Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 421

Thread: IUP Spring Ball begins today

  1. #181
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    90,207
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The 'permanent' visitor bleachers are being installed. They appear to be going from about the 30 to the 30 (ballpark). Just guessing here as I didn't actually count but it looked to be about 15 rows high. I'd assume based on their current pace they should be done in about 2 weeks.
    We want pictures!

    So...new visitor bleachers and rest rooms.

    New video board (ok a few years old)

    New track and field.

    Only thing left is a new press box...new concession stand and replace the perimeter fencing.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Indiana, Pa.
    Posts
    7,748
    Rep Power
    90044

    Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    Alleged gun threat at IHS ... police all over the place.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Indiana, Pa.
    Posts
    7,748
    Rep Power
    90044

    Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    Creepy Valley at Pitt

    Sept 8

    8pm


    That will be a circus.

  4. Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Creepy Valley at Pitt

    Sept 8

    8pm


    That will be a circus.
    Maybe Pitt will put up a better fight this year with Barkley gone and Pickett supposedly solidified as the Panther QB. Pitt seems to have some more established backs since the big hole left by Conner early last season. Tipton returning at WR.

    -

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Indiana, Pa.
    Posts
    7,748
    Rep Power
    90044

    Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    What do we know about Josh Morris? ... appears to be a late signing.

  6. #186

    Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    What do we know about Josh Morris? ... appears to be a late signing.
    I couldn't find anything other than his HS highlight reel from like 2014. His younger brother (or cousin maybe) looks to be a 4 star recruit.

    Otherwise, nothing. I'm still wondering about a backup QB.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Indiana, Pa.
    Posts
    7,748
    Rep Power
    90044

    Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    Looks like this Morris guy may have played at a JUCO in AZ.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moon Township, PA
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    369

    Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    http://www.hudl.com/profile/1143085/Josh-Morris

    Josh looks like a talented CB/S with 4.42 forty at 5'10".

    DB help is welcome.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    90,207
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Creepy Valley at Pitt

    Sept 8

    8pm


    That will be a circus.

    We know Pitt will supply the clowns!

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Indiana, Pa.
    Posts
    7,748
    Rep Power
    90044

    Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
    http://www.hudl.com/profile/1143085/Josh-Morris

    Josh looks like a talented CB/S with 4.42 forty at 5'10".

    DB help is welcome.
    He's a stout 5'10" ... Looks like a big hitter. You can see that speed on film.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    469
    Rep Power
    5263

    Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    He's a stout 5'10" ... Looks like a big hitter. You can see that speed on film.
    He has some speed, but I don't believe its 4.4/40yrd dash speed. Maybe someone hand-timed him at 4.42, which equates to 4.65-ish. But yes, he has some speed.

    Looks like he's a 2014 HS graduate, but even though his Hudl account shows him practicing at Phoenix College I don't see him listed on any roster or stats:

    https://athletics.phoenixcollege.edu/sports/football

    Not sure how long he will be at IUP.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Indiana, Pa.
    Posts
    7,748
    Rep Power
    90044

    Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    IUP just announced the Millersville game has been moved to Thursday night.

    Very smart move for a lot of reasons -- perhaps the main one is not competing with Pitt/PSU on Sept. 8.


    IUP always draws well at night, too.

  13. Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    I see that some former IUP football greats got tabbed for the IUP Athletic Hall of Fame recently. QB Brian Eyerman, WR Carmelo Ocasio, and DB Joey Flora are the names that I recall off the top of my head. All are very deserving. But IUP still needs to induct Tony Aliucci to give their Hall a proper degree of validity. For God's sakes the man was runner-up for the Harlon Hill and was one of the truly great players in IUP football history.

    -

  14. Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    A couple of IUP football related matters in the news recently.

    -It seems that former IUP QB Lynn Hieber is up for consideration for the College Football Hall of Fame. Hieber was apparently a All-American QB for IUP back in 1974 and 1975 and held many school passing records. He was later drafted by the Bengals. Did anyone ever see him play?

    -WR Walt Pegues and Curt Cignetti's daughter Natalie were recently honored for their success in the classroom in addition to their accolades on the athletic field and court. It appears that Natalie will be attending Med School down at Wake Forest in the fall. I believe that is near where Curt in now the coach at Elon.

    -

  15. #195

    Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    Solid grad transfer from Patriot league on campus the other day, was a highly productive 2 way player in that league at rb/db. Exactly what they need defensively and in return game.

  16. #196
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    90,207
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    A couple of IUP football related matters in the news recently.

    -It seems that former IUP QB Lynn Hieber is up for consideration for the College Football Hall of Fame. Hieber was apparently a All-American QB for IUP back in 1974 and 1975 and held many school passing records. He was later drafted by the Bengals. Did anyone ever see him play?

    -WR Walt Pegues and Curt Cignetti's daughter Natalie were recently honored for their success in the classroom in addition to their accolades on the athletic field and court. It appears that Natalie will be attending Med School down at Wake Forest in the fall. I believe that is near where Curt in now the coach at Elon.

    -

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Indiana, Pa.
    Posts
    7,748
    Rep Power
    90044

    Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    Heavy transfer discussion talk this time of year but any word if any of the incoming freshmen are expected to see the field? I know with the current state of the program it's going to be very difficult for true freshmen to play -- and that's a great thing. More you can redshirt the better long-term. The more you play ... the worse things probably are ...

    They all look like shiny new pennies on signing day. Then reality sets in when camp starts. Awfully big jump. Not playing against boys anymore.

    A year ago I think most felt Duane Brown would and certainly Justice Evans took the game by storm.

    I think Brown is just going to be a monster on defense.

  18. #198

    Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Heavy transfer discussion talk this time of year but any word if any of the incoming freshmen are expected to see the field? I know with the current state of the program it's going to be very difficult for true freshmen to play -- and that's a great thing. More you can redshirt the better long-term. The more you play ... the worse things probably are ...

    They all look like shiny new pennies on signing day. Then reality sets in when camp starts. Awfully big jump. Not playing against boys anymore.

    A year ago I think most felt Duane Brown would and certainly Justice Evans took the game by storm.

    I think Brown is just going to be a monster on defense.
    My guess would be that maybe some DLs and Maybe at TE / H-back. My question is will they burn a freshmen QB redshirt so they can do mop up duty ? not heard anything about a transfer

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Indiana, Pa.
    Posts
    7,748
    Rep Power
    90044

    Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    It's still only mid-June. Lots of guys out there looking for homes. I suspect they add a QB in the Next 30 days.

    Too big of a risk not to do so.

  20. Default Re: IUP Spring Ball begins today

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    It's still only mid-June. Lots of guys out there looking for homes. I suspect they add a QB in the Next 30 days.

    Too big of a risk not to do so.
    No reason why Pietropola can't fill that role in addition to his other numerous duties. He can do it all.

    It could save the program valuable dollars. They may also want to go with some playing time for one of the frosh QBs if they feel that he and the program would benefit from some playing time in 2018. Remember, Lenny is gone after this season. They need someone to be able to step right in and play. Redshirt freshman who has never seen the elephant may not be the way to go for next year. It might be invaluable to get your guy some snaps this season.

    -

    -

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •