Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

  1. #1

    Default This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Mesa State
    CSU Pueblo
    Chadron State
    Colorado School of Mines
    Dixie
    Ft. Lewis
    Black Hills State
    South Dakota Tech
    Adams State
    Western State
    New Mexico Highlands

  2. #2

    Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Can you explain why you think Chadron State will do so well in your rankings? Also, what does Mesa have back this year?

  3. Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by pokefan View Post
    Can you explain why you think Chadron State will do so well in your rankings? Also, what does Mesa have back this year?
    He pulled this list out of his A$$. lol

  4. Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by pokefan View Post
    Can you explain why you think Chadron State will do so well in your rankings? Also, what does Mesa have back this year?
    I think you’ll see a lot more maturity at the QB position at Chardon State. If they can sustain some drives and play 4 WHOLE quarters of football, they’re as good as any team in this conference.

  5. Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by WalterCampFan View Post
    He pulled this list out of his A$$. lol
    Wally the only thing you pull out your @$$ is your stepbrothers road flare.Holla

  6. #6

    Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk in la junta View Post
    I think you’ll see a lot more maturity at the QB position at Chardon State. If they can sustain some drives and play 4 WHOLE quarters of football, they’re as good as any team in this conference.
    They are probably one more year away from getting back. They're going to continue to suffer from the two QB/no QB conundrum that plagued them in 2015 and 2016. It didn't affect them quite so much last year because one got hurt in preseason.

    They do have more playmakers on offense than they've had in recent years, but they have to replace 8 or 9 defensive starters too.

  7. Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    I find it laughable that there isn't any pre season predictions by ANYONE.. By the way are you a Carrol College grad?

  8. #8

    Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk in la junta View Post
    I find it laughable that there isn't any pre season predictions by ANYONE.. By the way are you a Carrol College grad?
    Rather wait til all the rosters are final in August, but here's a stab at it, just for giggles. Catawba College.

    CSUP, until further notice
    CMU, loses some key players
    FLC, my sleeper
    CSM, meh
    SDM, solid offensive core
    CSC, QB conundrum
    DSU, road schedule's a SOB
    NMHU, maybe wins a couple?
    WSCU, nowhere to go but up
    ASU, sneaky coaching change
    BHSU, replacing a lot on offense

  9. Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk in la junta View Post
    I think you’ll see a lot more maturity at the QB position at Chardon State. If they can sustain some drives and play 4 WHOLE quarters of football, they’re as good as any team in this conference.
    This is winning strategy for most teams.

  10. #10

    Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by pokefan View Post
    Also, what does Mesa have back this year?
    Did some pre-preseason scouting of rosters and last year's stats. They get Eyston Salum back at QB, along with a couple of his top targets. On D they have a pair of RMAC honorable mention DBs, and an honorable mention DT.

    Lost an All-RMAC RB (plus their #2 RB), 3 All-RMAC OL, 1 All-RMAC LB (did Saager run out of semesters, anyone?), plus the RMAC Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Year, Nelson and Moon. And DB Rivas who was an All-American.

    I'd be a little nervous about Salum having to do too much this year, behind a rebuilt O-line. But Mesa's been good enough for long enough to have stockpiled some young talent. There are a couple of redshirt RBs who were CO 5A First Teamers in 2016. One of them needs to take up where Tann left off if they're going to keep rolling.

  11. Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ccmoney8 View Post
    Rather wait til all the rosters are final in August, but here's a stab at it, just for giggles. Catawba College.

    CSUP, until further notice
    CMU, loses some key players
    FLC, my sleeper
    CSM, meh
    SDM, solid offensive core
    CSC, QB conundrum
    DSU, road schedule's a SOB
    NMHU, maybe wins a couple?
    WSCU, nowhere to go but up
    ASU, sneaky coaching change
    BHSU, replacing a lot on offense
    Pretty interesting, you have the nerds finishing 4th and 5th?? BSHU is too well coached to finish last in the RMAC, at least you had the courage to post your predictions....

  12. #12

    Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk in la junta View Post
    Pretty interesting, you have the nerds finishing 4th and 5th?? BSHU is too well coached to finish last in the RMAC, at least you had the courage to post your predictions....
    The Colorado Nerds could surprise you this year. They finally got a running game going last year. Now if they could just play better at the QB position. I guess I got too used to Dvorak. He was a hard one to follow. Missed a lot of receivers that Dvorak would have hit in stride.

  13. #13

    Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by togthorn View Post
    The Colorado Nerds could surprise you this year. They finally got a running game going last year. Now if they could just play better at the QB position. I guess I got too used to Dvorak. He was a hard one to follow. Missed a lot of receivers that Dvorak would have hit in stride.
    Mayberry and Oliver are All-American talent, don't get me wrong. Mayberry reminds me a lot of CSC's Clinton from a few years ago. Just a tough kid.

    I guess to me, this year is kind of a referendum on Mines HC. In both his HC jobs so far, he's either won with the other guys' (Urban and Stitt) players, or was very average. Even with a 1500 yard rusher, 2017 would've been a 6-5 season if not for two fumbles by Dixie in Mines territory in the 4th quarter at home. Last year he had a really young team though, so give him a mulligan. It's time to see what he's developed over four years, and how well he & that new stadium have recruited.

    So you're right, they could surprise me. In order to do that they need to fortify the right side of the line, where they graduated two All-RMAC OL, and a QB needs to step up.

  14. Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    I think Mayberry is a good running back and was a little surprised to see him named as a consensus all-American, but he is a good power back. My assumption is that Bernard McDondle will be the rushing leader for the RMAC next year if he returns for his final year of eligibility and if he can stay healthy. If Bernard can stay healthy it would not be improbable for him to have a 2,000 yard season.

  15. Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by WalterCampFan View Post
    I think Mayberry is a good running back and was a little surprised to see him named as a consensus all-American, but he is a good power back. My assumption is that Bernard McDondle will be the rushing leader for the RMAC next year if he returns for his final year of eligibility and if he can stay healthy. If Bernard can stay healthy it would not be improbable for him to have a 2,000 yard season.
    It was good to read about the other teams in the conference until you had to ruin it with that asanine propaganda..

  16. #16

    Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Just hope Mine's don't totally rely on the running game and at least get Oliver and Hoff into the game. We'll have to see if the graduate transfer qb from Indiana State can come through and get a potent passing attack going again. With Mine's it was always the passing game setting up the running game with what little they had. I think they will be a little better on the defensive side of the ball this year and if the defensive backs can learn to turn their heads and not get burned. I just don't like run, run, pass, punt.

  17. Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk in la junta View Post
    It was good to read about the other teams in the conference until you had to ruin it with that asanine propaganda..
    My assumption is that you got your A$$ kicked all the time in high school.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Pueblo, CO
    Posts
    385
    Rep Power
    2963

    Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by WalterCampFan View Post
    I think Mayberry is a good running back and was a little surprised to see him named as a consensus all-American, but he is a good power back. My assumption is that Bernard McDondle will be the rushing leader for the RMAC next year if he returns for his final year of eligibility and if he can stay healthy. If Bernard can stay healthy it would not be improbable for him to have a 2,000 yard season.
    With the changes that the Line coach made during the spring, all the CSUP running backs including Bernard McDondle will have a great season running the ball. I expect the offense to be run first as always but a 60/40 run/pass game is not out of the question with the Quarterbacks that have returned for the season. AJ looked great and his passing arm is stronger. Should be a great season for the Pack. Defense will be strong! Drunk in LaJunta needs to crawl back into his whiskey bottle!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Pueblo, CO
    Posts
    385
    Rep Power
    2963

    Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Heres my prediction;

    CSU Pueblo
    CMU
    CSM
    SDM
    Ft. Lewis
    CSC
    DSU
    BHSU
    Western
    ASU
    NMHU

  20. Default Re: This is how they’ll finish in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk in la junta View Post
    Mesa State
    CSU Pueblo
    Chadron State
    Colorado School of Mines
    Dixie
    Ft. Lewis
    Black Hills State
    South Dakota Tech
    Adams State
    Western State
    New Mexico Highlands
    Anyone in their right mind would think that NMHU would want to join up in the mediocre LSC. Two natural in state rivals in both ENMU & WNMU. WT A&M & UTPB relatively close by and not real power house programs at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •