base. Hopefully PSAC fans can see what they do in Sheperdstown and it rubs off.

But there is no denying a national-level football program was just added to replace Cheyney.

I'm sure some East coaches are a little queasy about having to play the Rams yearly.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast