Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Millersville Football...back to the stone ages?

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Millersville Football...back to the stone ages?

Quote Originally Posted by QBWR View Post
    As of today, HC Morgan and (former) interim HC Sutjak are the only coaches listed on the staff directory.
    With most players gone until camp starts, it should make evaluating players real interesting. How soon before Morgan questions his decision? Hopefully, he made no promises or guarantees to that knucklehead Gallagher.
    Any of you Shipp guys heard anything about support staff? And what about Tomasetti? Are they giving him the OC job?
    Things are pretty quiet at Ship. I can't see any of the coaches leaving other than Tomasetti and possibly Tony Johnson since he's a volunteer coach (DB) and could possibly get a salary assistant position as maybe DC or DB coach at the Ville under Morgan. Chances are he'll dig into the local high school possibly snagging former Ship players who are High School coaches to start filling out the coaching staff at the Ville. If Tomasetti leaves as we all expect I would love to see Mac find another creative mind OC like he did when he lured Yurich away from Edinboro.

FINALLY....it's June and Millersville now has 3 coaches..!!!!!
    Former interim HC Sutjak will stay as the DC and as expected, Tomasetti is coming over as the OC.

About time they finally announced what we all knew was going to happen weeks ago. I think Ship needs to pluck a QB, WR, or RB coach away from another PSAC school to be the OC. Assistants are pretty much on year to year deals aren't they? Coach Mac is a defensive guy so he obviously can't call plays and Coach Lee was the OC when Rocky was HC but he called plays for the outdated Wing-T offense that I thought would never leave Shippensburg lol.

Looks like Coach Morgan may have raided another coach from Shippensburg as Volunteer OL Coach Jake Minnich is no longer on the coaching page for the Raiders.

I suspect he'll be a fulltime assistant getting a salary from Millersville to be the OL coach under Coach Morgan.....

D III Wisconsin-Stevens Point HC opening. Two of the 4 finalists:
    former Millersville HC Greg Breitbach
    Lock Haven HC David Taynor
    both were on staff there in '04-'05, Breitbach as an OC, Taynor as an Asst Coach

in other news.....on the doorsteps of July and Millersville has no assistants hired...a HC, an OC and a DC.
    Last edited by QBWR; 06-20-2018 at 10:14 AM. Reason: .

Quote Originally Posted by QBWR View Post
    D III Wisconsin-Stevens Point HC opening. Two of the 4 finalists:
    former Millersville HC Greg Breitbach
    Lock Haven HC David Taynor
    both were on staff there in '04-'05, Breitbach as an OC, Taynor as an Asst Coach

in other news.....on the doorsteps of July and Millersville has no assistants hired...a HC, an OC and a DC.
    How many HC apply for another HC position at a division lower than where they currently coach??? Pretty darn interesting and also has to have the players questioning his loyalty. It's one thing to take a position late when you're moving up a level but to go from a D2 to D3 program I would have an issue if I were a player even if he isn't picked and returns to coach at LHU for the 2018 season. If it were the LHU OC or DC I would totally understand as even though its a division down he's getting a promotion to being a HC but this would seem to be a lateral position move.

Quote Originally Posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
    How many HC apply for another HC position at a division lower than where they currently coach??? Pretty darn interesting and also has to have the players questioning his loyalty. It's one thing to take a position late when you're moving up a level but to go from a D2 to D3 program I would have an issue if I were a player even if he isn't picked and returns to coach at LHU for the 2018 season. If it were the LHU OC or DC I would totally understand as even though its a division down he's getting a promotion to being a HC but this would seem to be a lateral position move.
    I'd say ones who value other things more than moving up the NCAA ladder.

8. Default Re: Millersville Football...back to the stone ages?

About time they finally announced what we all knew was going to happen weeks ago. I think Ship needs to pluck a QB, WR, or RB coach away from another PSAC school to be the OC. Assistants are pretty much on year to year deals aren't they? Coach Mac is a defensive guy so he obviously can't call plays and Coach Lee was the OC when Rocky was HC but he called plays for the outdated Wing-T offense that I thought would never leave Shippensburg lol.
    Haven in such a mess this would be a step up. At this point the guy is who he is.. a lower level head coach or maybe a higher level position coach. That Wisconsin public league is good football and competitive, and almost any situation is better than Lock Haven football (sadly).

Here's the other reality: Lock Haven wouldn't even be a good D3 team. A Mount Union or similar would hang 45 on them.

There's no hope there. He's getting out of Dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloom Burger View Post
    Haven in such a mess this would be a step up. At this point the guy is who he is.. a lower level head coach or maybe a higher level position coach. That Wisconsin public league is good football and competitive, and almost any situation is better than Lock Haven football (sadly).
    Plus the upside of DIII (and private schools in FCS or DII) is that you spend far less time hustling for dollars. Sure you have the annual golf outing and other events but you're not doing the work just to be able to make ends meet or increase your scholarship dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Here's the other reality: Lock Haven wouldn't even be a good D3 team. A Mount Union or similar would hang 45 on them.

I think Mount Union could hang 45 on most PSAC teams. Sure they're DIII but that's a well-coached cohesive program. You don't have their run of success without knowing what you're doing.

Lou Tepper was close by a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

My thinking is what is he really getting himself into if he does get this HC position at Stevens-Point. Their HC quit 4/23 to take the HC position at another D3 school that has averaged 1 win per year the last 4-5 yeas so is Dave walking into a position just as bad as his current. If so at least the winter weather is a little more pleasant in Lock Haven than Wisconsin lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloom Burger View Post
    Haven in such a mess this would be a step up.
    Well, the Bald Eagles did beat Bloomsburg the last two meetings. Go figure.

I saw online that Alvernia special teams coordinator and strength & conditioning coach Dan Beard is headed to Millersville. He was a grad asst coach at Ship a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I saw online that Alvernia special teams coordinator and strength & conditioning coach Dan Beard is headed to Millersville. He was a grad asst coach at Ship a few years ago.
    AWESOME...now Millersville has 4 coaches...and its only June 26th..!!!!

ok....so a few things....1st, what kind of an athletic program is the AD running there? Gallagher approves and names the former Ship OC as Millersville's new OC. Why is it, a month later, the guy is still pictured in a red Shippensburg football shirt? I mean you have this pompous AD and his coaches that preach attention to detail, then you have this. It may seem like no big deal to some, but I think it's just another example of how slovenly and out of sorts Millersville's athletic department is. Tell the guy he's hired, FedEx him a Millersville shirt, take a selfie and send it back. BAM...done....or at least have one of the computer lab snowflakes photoshop him a black shirt.
    Next, in response to the above post about the Alvernia S&C coach coming to Ville. There's hardly any off-season left. FScot82/IUP/ShipFan.et al, do you guys know if assistants take as much time to hire, process wise, as the HC or is Gallagher putting his siesta ahead of his hiring responsibilites? I can't believe how late it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    In 2017, he led the Marauders to the highest win total in 10 years.
    4-7, 11th out of 16 in the PSAC

His team also earned the most wins in the PSAC East since 2006.
    3-4 , 5th out of 8 in the PSAC East

His Marauders' offense generated the most points per game in 11 years.
    24.5 10th out of 16 in the PSAC

20. Default Re: Millersville Football...back to the stone ages?

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    4-7, 11th out of 16 in the PSAC

3-4 , 5th out of 8 in the PSAC East

24.5 10th out of 16 in the PSAC
    I think it would have been better to say he was the HC of D2 Millersville and leave it at that.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast