Thread: Donate to keep this place running

Contribute to D2

Default Donate to keep this place running

All,

As you may or may not know, this forum along with d2football.com, are operated by a couple D2 football fans at their own expense. They support the expenses through donations.

Over the last year in particular, the costs to operate the site have begun to exceed donations.

This has resulted in a personal financial detriment on top of the extreme time commitment to the guys who operate the site. If you noticed, the site was actually shut down the other night as a result.

I believe it is unreasonable to expect the guys dedicating their time to have to pay money out of pocket.

So I strongly request that you click on the donate button, (http://www.d2messageboard.com/vbdonate.php?do=donate) and give what you can to help keep this site operational. If you do not, this service may no longer be available to us.

Thanks a lot for your consideration and I hope we can continue to discuss D2 football together.

Thanks,

Tim

Default Re: Donate to keep this place running

I think we should pay a subscription fee (and still donate if capable). Determine what it costs to run and set up a subscription fee. $5 a month or $39 a year. However the numbers shake out. I guess a lot of people want everything on the internet for free. It's gotta be a business, not a money-losing hobby.

300 hardcore guys willing to pay is better than 800 moochers. JMHO.

Maybe it's time for D2football to test the waters of a subscription fee. Hell, for all I know a subscription fee would be a killer. Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat06 View Post
    All,

As you may or may not know, this forum along with d2football.com, are operated by a couple D2 football fans at their own expense. They support the expenses through donations.

Over the last year in particular, the costs to operate the site have begun to exceed donations.

This has resulted in a personal financial detriment on top of the extreme time commitment to the guys who operate the site. If you noticed, the site was actually shut down the other night as a result.

I believe it is unreasonable to expect the guys dedicating their time to have to pay money out of pocket.

So I strongly request that you click on the donate button, (http://www.d2messageboard.com/vbdonate.php?do=donate) and give what you can to help keep this site operational. If you do not, this service may no longer be available to us.

Thanks a lot for your consideration and I hope we can continue to discuss D2 football together.

Thanks,

Tim
    Come on, MIAA!!!! Let's make this happen!!
    Give one large amount or smaller monthly payments.....whatever you can do will be appreciated!!!

#BlazerNation

I’ve been donating for several years but Brandon really needs our help this year. Please chip in to help keep this crucial site operational. I know I was lost without it while it was down.

Just ponied up what I can do for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I think we should pay a subscription fee (and still donate if capable). Determine what it costs to run and set up a subscription fee. $5 a month or $39 a year. However the numbers shake out. I guess a lot of people want everything on the internet for free. It's gotta be a business, not a money-losing hobby.

300 hardcore guys willing to pay is better than 800 moochers. JMHO.

Maybe it's time for D2football to test the waters of a subscription fee. Hell, for all I know a subscription fee would be a killer. Just wondering.
    Just donated for the first time...wasn't much but hope it helps. I'm not opposed to the above as long as it is reasonable. $1 a week or kind of thing...there are worse things a person could do with $52 a year.

Thanks guys. The response has been awesome. It is greatly appreciated. Thanks for relieving some of the pressure.

If you haven't been given the title and signature graphic let me know. I accidentally threw away my checklist and had to rebuild it so it could be wrong.

NWFanatic
    stubintner - RIP my friend
    WUKAT
    AFRICAT
    TommyLan
    GRIFFAN_Kyle@MoWest
    hudsoncat
    NWXCowboy
    GoCatsGo5

I wanted to thank a few more MIAA folks for their help. One of them is not a member of the board but is a great NW fan. The other is a member but never wants to be recognized for his generosity.

In addition, want to thank 1/2Mule1/2Bearcat and jimbo slice. Thanks a ton for helping to relieve some of the pressure.

Thanks to Robert. He just lurks and reads so most of you won't know who he is. Some of you might have met him at a Northwest game.

He made a contribution in Stu Bintner's name as well. It's his brother. It meant a lot to me that he knew Stu really liked the site and that we all liked him.

da_miner....

Wanted to thank you as well. I honestly got wrapped up in the emotion of missing my friend and forgot to include you in the previous post. Thank you so much.

I sent this over to the GAC board. I know a couple of those guys will give a little. I did as well. Can't let this go away.

If I can ask what's it cost to keep this place running? Last year was the first year was the first time I stumbled upon the message board and followed it. I would be willing to donate to it seems like a pretty cool place to talk football.

Just donated - and I agree that a subscription might be a great way to keep things going. Good luck!!

Thanks to chi1200, StlGorilla, and Thepeman. Thank you for the support. D2 fans are great people.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Thanks to chi1200, StlGorilla, and Thepeman. Thank you for the support. D2 fans are great people.
    Thank you, Brandon. Your work is greatly appreciated!

Honestly I dont think a subscription is the way to go. There are plenty of other routes. There are a gazillion forums around the web that are maintained and ran without charging fees. I’m interested in the numbers and how we can get this thing in the green without fees and subscriptions. P.s. I’ll send my donation soon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by reloadmvp View Post
    Honestly I dont think a subscription is the way to go. There are plenty of other routes. There are a gazillion forums around the web that are maintained and ran without charging fees. I’m interested in the numbers and how we can get this thing in the green without fees and subscriptions. P.s. I’ll send my donation soon lol.
    LOL? Whoa...did somebody steal Reload's profile? HaHaHaHaHaHa!

Want to thank my old friend slack81 as well as an unregistered user who has had a long-time influence on my life and thinking, even though he probably has no clue that he influenced me like he did.