Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

I’m thinking we lose by 11. I agree, I dont like to root against the Eagles but this is not a team I’m proud of.

A loss would speed up the process of getting a new coach, with a new system and a fresher outlook on today’s game.

In the end our lack of defense will end our season. I have a feeling we will have a better offense game tomorrow but not enough to win the game!

2. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Our offense nor our defense has been good for a long time. Stein needs to shoot 25-30 times tomorrow, but he won't because he is too unselfish. If we lose and Wod is removed...I will be very surprised. My guess is we have him for 2 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideMafia View Post
    I’m thinking we lose by 11. I agree, I dont like to root against the Eagles but this is not a team I’m proud of.

A loss would speed up the process of getting a new coach, with a new system and a fresher outlook on today’s game.

In the end our lack of defense will end our season. I have a feeling we will have a better offense game tomorrow but not enough to win the game!

Quote Originally Posted by schnautza View Post
    If I don't ever have to hear you repeat this line again, I'll be happy. Can you give the repeating a rest now that he is shut down on that account? We all have read your repeated comments. Let's talk basketball.
    Yes. I don't want to read this again either.

Side note...

It's quite possible that there are still guys with multiple accounts. I don't care UNTIL they start disrupting the experience for others and cause people to decide not to participate.

I don't care if anyone predicts that x team will win or y team will lose, but when it's obvious that someone is just on here to be a troll and ruin the experience for others it's time to go.

4. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Hey Taco, we were talking about women's teams on the now deleted thread. UMSL is 20 and 5 and on a 13 game win streak. Oh yeah, they are leading Bellarmine 43 -19 at the half.

5. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Random, potentially controversial question, given the new thread name: I never call USI the Screaming Eagles. Are you, USI fans, partial to Screaming Eagles, Screagles or Eagles? Or, I suppose good ol’ USI?

Quote Originally Posted by chadlindskog View Post
    Random, potentially controversial question, given the new thread name: I never call USI the Screaming Eagles. Are you, USI fans, partial to Screaming Eagles, Screagles or Eagles? Or, I suppose good ol’ USI?

If you use the term screagles in an article I promise to never read your work again. Ha. Seriously that word is like nails on a chalkboard. We are The Screaming Eagles and nothing less. In my opinion anyway

Quote Originally Posted by crazznewt View Post
    Hey Taco, we were talking about women's teams on the now deleted thread. UMSL is 20 and 5 and on a 13 game win streak. Oh yeah, they are leading Bellarmine 43 -19 at the half.

Def. it gonna be an easy road for the lady screaming eagles. But if any of steins team has a chance this is it. I like how they move without the ball on offense. Also liked how they pressured full court. Two things Watson could learn. They took chances.

8. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Thank you for starting the new thread and, hopefully, we can discuss USI basketball and it's return to what Coach Pearl started in the mid-nineties. Whatever happens in leadership both with the athletic department (I expect no change) and the men's basketball team (I expect change) it will be refreshing to talk about the sport(s) and do away with the immature bickering. I personally want to wish both teams the best of luck and look forward to witnessing the resurgence of Screaming Eagle dominance!

9. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

It would be really sad if a win or two in the GLVC tournament would save his job.

Year after year we have the end of the year stumbles. The fans have spoken and a change is needed.

Most of today’s teams play a more up tempo game on both ends of the floor. We need to get back to that style because that is what put USI basketball on the map.

It will also bring in more fans and better recruits!

Default Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Sooo if we lose are we not allowed to come on here and express frustration? Just making sure I know the rules.

If I say “shuckey darn, better luck next time”. Is that ok?

Oh geez I sound like John Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Taco Tico View Post
    Sooo if we lose are we not allowed to come on here and express frustration? Just making sure I know the rules.

You can bet most of us will be expressing frustration. But please, be an adult, not an echo chamber.

I'd say any of "Screaming Eagles" (official name), "Eagles" (casual name), USI (commonly abbreviated university name) are fine for a professional article. #screagles works well for social media where abbreviations are common for preserving character count. It's unique and was voted on by the students as an official hashtag. I just never say it out loud.

13. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by schnautza View Post
    I'd say any of "Screaming Eagles" (official name), "Eagles" (casual name), USI (commonly abbreviated university name) are fine for a professional article. #screagles works well for social media where abbreviations are common for preserving character count. It's unique and was voted on by the students as an official hashtag. I just never say it out loud.
    Same^

There is a difference between expressing frustration or criticism and unsubstantiated personal insults. There is also a difference between well articulated critical comments and endlessly repeated personal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    There is a difference between expressing frustration or criticism and unsubstantiated personal insults. There is also a difference between well articulated critical comments and endlessly repeated personal attacks.
    Also the namecalling. Even if you don't like a coach or president, there is no reason to make up a new stupid name for them to mock them year after year. They are still humans and deserve SOME respect.

16. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Go with Screaming Eagles.

So what kind of changes do you think Rodney J. Watson will incorporate for the University of Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles men’s basketball team in the first round game vs their opponent? Do you suppose Mr Rodney J. Watson will change strategy to get the Screaming Eagles team back on track?

So what kind of changes do you think Rodney J. Watson will incorporate for the University of Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles men’s basketball team in the first round game vs their opponent? Do you suppose Mr Rodney J. Watson will change strategy to get the Screaming Eagles team back on track?
    Come on Taco, give it a rest.

19. Default Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

I would guess it will be identical game plan to last game they played them. They hope Drury doesn’t shoot well today, that’s their game plan.

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast