Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GLVC admits SBU

Default GLVC admits SBU

http://sbubearcats.com/news/2018/5/3...me-member.aspx

Benedictine out of Chicago is almost assuredly up next.

2. Default Re: GLVC admits SBU

The GLVC is a train wreck. USI needs to look at GMAC, GLIAC or one of the leagues in West Virginia or Tennessee. The GLVC loses UW Parkside and adds a school like Southwest Baptist. No wonder GLVC basketball is a wreck.

Default Re: GLVC admits SBU

Quote Originally Posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
    The GLVC is a train wreck. USI needs to look at GMAC, GLIAC or one of the leagues in West Virginia or Tennessee. The GLVC loses UW Parkside and adds a school like Southwest Baptist. No wonder GLVC basketball is a wreck.
    Oh my..lol. 20 win seasons for men’s bball keep getting easier. Why would they want to leave glvc when it’s only getting easier to win conference games? They can’t win NCAA postseason games as it is, why would they want tougher conference competition?

4. Default Re: GLVC admits SBU

How is Stan's snack business doing?

SBU is in the WESTERN Great Lakes Valley, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    SBU is in the WESTERN Great Lakes Valley, isn't it?
    Not that I agree with the USI posters on SBU (I really don't know their recent history), but I think that even if SBU goes into the West division, the loss of UWP who has been (except for this past season**) one of the powerhouses of the East, means that a weaker team will be put into USI's division (although I am not sure how the GLVC will be divided up yet.)

**Although UWP may have determined the national champion by their upset of BU, which may have caused BU to lose the No.1 seed in the regional and thus possibly the regional championship and national championship.

SBU has had some good teams. It wasn't that long ago they beat D1 Utah State on their floor and regularly won or challenged for MIAA championships. They got as high as number 3 in the nation one season. They even have had NBA scouts at their games.
    They have fallen on hard times recently, but that doesnt mean they will always suck like Missouri S & T.
    People complained about Loyola Chicago being accepted into the Missouri Valley and Loyola proved them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    Not that I agree with the USI posters on SBU (I really don't know their recent history), but I think that even if SBU goes into the West division, the loss of UWP who has been (except for this past season**) one of the powerhouses of the East, means that a weaker team will be put into USI's division (although I am not sure how the GLVC will be divided up yet.)

**Although UWP may have determined the national champion by their upset of BU, which may have caused BU to lose the No.1 seed in the regional and thus possibly the regional championship and national championship.
    Anticipated 2019-2020 GLVC

East
    Bellarmine
    Indy
    USI
    UIS
    Lewis
    Benedictine
    Quincy
    McKendree

West
    Truman
    UMSL
    Maryville
    MO S&T
    Drury
    Rockhurst
    SBU
    William Jewell

9. Default Re: GLVC admits SBU

Their trend line is not favorable as they haven't been good in several years.

Quote Originally Posted by crazznewt View Post
    SBU has had some good teams. It wasn't that long ago they beat D1 Utah State on their floor and regularly won or challenged for MIAA championships. They got as high as number 3 in the nation one season. They even have had NBA scouts at their games.
    They have fallen on hard times recently, but that doesnt mean they will always suck like Missouri S & T.
    People complained about Loyola Chicago being accepted into the Missouri Valley and Loyola proved them wrong.

10. Default Re: GLVC admits SBU

Quote Originally Posted by bkingbroker View Post
    Their trend line is not favorable as they haven't been good in several years.
    Well that will give coaches good excuse if they lose to them. They can say that nba scouts at their games and beat Utah st.

11. Default Re: GLVC admits SBU

The piss parade continues.

12. Default Re: GLVC admits SBU

The piss parade continues.
    Been going on for ten years...one ncaa win is pathetic. But hey this might just maybe will be the year!

13. Default Re: GLVC admits SBU

I dont know how the repetitive negative talk helps anything. I could understand if someone who could do anything about it frequented this board. It would make a lot more sense to write to the campus newspaper editorial page.
    Complaining on this board thousands of times has not helped your cause.

14. Default Re: GLVC admits SBU

I dont know how the repetitive negative talk helps anything. I could understand if someone who could do anything about it frequented this board. It would make a lot more sense to write to the campus newspaper editorial page.
    And how do the thousands of positive comments help your cause...none. Maybe you should write the newspaper. I’ve given plenty of positive comments it just so happens there hasn’t been much positive lately. Perhaps this bothers you because you can’t accept the facts.

15. Default Re: GLVC admits SBU

Ah....you must not be aware of the prior censorship efforts at said University. Little surprised you aren't up on this given censorship is your thing.

16. Default Re: GLVC admits SBU

Not my thing sorry. Sorry you cant seem to grasp common sense on this issue.

17. Default Re: GLVC admits SBU

Quote Originally Posted by glvcpro View Post
    And how do the thousands of positive comments help your cause...none. Maybe you should write the newspaper. I’ve given plenty of positive comments it just so happens there hasn’t been much positive lately. Perhaps this bothers you because you can’t accept the facts.
    You're right, positivity is a waste of time..I dont know what has gotten into me.
    And you may be right that I cant accept the facts, maybe you should remind us a few thousand more times that your coach sucks.

18. Default Re: GLVC admits SBU

You're right, positivity is a waste of time..I dont know what has gotten into me.
    And you may be right that I cant accept the facts, maybe you should remind us a few thousand more times that your coach sucks.
    crazznewt...I agree with you. I'm back in Evansville and been over to see the USI softball national title trophy, bet none of these sad sacks who are on this board even mention USI won the national title. It's the same old Stan Gerard types that are not real USI fans. John Morris said the USI brass laughed when they heard that Gerard got banned from this board. Yes we all know Watson is a bad coach. But leave it be, he's here and we can only hope for the best. USI just had a fantastic spring of sports and not one word of positives from this group of sad sacks who only want to be negative.

19. Default Re: GLVC admits SBU

crazznewt...I agree with you. I'm back in Evansville and been over to see the USI softball national title trophy, bet none of these sad sacks who are on this board even mention USI won the national title. It's the same old Stan Gerard types that are not real USI fans. John Morris said the USI brass laughed when they heard that Gerard got banned from this board. Yes we all know Watson is a bad coach. But leave it be, he's here and we can only hope for the best. USI just had a fantastic spring of sports and not one word of positives from this group of sad sacks who only want to be negative.
    Excuse me, but I did congratulate both baseball and softball for the great season...that was my one positive comment for the month of May.

20. Default Re: GLVC admits SBU

Me thinks Crazznewt and Duluth are the same character. Both seem to have a lot of energy around the USI program. And both Bob Mueller every poster who they don't agree with.....but only pertaining to USI. Time to investigate Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by glvcpro View Post
    Excuse me, but I did congratulate both baseball and softball for the great season...that was my one positive comment for the month of May.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast