Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GVSU wins Presidents Cup

Contribute to D2

Default GVSU wins Presidents Cup

http://www.mlive.com/lakers/index.ss...rt_river_index

25th overall but not in a row...my bad but as Irish says its pretty darn good and proves that all the sports matter at GVSU!
    Last edited by champgymusa; 05-30-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Default Re: GVSU wins Presidents Cup

Quote Originally Posted by champgymusa View Post
    Pretty sure it's 25th overall, not in a row. Pretty damn groovy either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishlaker View Post
    Pretty sure it's 25th overall, not in a row. Pretty damn groovy either way.
    20th in a row. Close enough. lol

Pretty unreal that GVSU and Ferris have combined to win 39 of the 46 Presidents' Cups given out.

4. Default Re: GVSU wins Presidents Cup

Of course GRAND VALLEY won.

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by OhioDadGVSON View Post
    True, and can't take it for granted. Continued kudos to GV.

Is it because they recruit D1 Athletes?

GVSU should move up.

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

GVSU should move up.
    Can't move up when you're already on top.

GVSU should move up.
    Well they're going to GV, which is a D2 school, ergo, not D1 athletes.

9. Default Re: GVSU wins Presidents Cup

GVSU should move up.
    So it’s GV’s fault for being able to recruit better. Really!

So it’s GV’s fault for being able to recruit better. Really!
    Eh, don't worry RC is just jealous since he's out west. All that rain can make one's brain a bit soggy

11. Default Re: GVSU wins Presidents Cup

Congrats to GV. Looks like the women sports are a bulk of those points...also KleShreen saw your post on MLive about Wayne having way more enrollment than anyone else and thus should be better. Two things, 1) a large chuck of Wayne's enrollment is their Graduate programs just an FYI, and 2) Wayne has consistently been in the top 4 of the GLIAC President's Cup ranking in recent years.

I think the big difference between GV and other GLIAC schools competing is GV has had dominant Women's sports consistently over any others (Albeit Ashland W. Bball)....GV's women's track/cross country and GV women's soccer has been a hallmark of their entire athletic program since I can remember.

12. Default Re: GVSU wins Presidents Cup

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraWarrior View Post
    Congrats to GV. Looks like the women sports are a bulk of those points...also KleShreen saw your post on MLive about Wayne having way more enrollment than anyone else and thus should be better. Two things, 1) a large chuck of Wayne's enrollment is their Graduate programs just an FYI, and 2) Wayne has consistently been in the top 4 of the GLIAC President's Cup ranking in recent years.

I think the big difference between GV and other GLIAC schools competing is GV has had dominant Women's sports consistently over any others (Albeit Ashland W. Bball)....GV's women's track/cross country and GV women's soccer has been a hallmark of their entire athletic program since I can remember.
    Recruiting. Recruiting. Recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    Eh, don't worry RC is just jealous since he's out west. All that rain can make one's brain a bit soggy
    Nice try, but Montana has a lot less rain that WA. And even 2/3rds of WA is pretty dry.

Does GV offer a "Geography West of the Mississippi" class?

My point on recruits was what Kle posted above; if they go to GV, they are DII recruits.

Nice try, but Montana has a lot less rain that WA. And even 2/3rds of WA is pretty dry.

Does GV offer a "Geography West of the Mississippi" class?

My point on recruits was what Kle posted above; if they go to GV, they are DII recruits.
    Eh, Wash/Montana... what's the difference...out west.. LOL Ok, so then you must have sun poisoning then. Tough day back here in MI.. J/K Come on AUGUST!

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    Eh, Wash/Montana... what's the difference...out west.. LOL Ok, so then you must have sun poisoning then. Tough day back here in MI.. J/K Come on AUGUST!
    Michigan is God's country because he is the only one that would have it!

I miss the Sunday Night Chat. Yes, come on August!

Michigan is God's country because he is the only one that would have it!

I miss the Sunday Night Chat. Yes, come on August!
    Michigan is God's high five to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraWarrior View Post

I wasn't saying anything negative about Wayne. I just like to bring them up when people go on their uninformed soapboxes of "25k students playing against a bunch of small schools!" but nobody ever mentions anything about Wayne having even more students. And nobody complains about Wayne because Wayne isn't beating them at everything. Again, not a shot at Wayne, just a fact. If Wayne was winning 20 presidents' trophies in a row, everyone would be complaining about Wayne's enrollment and not mentioning GV having way more students than everyone else in the league as well. Just low-hanging fruit to pick and it is annoying when people get that lazy to bring up enrollment.

18. Default Re: GVSU wins Presidents Cup

Quote Originally Posted by KleShreen View Post
    I wasn't saying anything negative about Wayne. I just like to bring them up when people go on their uninformed soapboxes of "25k students playing against a bunch of small schools!" but nobody ever mentions anything about Wayne having even more students. And nobody complains about Wayne because Wayne isn't beating them at everything. Again, not a shot at Wayne, just a fact. If Wayne was winning 20 presidents' trophies in a row, everyone would be complaining about Wayne's enrollment and not mentioning GV having way more students than everyone else in the league as well. Just low-hanging fruit to pick and it is annoying when people get that lazy to bring up enrollment.
    Schools can decide to up there enrollments. Just excuses. If you recruit well you’ll reap the benefits. Just look at Ashland they only have 2,500 students and they do very well for themselves. EXCUSES.

Schools can decide to up there enrollments. Just excuses. If you recruit well you’ll reap the benefits. Just look at Ashland they only have 2,500 students and they do very well for themselves. EXCUSES.
    Schools generally would not decide what their enrollment numbers should be based upon athletics.

Schools generally would not decide what their enrollment numbers should be based upon athletics.
    athletics has nothing to do with enrollment numbers UNLESS you are suggesting that students want to go to schools that offer then alternative viewing enjoyment watching winning teams in various sports, that I can agree with - so maybe its enrollment has nothing to do with athletics instead of the other way as I previously stated, or maybe they are both wrong or both correct - I don't know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast