Thread: 2018 Midwest Regional

Contribute to D2

Default 2018 Midwest Regional

Ohio Dominican may give Ferris a better game than expected. OD is 12-1 in their last 13 games and is on an 8 game win streak. That 8 game win streak includes 2 wins over Hillsdale and a win over Findlay. If they can beat Findlay, they can beat Ferris. Not meant to be a dig at Ferris, it's just that Findlay is a very good team. Ferris comes from behind and pulls off another win.

Bellarmine fans don't like playing Truman for the 3rd time in two weeks, but it is kind of a myth that it gets harder to beat a team for a third time. If anything, BU has proven to be better than Truman and if BU losses the game, it's their own fault.

I am going out on a limb and saying Findlay disposes of Drury relatively easily. UF is too strong around the basket and also has a very good outside game.

LSSU also easily beats Hillsdale.

Default Re: 2018 Midwest Regional

Using Massey Ratings for point spreads--

Ferris State (-12) vs. Ohio Dominican
    Bellarmine (-10) vs. Truman State
    Findlay (-3) vs. Drury
    Lake Superior State (-4) vs. Hillsdale

..and in case anyone cares about the women's regional..
    Ashland (-27) vs. Hillsdale
    Drury (-7) vs. Findlay
    Southern Indiana (-4) vs. Lewis
    Michigan Tech vs. Grand Valley (-6)

Quote Originally Posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
    Using Massey Ratings for point spreads--

Ferris State (-12) vs. Ohio Dominican
    Bellarmine (-10) vs. Truman State
    Findlay (-3) vs. Drury
    Lake Superior State (-4) vs. Hillsdale

..and in case anyone cares about the women's regional..
    Ashland (-27) vs. Hillsdale
    Drury (-7) vs. Findlay
    Southern Indiana (-4) vs. Lewis
    Michigan Tech vs. Grand Valley (-6)
    my predictions based on point spread:

1). Take Dominican and the 12
    2) Take BU and give the 10
    3) Take Findlay and give the 3
    4). Take Hillsdale and the 4

as for the girls:
    1) take Ashland and give a total of 200 points for the whole regional. Btw, has anybody beaten Ashland in this decade? (i jest but I don't really follow the girls much and only know that Ashland is like the UConn of D2.)

Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    my predictions based on point spread:

1). Take Dominican and the 12
    2) Take BU and give the 10
    3) Take Findlay and give the 3
    4). Take Hillsdale and the 4

as for the girls:
    1) take Ashland and give a total of 200 points for the whole regional. Btw, has anybody beaten Ashland in this decade? (i jest but I don't really follow the girls much and only know that Ashland is like the UConn of D2.)
    If I'm not mistaken, Drury was the last team to beat Ashland's girls in the regional (at their place) 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DUPanther View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Drury was the last team to beat Ashland's girls in the regional (at their place) 2 years ago.
    The score was Drury 86, Ashland 60.

6. Default Re: 2018 Midwest Regional

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    Ohio Dominican may give Ferris a better game than expected. OD is 12-1 in their last 13 games and is on an 8 game win streak. That 8 game win streak includes 2 wins over Hillsdale and a win over Findlay. If they can beat Findlay, they can beat Ferris. Not meant to be a dig at Ferris, it's just that Findlay is a very good team. Ferris comes from behind and pulls off another win.

Bellarmine fans don't like playing Truman for the 3rd time in two weeks, but it is kind of a myth that it gets harder to beat a team for a third time. If anything, BU has proven to be better than Truman and if BU losses the game, it's their own fault.

I am going out on a limb and saying Findlay disposes of Drury relatively easily. UF is too strong around the basket and also has a very good outside game.

LSSU also easily beats Hillsdale.
    I actually don't think any outcome of the quarterfinals would be defined as a major upset. An awful lot of parity.

WOMEN'S SEMI-FINALS

Lewis vs Drury
    Grand Valley vs Ashland

Impressive, Findlay

9. Default Re: 2018 Midwest Regional

Findlay vs Ferris in the finals...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
    Impressive, Findlay

Quote Originally Posted by bkingbroker View Post
    Findlay vs Ferris in the finals...
    Not so sure about that. Drury had 10 turnovers in the first half yesterday and still led Findlay by 4 at halftime because they had real trouble guarding us in man-to-man. They went zone late in the first half and then for almost the entire second half and we were horrible against it (and have been for most of the year). They won't be able to do that against Bellarmine, and BU won't turn it over 20 times against them.

I think Bellarmine is the superior defensive team in that one. If Sullivan and Kimbrough go off Findlay will win, otherwise I'd give Bellarmine the edge.

#G-MAC

12. Default Re: 2018 Midwest Regional

Man did the mid majors miss on Sullivan. I really enjoy watching him play.

Quote Originally Posted by kdubnation View Post
    #G-MAC

Man did the mid majors miss on Sullivan. I really enjoy watching him play.
    Man, exactly like I thought. Findlay couldn’t really slow down Bellarmine’s offense (BU shot 60% FG), but both Sullivan and Kimbrough were hot and Findlay wins by 1. Great game.

14. Default Re: 2018 Midwest Regional

I wasn't counting on Bach lighting Findlay until like he did. Great game!

Quote Originally Posted by DUPanther View Post
    Man, exactly like I thought. Findlay couldn’t really slow down Bellarmine’s offense (BU shot 60% FG), but both Sullivan and Kimbrough were hot and Findlay wins by 1. Great game.

15. Default Re: 2018 Midwest Regional

Watching Ferris now and don't see Findlay beating these guys. Fear The Beard.

2/3 game in the South Central region has just entered the 4th OT. Currently Texas-Permian Basin 120, Regis 118

Crazy stuff come March

17. Default Re: 2018 Midwest Regional

Watching Ferris now and don't see Findlay beating these guys. Fear The Beard.
    Findlay lost at Ferris by 1 point on a Ferris basket with 1.1 sec left earlier this season -- and Oilers without their full starting lineup available for that game.

18. Default Re: 2018 Midwest Regional

Ferris has too much speed.....Ferris by 8.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC2018 View Post
    Findlay lost at Ferris by 1 point on a Ferris basket with 1.1 sec left earlier this season -- and Oilers without their full starting lineup available for that game.

I saw this and thought I would share. Is this someone running this that posts on here? Just curious. It is titled Midwest Division II hoops.

https://twitter.com/GreatLakesHoops

Quote Originally Posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    I saw this and thought I would share. Is this someone running this that posts on here? Just curious. It is titled Midwest Division II hoops.

https://twitter.com/GreatLakesHoops
    I don't know anything about it, but I like it. Convenient one-stop shopping!