Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1266

Thread: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    I wouldn't take anything away from that win. USI played really well. BU without Eberhard is the 2nd best team in the Region (after BU with Eberhard, of course) especially at Knights Hall. It was a very well played game by USI (and the coaching wasn't bad either.)
    I’m not taking any away from it, I’m just saying with a healthy bu squad USI doesn’t win that game. I think it’s funny that none of that is being mentioned is all.

2. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

We fell into the trap of playing like them,” Jenkins said, “and they don’t share the ball. That’s not what they’re known for. They’re known for crashing the glass and kind of making the game ugly, and they did it. And they couldn’t miss. Part of that was we let them get going and we didn’t do our job on the defensive end, and part of that is they just hit some really tough shots.”

From Louisville CJ article...talking about Bellarmine only having six assists...lol...Jenkins speaking the truth about how we play....

Wouldn’t be surprised if Davenport threw the game. He knows jmh will give long term extension for this win alone.
    New energetic hungry coach plus 70 million spent on stadium wouldn’t be good for Scotty.

4. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Sounds like he is a bit bitter or maybe blind because this team actually shares the ball better than most under Wod.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    We fell into the trap of playing like them,” Jenkins said, “and they don’t share the ball. That’s not what they’re known for. They’re known for crashing the glass and kind of making the game ugly, and they did it. And they couldn’t miss. Part of that was we let them get going and we didn’t do our job on the defensive end, and part of that is they just hit some really tough shots.”

From Louisville CJ article...talking about Bellarmine only having six assists...lol...Jenkins speaking the truth about how we play....

5. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by bkingbroker View Post
    Sounds like he is a bit bitter or maybe blind because this team actually shares the ball better than most under Wod.
    I think he was referring to past teams and not necessarily this years team. We definitely don’t share the ball or move it like bu.

In all seriousness, it seems to me that Coach Davenport has to have some people around him worried about his blood pressure. Maybe, he is in such good health that getting as mad as he does sometimes does not hurt him, something to think about. He is not getting any younger, and don't think for a minute that I want to see that happen. Scotty Davenport is a great college basketball coach. I just wonder if people are concerned about his health when he gets all riled up like he does?

Who is going to present WoD his award and ring after next girls game for “biggest win of career” or “
    WoDneys title “ Will it be Jon Marie , lil ray ray, or one his kids that have full time gigs at the university?

8. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

2-0 now on the very difficult 3 game road trip. USI had 5 guys in double figures and couldn’t have played much better in the first half. Indy took 21 more shots because they had 21 offensive rebounds. Indy actually had more offensive rebounds than defensive rebounds. Jimmy King is a heck of a player for Indy, but went 4-23 in the game. Ouch!

Jacob Norman has become a very important piece to this team. He plays really sound defense, hits the boards hard and doesn’t take bad shots. Tonight he really played well.

Never thought I would see us go 2-0 on this stretch. I'm optimistic that this team hasn't peaked just yet and can keep the energy up.

10. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

2-0 now on the very difficult 3 game road trip. USI had 5 guys in double figures and couldn’t have played much better in the first half. Indy took 21 more shots because they had 21 offensive rebounds. Indy actually had more offensive rebounds than defensive rebounds. Jimmy King is a heck of a player for Indy, but went 4-23 in the game. Ouch!

Jacob Norman has become a very important piece to this team. He plays really sound defense, hits the boards hard and doesn’t take bad shots. Tonight he really played well.
    We’ve benefited from the other teams misfortune but we’ve also played well too. I like seeing us win these important games but I’m not going to let myself get excited until we win the first postseason game.

Did Saluki super donor set up shop on Lloyd and st Joe to give WoD a job after he gets bounced by Robama ?

12. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

We had a chance to put Lewis away in the first half when they were struggling. Lewis figured things out and took us to the woodshed in the second half. Can’t say much other than Lewis is good. They are the best team we have played so far. McCullum for Lewis is such a good player and today he took over the game. He is the best guard in this league and proved it today.

To go 2-1 on this tough road trip is impressive and given us a chance to make the tourney. On the next game....

13. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Robama is too lazy to fire someone, he probably doesn’t even know the head coaches name.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
    Did Saluki super donor set up shop on Lloyd and st Joe to give WoD a job after he gets bounced by Robama ?

14. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

In reality we would have been 1-2 if Bellarmine wasn’t missing an AA and potential POY.

Team is playing better but I have zero confidence in Wod winning in the postseason.

We had a chance to put Lewis away in the first half when they were struggling. Lewis figured things out and took us to the woodshed in the second half. Can’t say much other than Lewis is good. They are the best team we have played so far. McCullum for Lewis is such a good player and today he took over the game. He is the best guard in this league and proved it today.

To go 2-1 on this tough road trip is impressive and given us a chance to make the tourney. On the next game....

Homecoming 2019:
    Unveiling of new “fight” song
    Fried Livers and roller grill “tornadoes” from Hucks
    $50 coupons from Cook portable warehouses

16. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Absolutely zippo defense played by either team tonight. USI can’t beat good teams playing like they did tonight.

17. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Absolutely zippo defense played by either team tonight. USI can’t beat good teams playing like they did tonight.
    Lucky they didn’t blow this one.

20 point lead almost blown at home versus a dud. The typical WoD special. When was last time a team scored 60 points on USI at home in a half?

19. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

No killer instinct...comes from the top!

20. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Any given night this team could beat the best team in the country...or they could lose to Oakland City...they are that unreliable.