Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KWC Football

Contribute to D2

Default Re: KWC Football

My Battlers beat your Panthers today, 51-7. I expected a pretty close game. Great job AB.
    Last edited by crixus; 11-10-2018 at 08:04 PM.
    Go Battlers!

Let's be classy. This was the Founder's Cup game. These two institutions weathered some tough times to get this conference where it is today. KWC was improved this year. It just didn't show today. Not that it matters, but I actually thought KWC might win coming in today.

Quote Originally Posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    Let's be classy. This was the Founder's Cup game. These two institutions weathered some tough times to get this conference where it is today. KWC was improved this year. It just didn't show today. Not that it matters, but I actually thought KWC might win coming in today.
    What? There was nothing un-classy with my post. But I went back and changed whooped to beat because you got all touchy about it. But I bet the folks at KWC aren't offended by the word whooped. The football season is over...on to basketball.
    Go Battlers!

I am not offended. I was surprised KWC won three games this season. The search is officially on for a New Football Head Coach, and I bet they bring in the best they can, or should. If they are going to spend money on anything, Wesleyan needs to spend money on the best football coach they can get. That program can generate money if they can get people out to Steele Stadium. I can be almost certain that next year's team will be better. Wesleyan has a short list now. Every program that needs a new head coach is going through this same situation. Wesleyan will name a new coach as soon as they sign him, probably. It would be nice to have a coach with a well known name in this region. A well known coach, in the southern Indiana and west Kentucky area, would generate more fans.

VERY GOOD HIRE! Craig Yeast is the best football coaching hire ever made at Kentucky Wesleyan! I am very impressed! He is a former University of Kentucky, NFL and CFL Player. He brings a wealth of knowledge to the program. He will do well. Coach Yeast will bring in players like KWC has never had before.

KWC Article Link: https://kwcpanthers.com/news/2018/12...-wesleyan.aspx

New KWC Head Football Coach Craig Yeast was introduced today in a press conference. What strikes me the most about Coach Yeast is his youthful appearance. He looks like he could still be playing college football and probably could. He is very articulate and seems to be the type of coach that is all about business. He is going to make sure this team is visible in Owensboro and the region. My guess is he will be recruiting the best players he can from Kentucky and with his name and connections he will bring in the best D2 players possible for the KWC football program. He also is going to have a disciplined team because his life is disciplined and he knows what it takes to win. He stated in no uncertain terms that his team will win. And within two to three years they will be winning. Here is a link to his press conference today. The actual introduction is almost twenty minutes in, so you will need to scroll the video to get to his intro.

KWC presser for Coach Yeast: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/k...reamType=video

Quote Originally Posted by alumnifan View Post
    New KWC Head Football Coach Craig Yeast was introduced today in a press conference. What strikes me the most about Coach Yeast is his youthful appearance. He looks like he could still be playing college football and probably could. He is very articulate and seems to be the type of coach that is all about business. He is going to make sure this team is visible in Owensboro and the region. My guess is he will be recruiting the best players he can from Kentucky and with his name and connections he will bring in the best D2 players possible for the KWC football program. He also is going to have a disciplined team because his life is disciplined and he knows what it takes to win. He stated in no uncertain terms that his team will win. And within two to three years they will be winning. Here is a link to his press conference today. The actual introduction is almost twenty minutes in, so you will need to scroll the video to get to his intro.

KWC presser for Coach Yeast: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/k...reamType=video
    Let's hope that everything goes great for him. I think they found a WINNER.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony33 View Post
    Let's hope that everything goes great for him. I think they found a WINNER.
    I think they did too. The team will be vastly different next season. They may have a winning season or they may not, but they will win in due time. Coach Yeast wants to compete for a G-MAC championship. I would venture to say that he is evaluating recruits and will start signing next semester. KWC has never had a coach like Craig Yeast.

It is hard to believe that I have been posting on this Board for almost 8 years. It will be nice if other KWC fans got excited about the football team and started posting as well.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 12-07-2018 at 12:54 AM.

I'm thinking about asking my son to transfer to KWC. They will be a special team, Coach has been a winner every where he went. Winners produce winners, especially when the coach is hungry. He'll be there for about 3 years and move up. You heard it here first. But the ground work will be laid for continued success.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony33 View Post
    They will be a special team, Coach has been a winner every where he went. Winners produce winners, especially when the coach is hungry. He'll be there for about 3 years and move up. You heard it here first. But the ground work will be laid for continued success.
    It is a good job. I don't know how you compare college football coaching jobs other than with money. I would like to see them be able to at least compete with good teams and be able to stay within a decent range of points when they play upper division programs, which they have played before with devastating results and should continue because of the payout and experience. Whether he only stays three years is not for me to say. It depends on his contract. There is not a lot of pressure at KWC. He could really put the program on the map in Kentucky, and that is what I hope he does. His priority should be to promote the college and the football program and he will. He has already said as much. There are only two NCAA Division II programs in Kentucky and KWC has the best in the state. That is a fact.

Eastern Kentucky got a ton of exposure when they were in Division II in Kentucky and were winning big. I am not saying KWC will ever be a program like the one EKU had. EKU had a lot more money to spend on their program because EKU is a state school.

I assume the coaching staff are at these particular areas recruiting.

Kentucky Wesleyan Football
    ‏ @kwc_football
    45m45 minutes ago

Panthers on the Prowl...
    @CraigYeast - Indy & Northern KY
    @CoachYoung41 - Grayson & Edmonson Co.
    @CoachDSutton & @MatthewAmburge2 - SWKY
    @CoachMills56 - Shelby Co. & Oldham Co.
    @BrowningAlfonzo - Louisville
    @OLCoach_Ack - Southern IN

#PawsUp #TheWesleyanWay
    0 replies 3 retweets 9 likes
    Last edited by alumnifan; 01-23-2019 at 08:32 AM.

I know this sounds crazy, but when a previous coach was early on in his tenure I messaged him and told him KWC would one day win a D2 National Championship in football. He really didn't know what to say.

If we are allowed to dream here, my dream for the athletic department is to produce a Kentucky Wesleyan football team that scares the snot out of other G-MAC teams. You can laugh now, but Craig Yeast is not laughing. A poster previously noted that he thought Craig Yeast would stay three years, which maybe his contract - IDK. However, if he could produce a team within three years that could compete (I know) for a national championship (I said compete, not win), would he be enticed to extend his contract in order to try and win one. I mean if he wants to really get the type of coaching job that is going to make him money, he is going to need to win big. It is just a thought and a dream.

13. Default Re: KWC Football

I would think the dream would first have a winning record against conference opponents.
    What is the best win in the last 10 years? LEC last year?

I don't know what their best win would be. I have been hoping for a new KWC football coach for a long time. This is Coach Yeast's first season.

I said "DREAM." Wesleyan will have a winning record against Conference opponents and it would not surprise me if it happens this season.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 02-22-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Lots of changes on the way at KWC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12