Thread: Shepherd Spring Game

Default Shepherd Spring Game

Just wondering if anyone was at the Spring practice/game? I was there for a a couple of hours but missed the game. Sure did seem different without Coach Cater there. I thought Nic Hammer would be the QB this year, when they were recognizing the seniors from last year, his name was mentioned. He could not be at the game because the baseball team was either playing or practicing.

I watched the QB’s pretty closely, and I wasn’t thrilled with what I saw. Hopefully things went better in the actual game. Heck, I didn’t even know who was who. I guess we were spoiled the last five years with Ziemba and Jessop. I was impressed with the WR #89 and the RB #33. I guess Glover will be playing defense...there was an article in the Journal about him moving to the other side of the ball.

All in all it is April and there is a lot of time between now and the start of the season.

Default Re: Shepherd Spring Game

I would not be surprised to see either incoming freshmen to be the starter midway in the season. I think they could split playing time until a decision is made? The kid from Martinsburg is great as well as the one from Lake Braddock.

Default Re: Shepherd Spring Game

I don't think Hammer is playing this year. According to the Journal article both backups from last year are gone and McCook stated "We’ll set a depth chart after evaluating the spring, but we expect to have more competition going into the fall,” McCook said. “We’ll have a quarterback take his first collegiate snaps at Notre Dame (Ohio).”

If this is accurate then it doesn't sound like Hammer is playing.