Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Departures

Default Departures

Tarojoe Brake (6'2" SG) is leaving the Lock Haven program. He has two years eligibility.

-- Had some big games for them this season including 22 against Shippensburg.

2. Default Re: Departures

I guess stepping out on a limb a bit here----but IUP might be in the market for some players.

-

Default Re: Departures

The Hinton kid would be the only player I'd want from there.

Another player of interest is David Kachelries who is transferring from D1 NJIT, where he played in 14 games, but nothing listed after 1-18-18. As a high school junior he had invites were American, Fordham, Binghamton, Holy Cross, Brown, Dartmouth, Lafayette and Lehigh. It would be great if he joined his brother at Bloom and filled the position of departing Mortelite. He was Emmaus High School all-time leading scorer and ended his high school career with 1,910 points.
    http://www.hudl.com/profile/3522672/David-Kachelries

I wasn't implying I want the kid from LH ... just starting a thread to keep track of all Atlantic Region departures. There will be many.

But, yeah, Hinton would look awfully nice here.

Kangni and Cooper leaving West Virginia Wesleyan per VC.

7. Default Re: Departures

Sounds like their could be more en masse Pitt departures if Baldo Stullings is retained. Wonder if any of them would filter down into the ranks of D-II?

-

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Sounds like their could be more en masse Pitt departures if Baldo Stullings is retained. Wonder if any of them would filter down into the ranks of D-II?

-
    To my knowledge no scholarship BB players at Pitt have ever transferred to D2. Some Walkons have done it though.

Despite how bad this team is, maybe the only one who could possibly drop to D2 is Samson George. He was originally committed to Iona before Pitt came looking late in the process. I think he is likely to transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

-

The departures at Pitt would happen, again, if Stallings is removed. Not the other way around. The kids there like him. That’s their coach. They played hard for him all year. They’re looking forward to next year together when they’re sophomores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Default Re: Departures

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    The departures at Pitt would happen, again, if Stallings is removed. Not the other way around. The kids there like him. That’s their coach. They played hard for him all year. They’re looking forward to next year together when they’re sophomores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A little hard to be a Stoolings apologist now my friend. LOL. It's over! The plug has mercifully been pulled at last.

-

Zach McIntire is leaving the Mercyhurst program.

Justice Cuthbertson and Nick Brooks are leaving the West Virginia Wesleyan program per VC. That's four so far out of that program this off-season.

Not in the Atlantic but close by, Kevin Simpson and Jordan McElveen are leaving Davis & Elkins.

James Grififn is leaving West Liberty.

Tarojae Brake (reported WL offer) and Amir Hinton have left Lock Haven.

LeJavius Johnson has left Charleston.

Darian Peterson has left Concord.

* The Amir Hinton landing spot is the best kept secret in college basketball. There's nothing out there in cyber land about it. No news on Randy Bell's next stop, either.

* Seton Hill is sure taking its time with this basketball hire. It also appears Clarion is giving Williams another year.

* Drake has announced numerous players leaving the program. There was a stint there where there was a direct pipeline from Drake to IUP (Jeffers, Daddy, Danielak). Perhaps it will continue.

I think there is far more to the story of the Seton Hill coaches "retirement."

The Drake pipeline to IUP has paid off in two of the three cases.

I'll start digging on the Bell/Hinton situations.

edit...
    Last edited by IUPalum; 04-13-2018 at 09:56 AM.

16. Default Re: Departures

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    * The Amir Hinton landing spot is the best kept secret in college basketball. There's nothing out there in cyber land about it. No news on Randy Bell's next stop, either.

* Seton Hill is sure taking its time with this basketball hire. It also appears Clarion is giving Williams another year.

* Drake has announced numerous players leaving the program. There was a stint there where there was a direct pipeline from Drake to IUP (Jeffers, Daddy, Danielak). Perhaps it will continue.

Drake of course is where former IUP MBB coach Kurt Kanaskie went after he left campus in 1996. I suppose it's hardly going out on much of a limb to assume that has had something to do with it. But I guess on the other hand he's been gone from Drake for quite a few years now.

-

Rising sophomore guard Devin Smith has left Gannon.

ESU forward Kobi Nwondu is transferring. He'll have two years eligibility.

19. Default Re: Departures

First Smith, now Phoenix? If true, what in the world is going on at our beloved Gannon?

Don't know ... it's been a revolving door up in the 'Mill for the past several years.

Reilly will find new guys ... always does.

Gannon had some big losses due to graduation to begin with ... if Phoenix turns out to be true they may be looking at quite a rebuild next year.

Minus IUP the whole West took some serious losses.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast