Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 663

Thread: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    3,994
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    25441

    Default Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    I'm starting a new thread since the moderators have decided to finally take action on cleaning up here. Please, keep this one from being a dumpster fire like the other. I enjoy giving my alma mater a GOOD public image, not an image of negativity and constant bickering and berating people.

    Looking ahead to tomorrow's game, this game will be the make it or break it for our post-season. We've been very fortunate that the committee has not dumped us out of the top 10 yet as most of us predicted. I'm assuming the coaching staff realizes this as well and can respond convincingly with a win. We'll see.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    DJ Silky Panties BANNED. Redswin BANNED.

  3. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by crazznewt View Post
    DJ Silky Panties BANNED. Redswin BANNED.
    Were they the same person?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    Very likely, but let's move forward from that.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary3 View Post
    Were they the same person?
    I found out they were banned by looking at their profiles. In his post, Brandon seems to be saying that is the case.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    Would have been an expert level troll job had silky not goofed and posted silky style comments as redswin by mistake. I'm not convinced those were the only 2 accounts that person controlled though.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    If Drury shoots well from the perimeter tomorrow I think they win.

    A rivalry game in the post season, featuring two twenty win teams with regional positioning on the line.

    Let the excitement begin

  8. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    Drury's defense is too good and that will be the difference. I expect a low scoring game similar to the first game. Drury wins by 12.


    Quote Originally Posted by crazznewt View Post
    If Drury shoots well from the perimeter tomorrow I think they win.

    A rivalry game in the post season, featuring two twenty win teams with regional positioning on the line.

    Let the excitement begin

  9. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by bkingbroker View Post
    Drury's defense is too good and that will be the difference. I expect a low scoring game similar to the first game. Drury wins by 12.
    I think team has quit on Watson...Drury by 22....USI might as well be zombie extras on Walking Dead

  10. #10

    Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    Eagles lose by 30

  11. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    It is certainly possible as the trend line over the past several weeks indicates something major is wrong. But even if the team comes out ready to play I don't see Wod beating Hesser on a neutral court with a lot on the line.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    I think team has quit on Watson...Drury by 22....USI might as well be zombie extras on Walking Dead

  12. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by crazznewt View Post
    DJ Silky Panties BANNED. Redswin BANNED.
    DJ Silky Disturbed Stan Gerard aka Redswin is busted and out of the D2 chatroom! Great job Brandon! What's Gerard to do now? Another username.

  13. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary3 View Post
    Were they the same person?
    Yes Stan Gerard the former USI radio lackey to Darrin Smith. He has other usernames on here but no more Silky or Redswin. He's busted.

  14. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by bkingbroker View Post
    Drury's defense is too good and that will be the difference. I expect a low scoring game similar to the first game. Drury wins by 12.
    USI players have quit and Watson is gone. Drury wins who knows by how much.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
    Yes Stan Gerard the former USI radio lackey to Darrin Smith. He has other usernames on here but no more Silky or Redswin. He's busted.
    If I don't ever have to hear you repeat this line again, I'll be happy. Can you give the repeating a rest now that he is shut down on that account? We all have read your repeated comments. Let's talk basketball.

  16. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    I'm not afraid to admit that I'm at the point where I'm not sure what to root for. Obviously I want USI to be successful but I want change. Change is less likely to happen if we make the tournament.

  17. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by schnautza View Post
    If I don't ever have to hear you repeat this line again, I'll be happy. Can you give the repeating a rest now that he is shut down on that account? We all have read your repeated comments. Let's talk basketball.
    Bravo

  18. #18

    Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary3 View Post
    I'm not afraid to admit that I'm at the point where I'm not sure what to root for. Obviously I want USI to be successful but I want change. Change is less likely to happen if we make the tournament.
    Yeah, I feel that too. But for me, I can't bring myself to root against the team I support, even if it may be what it takes to drive some change. I would hope the department has seen enough evidence at this point to do what it right, but have doubts that they will.

  19. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by schnautza View Post
    Yeah, I feel that too. But for me, I can't bring myself to root against the team I support, even if it may be what it takes to drive some change. I would hope the department has seen enough evidence at this point to do what it right, but have doubts that they will.
    I would like us to win tomorrow and make a run in regionals but if we lose tomorrow it won’t bother me too much as I think it will help make change an easier decision for whomever has to make it. Tens years of terrible postseason performance or lack of is enough.

    As for the game, the players know the importance of it I would think they’ll give it their all. I see it being a close game with players abandoning the coaches game plan and playing their game. If they ignore coaching staff and play uptempo they might just win. I know that’s not great advice but let’s be honest, the past several games the offense and defense that the coaching staff is wanting to run has not worked.
    Last edited by glvcpro; 03-01-2018 at 01:41 PM.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

    Drury is a pretty inexperienced team this year. A few games where they haven't shot it well they've let that get in their head and it's affected them on the defensive end.

    If DU shoots it well and moves the ball like they can, I like them by double digits. If they go cold and get hesitant on offense USI can certainly win this one.

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •