Thread: Chadron State Stadium Renovation

Contribute to D2

Default Chadron State Stadium Renovation

Here are some pictures of Chadron State Stadium renovation.

EDIT:

For some reason, I am unable to post pictures right now. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong. I am trying to use the "insert image" feature in the above toolbox, it prompts me to paste in a url with an accepted file type of jpeg. I have jpeg images, if I paste that image into that box, its not working.

If someone can tell me what I am doing (a mod, or anyone else who knows this stuff better than I do), I can hopefully get these images to work. I plan on adding to this thread throughout the summer as progress is made to the renovation.

Meanwhile, here is a link to an article dated yesterday on the progress of the renovation.

http://chadroneagles.com/news/2018/5...y-25-2018.aspx

Some notable things from that article:

Bleachers to begin taking shape in June, in mid-June, an 8 inch rock bed will be dug for the installation of the field turf, the scoreboard will arrive in the 3rd week of June, the new stadium lights will also be installed in June. It is expected that the lights will be in use for the season opener Sept 1st against Black Hills State, although a gametime has not been set yet.

Hopefully I'll find a way to get pictures uploaded here.
    Last edited by sportsvine; 05-26-2018 at 06:00 PM.

2. Default Re: Chadron State Stadium Renovation

Looks like it's going to be a nice stadium. The new Mines Stadium is pretty nice and sits right against the foothills.

Default Re: Chadron State Stadium Renovation

I uploaded those pics to my photobucket account and I think I may be able to share them this way.

http://s217.photobucket.com/user/spo...m%20Renovation

Quote Originally Posted by sportsvine View Post
    I uploaded those pics to my photobucket account and I think I may be able to share them this way.

http://s217.photobucket.com/user/spo...m%20Renovation
    Nice pics. How did the Spring Game go?

5. Default Re: Chadron State Stadium Renovation

The press box is looking huge. I am sure some of the space up there is for entertaining local sponsors and alumni, which is really important for small college sports nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmoney8 View Post
    Nice pics. How did the Spring Game go?
    They had the spring game on the college practice football field. It wasn't advertised much, but there was a followup writeup on how it went.

http://chadroneagles.com/news/2018/4...ring-game.aspx

7. Default Re: Chadron State Stadium Renovation

Quote Originally Posted by sportsvine View Post
    They had the spring game on the college practice football field. It wasn't advertised much, but there was a followup writeup on how it went.

http://chadroneagles.com/news/2018/4...ring-game.aspx
    It would be nice to see the players and the community rally around the new facilities and reclaim the conference crown like back in the Woodhead era... Their fans need to make some NOISE and make it a intimidating place to visit!

The New Stadium opening is going to be a big event here 6:30 game time first night college football game in Chadron in 30 or 40 years. I think Chadron will be primed to take back the RMAC crown within a couple of years.

Just took a trip to the Rock today. The stadium is going to very cool. I hope it's all done before the first game!

Quote Originally Posted by CSCPRIDE View Post
    Just took a trip to the Rock today. The stadium is going to very cool. I hope it's all done before the first game!
    Not much visual progress has been made since I started this thread. The field under-surface has been leveled, and looks like some gravel is about to be laid prior to the installation of field turf. The lights are also about to be erected. The press box and seating structure is going forward and the new seating structure has still not been installed as of yet. The giant scoreboard is being installed the last couple of days.

Still lots of work to be done over the next couple of months.

About a week and a half ago there was a deluge of nonstop rain for three or four days that set things back about a week. The site is hot and dry now.

12. Default Re: Chadron State Stadium Renovation

Quote Originally Posted by WalterCampFan View Post
    The press box is looking huge. I am sure some of the space up there is for entertaining local sponsors and alumni, which is really important for small college sports nowadays.
    Having suites is starting to catch on and is a way to make more money when you have boosters that would pay for that extra comfort when watching a game. Not sure if Chadron is doing suites, but I know U Mary in Bismarck and Minot St both added suites once they saw what Dickinson State did. (and Dickinson St is NAIA).

Here is a street view of Dickinson State's stadium. Lower level has 9 suites and upper level was built with 5 (with one of them being an extra big suite for the University President). Press/Coaches/Game officials are also on the upper level.
    https://goo.gl/maps/hhsdEgfqYJy

Granted, Dickinson (the town) is bigger than Chadron, but Chadron is D2 so you'd think they could sell some suites.

I like the score board also. That will add to the game day experience! Very cool

So are they gonna keep the cheap seats on the opposing team side? They were nice and close to the field.
    Sprinkles are for winners!

Quote Originally Posted by GWolf View Post
    So are they gonna keep the cheap seats on the opposing team side? They were nice and close to the field.
    I think there will be seats over there but a little bigger and a little more modern... I could be wrong but that's what I think I heard

Quote Originally Posted by CSCPRIDE View Post
    I think there will be seats over there but a little bigger and a little more modern... I could be wrong but that's what I think I heard
    I am not sure. Nothing has been done, as of today, to the visiting seats since renovations have begun. However, the field has been moved about 20 feet to the south, giving some more room on the opposing team's sideline. I figured one of the reasons for this would be to update the visiting seating section, but I could be wrong.

Going to field turf will be a huge unrealized disadvantage that Chadron will no longer have to deal with. Once BHSU went to turf the coaches had all day Thursday to recruit and scout. I know Chadron spent a lot of time painting that field! It was a great playing surface but turf is just the better way to go due to time constraints on a coaches time and no staff to paint it on campus!