Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Calu wbb '18-'19

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Calu wbb '18-'19

Cal women sure had their hands full with a very impressive Bloom team. Cal couldn’t put them away...The Huskies would always answer back. They were a well-coached team. I was surprised to see the Rock beat them today.

Got some depressing news from a good source about @CalUofPAWBB. Apparently LILLY RITZ has given in to freshman blues and transferred to WJU partly to be closer to her BF. Big loss as she was the tallest player on a team that, as has been discussed, lacks inside defense. Checked on website and she has been deleted. Really not surprised with the size of the incoming class.

[QUOTE=CALUPA69;2336746]Got some depressing news from a good source about @CalUofPAWBB. Apparently LILLY RITZ has given in to freshman blues and transferred to WJU partly to be closer to her BF. Big loss as she was the tallest player on a team that, as has been discussed, lacks inside defense. Checked on website and she has been deleted. Really not surprised with the size of the incoming class.[/QUOTE

Thats the way it is, I guess.

W vs SRU at home. Not much else to say. 4 players in double figures led by VALLECORSA with 22. Took 14 more shots and got THE ROCK in major foul trouble with PATTERSON fouling out and 3 other starters with 4 each leading to a 16 pt differential at the line. That was the game.On to LHU on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    W vs SRU at home. Not much else to say. 4 players in double figures led by VALLECORSA with 22. Took 14 more shots and got THE ROCK in major foul trouble with PATTERSON fouling out and 3 other starters with 4 each leading to a 16 pt differential at the line. That was the game.On to LHU on Saturday.
    Good gawd...what’s with shooting (and missing) so many 3-pointers? Yeesh!
    Also, I can’t believe they allowed SRU’s Hinderliter to drive the basket the entire game. She single-handidly took it to us.
    That can’t happen on their floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedoggie View Post
    Good gawd...what’s with shooting (and missing) so many 3-pointers? Yeesh!
    Also, I can’t believe they allowed SRU’s Hinderliter to drive the basket the entire game. She single-handidly took it to us.
    That can’t happen on their floor.
    Just around T'GIVING we discussed the weakness in pressuring the opponent's guards which, if you've heard JESS STROM speak, is the core of her defensive approach. It hasn't improved since then and the competition is much better. There may be incremental improvements but I wouldn't expect the shutdown D we've grown used to seeing. This may be the lull before Coach is able to get that exact mix of players. Similar to 12-13 and 13-14 were less than stellar years before 14-15. Still it looks possible that the VULCANS could be 15-1 before heading to IUP in 12 days so we really can't complain. Most programs can't dream of that record much less whine about less than stellar games. I think CALU WBB fans are definitely spoiled.
    Win at LHU was routine and ups the record to 13-1. Looking at PSAC WBB standings it stunning to notice that 13 of 17 teams in the league have overall records that are basically .500 or less. Only IUP, CALU, BORO and SHU have double digit wins halfway through the season. Haven't been following the other conferences in the region but I'm guessing only 2-3 PSAC teams seem likely to get to the regionals.1/19 BORO@IUP and 1/23 CALU@IUP should begin to sort things out.
    Last edited by CALUPA69; 01-13-2019 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Additional info

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234