Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Women's Regional

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Women's Regional

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    1998 with a win at South Dakota State...I've been shaking since we won the conference tourney. One bad game (as what could have been yesterday) and it's all over
    Look what happened to a fine Augie women's team tonight. Sometimes that darn round ball just won't go through that stupid hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeman View Post
    Look what happened to a fine Augie women's team tonight. Sometimes that darn round ball just won't go through that stupid hole!
    Facts upon facts

Fixed it for you =)

Congrats to Coach Slifer and the rest of the Jennies. Looks like he just needed to get to a regional without the Lady Hornets. :)
    In all seriousness, there were other games with bigger margins but they were about the only team that flat out dismantled ESU from start to finish this year when they snapped the Lady Hornets 27 game home court winning streak.
    UCM is now the sixth different MIAA women's team since 2005 to make the Elite Eight.
    2018 UCM ??
    2016 PSU Lost in Elite 8 to Grand Valley 59-56
    2015 ESU Beat West Texas A&M 62-50 in Elite 8, lost to eventual champion California (PA) 51-46 in Final Four
    2012 PSU Lost in Elite 8 to eventual champion Shaw 61-58
    2011 NWMSU Beat Cal Poly Pomona 78-65 in Elite 8, lost to Michigan Tech 89-78 in Final Four
    2010 ESU Beat Michigan Tech 91-85 in Elite 8, beat Gannon 97-94 (OT) in Final Four, won National Championship 65-53 over Ft. Lewis
    2008 WU lost to South Dakota 85-80 (2OT) in Elite 8
    2005 WU beat Charleston 73-60 in Elite 8, beat Central Arkansas (now D1) 69-67 in Final Four, won National Championship 70-53 over Seattle Pacific

Quote Originally Posted by ichacat View Post
    UCM is now the sixth different MIAA women's team since 2005 to make the Elite Eight.
    What did you fix? I only count 5 - CentralMO, Pitt, Emporia, Northwest & Washburn. Who is the 6th? I realize you're annoyed he left out 2005 but he only had to go back to 2008 to get Washburn in the Elite 8. Going back the additional 3 years adds a different champion from the MIAA but does not add a different school in the Elite 8.
    Last edited by Randy; 03-13-2018 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ichacat View Post
    Fixed it for you =)

Congrats to Coach Slifer and the rest of the Jennies. Looks like he just needed to get to a regional without the Lady Hornets. :)
    In all seriousness, there were other games with bigger margins but they were about the only team that flat out dismantled ESU from start to finish this year when they snapped the Lady Hornets 27 game home court winning streak.
    2018 UCM ??
    2016 PSU Lost in Elite 8 to Grand Valley 59-56
    2015 ESU Beat West Texas A&M 62-50 in Elite 8, lost to eventual champion California (PA) 51-46 in Final Four
    2012 PSU Lost in Elite 8 to eventual champion Shaw 61-58
    2011 NWMSU Beat Cal Poly Pomona 78-65 in Elite 8, lost to Michigan Tech 89-78 in Final Four
    2010 ESU Beat Michigan Tech 91-85 in Elite 8, beat Gannon 97-94 (OT) in Final Four, won National Championship 65-53 over Ft. Lewis
    2008 WU lost to South Dakota 85-80 (2OT) in Elite 8
    2005 WU beat Charleston 73-60 in Elite 8, beat Central Arkansas (now D1) 69-67 in Final Four, won National Championship 70-53 over Seattle Pacific
    Actually if you want to go back to 2005 you need to add this
    2006 ESU Lost in Elite 8 to American International 86-79 (after beating Washburn 61-59 (OT) in Topeka in the regional final to snap the then Lady Blues 51 game winning streak).
    And as Randy pointed out it's the same number of schools. If you want to increase it to the number of times an MIAA school has made it to the Elite 8 and want to include the 2005 season it would be nine (ESU three, PSU two, WU two, NWMSU one, UCM one) times in 14 years. Must be some strange IchaCat math that makes it work out to six.

Maybe it's not all that surprising, but I thought it was interesting that the Lady Vikes ended up hosting the region, but didn't have a girl make 1st or 2nd Team All-Region. It doesn't bother me or anything, and it's not that I think any specific player should have when you're strictly looking at stats, I just found it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Maybe it's not all that surprising, but I thought it was interesting that the Lady Vikes ended up hosting the region, but didn't have a girl make 1st or 2nd Team All-Region. It doesn't bother me or anything, and it's not that I think any specific player should have when you're strictly looking at stats, I just found it interesting.
    I noted the same thing. Sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. When I saw Augie play MSU this season, I didn't see one player that just jumped out at me like on some Viking teams in the past. Instead, they were like five fingers on the same hand. Great season to end up as regional runner up.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    Logan O'Farrell not being on an All Region team is a Class A felony, she deserved it more than any other NSIC player in my opinion.

[QUOTE=simple as a $3 bill;2190344]So that means they'll have more than the 10 people who would have been there otherwise.
    To bad it will be a wasted trip.

Or about five more than St. Cloud would have brought.

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    So that means they'll have more than the 10 people who would have been there otherwise.
    To bad it will be a wasted trip.

I wonder if Witthus showed the boys around town on their off day. :)
    19 fans, plus cheer coach and then the dance team and band, so around 35-40

19 fans, plus cheer coach and then the dance team and band, so around 35-40
    Out of curiosity, how many Northern fans do you guesstimate were at the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Logan O'Farrell not being on an All Region team is a Class A felony, she deserved it more than any other NSIC player in my opinion.
    Seeing as she was named an honorable mention All-American, you are probably right. And, by my count, it looks like only 6 or 7 total women from our region made any level of the All-American team, so you'd think she would've at least cracked the top 10 in the all-region team.

http://goaugie.com/news/2018/3/19/wo...n-by-wbca.aspx

Logan O’Farrell Named All-American Honorable Mention by WBCA

ATLANTA -- Logan O'Farrell, a senior on the Augustana women's basketball team has been named a 2018 Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) Division II All-America honorable mention.

O'Farrell averaged 13.9 points and 6.4 rebounds-per-game to go along with her 122 assists, 105 steals and 45 blocks. The Summit, S.D. native scored a season-high 26 points vs. Sioux Falls on Feb. 26 and a season-best 12 rebounds vs. St. Cloud State on Jan. 27.

"The 10 members of the 2018 WBCA NCAA Division II Coaches' All-America team are well deserving of this recognition, and the WBCA congratulates them for their accomplishments this season," said Danielle Donehew, executive director of the WBCA. "These young women have worked to elevate themselves and their teams to an elite level and through their exceptional talents on the basketball court, they have lifted the women's game."

She's the only player in the country to acquire at least 105 steals and 45 blocks on the season.

O'Farrell has the 10th most points in program history with 1,489 career points and her 308 career-steals is second all-time.

The Vikings won a share of the NSIC regular season championship for the first time in program history in 2018. Additionally, Augustana won a program-record 29 games and the NSIC Tournament Championship to go along with a trip to the sweet-16 in the Division II National Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    Out of curiosity, how many Northern fans do you guesstimate were at the game?
    150-200?

150-200?
    I’d say that’s about right. Good luck to your wolves in Sioux Falls!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678