Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: PSAC West 2018-19

  1. #1

    Default PSAC West 2018-19

    Campuses are dead. The Message Board dog days are here.

    Any predictions on the West? IUP enters as the perhaps heavy favorite in Vegas although rosters aren't complete yet.

    June is typically when a lot of 'baggage' transfers emerge.

    My 'as of now' preseason ranking:

    1. IUP
    2. Slippery Rock
    3. California
    4. Mercyhurst
    5. Edinboro
    6. St. Thugs
    7. Clarion
    8. Seton Hill


    IUP gets SRU at home but plays at Ashland and at California. It's been quite some time since they've won at Adamson. The trip to Erie should be interesting. Hopefully the league jacks up security.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    2,507
    Rep Power
    31611

    Default Re: PSAC West 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Campuses are dead. The Message Board dog days are here.

    Any predictions on the West? IUP enters as the perhaps heavy favorite in Vegas although rosters aren't complete yet.

    June is typically when a lot of 'baggage' transfers emerge.

    My 'as of now' preseason ranking:

    1. IUP
    2. Slippery Rock
    3. California
    4. Mercyhurst
    5. Edinboro
    6. St. Thugs
    7. Clarion
    8. Seton Hill


    It's been quite some time since they've won at Adamson. .
    Adamson has been torture for C'HAWK fans. Last 5 games all winable but all loses by average of 5 pts...20-25. I have no sense of how this year will turn out but it feels like the toughest uphill grind of the DUNN era. I'll be very happy if the get out of @ODU, @KUTZ, @SHIP and BORO in CAL with a 3-1 record. Then the COAL BOWL in the evening of 9/29 will likely leave them in or out of the post season. Seems like a solid recruiting class and I'm still trying to get a read on this QB NOAH MITCHELL out of Euclid OH and Milford Academy. Time will tell

  3. #3

    Default Re: PSAC West 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Campuses are dead. The Message Board dog days are here.

    Any predictions on the West? IUP enters as the perhaps heavy favorite in Vegas although rosters aren't complete yet.

    June is typically when a lot of 'baggage' transfers emerge.

    My 'as of now' preseason ranking:

    1. IUP
    2. Slippery Rock
    3. California
    4. Mercyhurst
    5. Edinboro
    6. St. Thugs
    7. Clarion
    8. Seton Hill


    IUP gets SRU at home but plays at Ashland and at California. It's been quite some time since they've won at Adamson. The trip to Erie should be interesting. Hopefully the league jacks up security.

    ROCK's
    schedule is brutal @ Ship, @ IUP, @ Cal all playoff teams last year; 3 players in NFL camps and Mr. Sportscenter(Milly Raye) has no eligibility left. Where are the playmakers? Better chance to be 6-5 than finishing 2nd in West

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    3847

    Default Re: PSAC West 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Campuses are dead. The Message Board dog days are here.

    Any predictions on the West? IUP enters as the perhaps heavy favorite in Vegas although rosters aren't complete yet.

    June is typically when a lot of 'baggage' transfers emerge.

    My 'as of now' preseason ranking:

    1. IUP
    2. Slippery Rock
    3. California
    4. Mercyhurst
    5. Edinboro
    6. St. Thugs
    7. Clarion
    8. Seton Hill


    IUP gets SRU at home but plays at Ashland and at California. It's been quite some time since they've won at Adamson. The trip to Erie should be interesting. Hopefully the league jacks up security.
    This seems pretty accurate. Cal definitely has a tough schedule with ODU, Ship, and WC, and Kutztown can play tough. Add those games on top of IUP and SRU; that' the toughest schedule in the PSAC.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,519
    Rep Power
    70284

    Default Re: PSAC West 2018-19

    The PSAC West is like an 8 person cage match. Rarely does the winner come out unscathed. It makes for great BS on here and great football!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    West Lafayette, Ohio
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    20008

    Default Re: PSAC West 2018-19

    New to the message board and the PSAC. What is the history to the St. Thugs reference?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    766
    Rep Power
    7024

    Default Re: PSAC West 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by SRU 88 View Post

    ROCK's
    schedule is brutal @ Ship, @ IUP, @ Cal all playoff teams last year; 3 players in NFL camps and Mr. Sportscenter(Milly Raye) has no eligibility left. Where are the playmakers? Better chance to be 6-5 than finishing 2nd in West
    Where are the playmakers? That Eric Glover-Williams the Rock just picked up will be a huge playmaker this fall. And I think they have a good shot competing for the PSAC-West.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    2,507
    Rep Power
    31611

    Default Re: PSAC West 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by casey1017 View Post
    New to the message board and the PSAC. What is the history to the St. Thugs reference?
    GU and IUP have issues.

  9. #9

    Default Re: PSAC West 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    GU and IUP have issues.
    To say the least!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,187
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casey1017 View Post
    New to the message board and the PSAC. What is the history to the St. Thugs reference?

    Gannon is referred to as St. Thugnacious by IUP fans because they have a history of thug behavior on the field from their mouthy coach right on down the roster. They have had more than one on the field brawl with various PSAC teams. Last seasons brawl was with IUP. The year before was Edinboro.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    West Lafayette, Ohio
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    20008

    Default Re: PSAC West 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    Gannon is referred to as St. Thugnacious by IUP fans because they have a history of thug behavior on the field from their mouthy coach right on down the roster. They have had more than one on the field brawl with various PSAC teams. Last seasons brawl was with IUP. The year before was Edinboro.
    Thanks for the PSAC history lesson!

  12. #12

    Default Re: PSAC West 2018-19

    St. Thugs .... P.O.S.

    Coach = trash

    Players = trash

    Embarrassing to the whole conference

  13. #13

    Default Re: PSAC West 2018-19

    I'd say watch the film of the Gannon vs IUP game last year .... but you can't. It's not available on PSAC On Demand. Wonder why.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 05-29-2018 at 05:17 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,187
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casey1017 View Post
    Thanks for the PSAC history lesson!

    My pleasure.

    I forgot to add it was me who came up with the name.

  15. Default Re: PSAC West 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by casey1017 View Post
    New to the message board and the PSAC. What is the history to the St. Thugs reference?

    Also IUP is a helpless victim

  16. #16

    Default Re: PSAC West 2018-19

    St. Thugs has had three brawls in three years with three different programs. Probably not a coincidence.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,519
    Rep Power
    70284

    Default Re: PSAC West 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    St. Thugs has had three brawls in three years with three different programs. Probably not a coincidence.
    Who is the third? I only recall Edinboro in 2016 and IUP in 2017. Also, remember that IUP for a long time held a reputation that they didn't play like choir boys. If there was a PSAC record for personal fouls IUP would have a wide lead.

  18. Default Re: PSAC West 2018-19

    I would leave the highest opinions to those who were players on the field more recently or staff rather than the outside in point of view on which teams are known for less than ideal ethics or behavior while playing the game. I think we have a strong presence of recent players that had a lot of experience in the PSAC that area readily available on this message board.

    Any insight?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    4,657
    Rep Power
    24070

    Default Re: PSAC West 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by D2EquipmentManager View Post
    I would leave the highest opinions to those who were players on the field more recently or staff rather than the outside in point of view on which teams are known for less than ideal ethics or behavior while playing the game. I think we have a strong presence of recent players that had a lot of experience in the PSAC that area readily available on this message board.

    Any insight?
    Here comes the defense of Gannon.

  20. Default Re: PSAC West 2018-19

    I can only speak for my experiences and never had a time where a game with Gannon left me thinking that the players or coaches met the criteria that is being explained above.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •