Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Quotes

Default Favorite Quotes

There is no action on this board. This might stimulate the chatter.
    What is your favorite sports quote? It can belong to someone from your team or to someone else in the sports world.

Default Re: Favorite Quotes

My all time favorite is Barry Hinson's "Ive been telling my wife for years size doesn't matter".

3. Default Re: Favorite Quotes

Not a sports quote for the lack of excitement around here causes me to reminisce a bit.

Like Silky Panties or not but his removal from the board has considerably dropped the traffic around here. No doubt an interesting and sometimes divisive character, but there is no debate he knew a ton about D II basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by bkingbroker View Post
    Not a sports quote for the lack of excitement around here causes me to reminisce a bit.

Like Silky Panties or not but his removal from the board has considerably dropped the traffic around here. No doubt an interesting and sometimes divisive character, but there is no debate he knew a ton about D II basketball.
    That guy deliberately set out to offend others even hiding behind other usernames to play his crappy games. Good riddance.

"But we're talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We're talking about practice, man. [laughter from the media crowd] We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We ain't talking about the game." Allen Iverson

That is classic. Barry was naive, A. I. was oblivious.

7. Default Re: Favorite Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by bkingbroker View Post

You know as well as the rest of us DJ Silky Disturbed Stan Gerard is still lurking on this board under other names, he just has to be careful or he exposes self. The guy is a loser and good riddance. He was fired by USI and they want no part of Stan Gerard.

My favorite sports quote is anything containing the phrase "DJ Silky Disturbed Stan Gerard"

Just kidding. That's actually the phrase that is ALMOST as annoying as the nonsense said silky britches used to spew on here.

9. Default Re: Favorite Quotes

Jacksonville (Ala.) State basketball coach Bill Jones, when asked if his Gamecocks' 37 point win over Kentucky Wesleyan in the quarterfinals of the 1989 NCAA Division II tournament was beyond his wildest dreams: "My wildest dreams don't have basketball in them."
    Last edited by WKYDave; 04-19-2018 at 08:52 PM.

10. Default Re: Favorite Quotes

NBA Forward Drew Gooden
    "I've had to overcome a lot of diversity"

11. Default Re: Favorite Quotes

Jimmy V: "Dont give up, dont ever give up"

12. Default Re: Favorite Quotes

“The new arena marks a new era. Who knows where college basketball is going? We’re excited about an incredible facility and the commitment of our administration to athletics. Basketball is only one part of it” said Hc Rodney Watson (Lindskog -Courier & Press, April 19, 2018)

13. Default Re: Favorite Quotes

"Dont underestimate the heart of a champion"....Rudy T

"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want them bury me upside down and my critics can kiss my a$$" - Bob Knight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS20_JesSq4 -

Coach - "Measure this from the rim, Buddy. How far? - Buddy - "ten feet" - Coach (Hackman) - "Ten Feet"
    From Movie - Hoosiers

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cdc13CU9Fc

16. Default Re: Favorite Quotes

Sports writer "coach you were 4 and 18 last year but everyone is back" "what do you expect this year?" Coach "4 and 18"

"The only high school wrestling match my mother came to see me wrestle in was against a wrestler from Trigg County, and he dislocated my neck." - Grasshopper

Wrestling quotes from Ryan Kearns since KWC will have a wrestling team next year.

"You can't build a reputation on what you could have done..."

"It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters."

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

"He that is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else."

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Being mentally tough is doing EXACTLY what you don't want to do, EXACTLY when you don't want to do it."

"Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration."

"Remember, when you are not training, someone somewhere is training; and when you meet him, he will win."

"Success is NOT a random event."

"Great accomplishments require great sacrifices."

"The harder you work, the luckier you get."

"Victory happens when ten thousand hours of training meets one moment of opportunity."

"Fatigue makes cowards of us all."

I stopped at the Fatigue quote because anyone who has ever wrestled seriously knows that fatigue in amateur wrestling is WORSE THAN IN ANY SPORT!
    Last edited by alumnifan; 04-20-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Just one more wrestling quote.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; Giving up is what makes it permanent."
    Last edited by alumnifan; 04-20-2018 at 06:52 PM.

20. Default Re: Favorite Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by alumnifan View Post
    "When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want them bury me upside down and my critics can kiss my a$$" - Bob Knight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS20_JesSq4 -
    Bobby Knight had a lot of good ones!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast