Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New DC coming to Portales

Default New DC coming to Portales

I just heard Cordova was fired and Mike Walton is coming to ENMU as DC. I thought Cordova did a pretty good job.

Default Re: New DC coming to Portales

I liked Mike when he was at ASU, but our defense has been considerably better in the time since we have had a new DC. Not sure there is any correlation but it is my $.02

3. Default Re: New DC coming to Portales

I've heard a lot of great things about Walton. Should be a great fit for the Hounds

Are you guys sure cordova was fired?

I think he is an ENM alum or former GA. Should be a good fit.

I know he left ASU for east TX so he could be closer to the specialized medical care his wife needed. Hope this means that all is well in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    I think he is an ENM alum or former GA. Should be a good fit.

I know he left ASU for east TX so he could be closer to the specialized medical care his wife needed. Hope this means that all is well in that department.
    He moved from SFA to Western Missouri as DC a couple of years ago.

He is a good guy and hopefully will do a good job at ENMU.

Awesome news for the Greyhounds. Mike was a member of the All-LSC 50 year team or something like that. Former Greyhound Player, Coach, and has a wealth of experience coordinating defense. He also has strong ties to the LSC having worked for both the ASU and Tarleton St. Head Coaches in the past at ASU and Sam Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Boohaha View Post
    Are you guys sure cordova was fired?
    That's what I heard. I also heard he applied for the WNMU job. Like I said before. I thought he did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by nmscoop View Post
    That's what I heard. I also heard he applied for the WNMU job. Like I said before. I thought he did a good job.
    I knew he applied, i wonder if he got the job or another hc job, the nmmi coach was in the final 2 correct. So it could be nmmi to western, cordova to nmmi? Ir maybe cordova got the western job.

On walton, he was a ga and coach at eastern as well. All american linebacker and played under Ribaudo if waltons defenses are any near as good as Ribs then we should be in great shape.

10. Default Re: New DC coming to Portales

Maybe he left for the Western New Mexico Position ...... That job search has been very quiet ...

Quote Originally Posted by AmaKnight View Post
    Maybe he left for the Western New Mexico Position ...... That job search has been very quiet ...
    He was one of the 2 finalists.

12. Default Re: New DC coming to Portales

He was one of the 2 finalists.
    No, he wasn't. The two finalists that both turned it down are head coaches.

Sorry i went back to a previous thread, i thought it said cordova was one of the final 2 with the hc from nmmi, it was forchtener from nmmi and some other guy.

Mike Walton also turned down the HC job at WNMU to be the DC at ENMU. This is a great hire for ENMU!

15. Default Re: New DC coming to Portales

Quote Originally Posted by DIIguru View Post
    Mike Walton also turned down the HC job at WNMU to be the DC at ENMU. This is a great hire for ENMU!
    Nope, not true. Stop making things up. Two sitting HC's were offered and turned it down. Walton might be a decent hire, but he was never offered the job at WNMU, nor was he a finalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post
    Nope, not true. Stop making things up. Two sitting HC's were offered and turned it down. Walton might be a decent hire, but he was never offered the job at WNMU, nor was he a finalist.
    For a guy who has made 2 whole posts in this forum you seem to know alot about what is going on in silver city. Walton did interview. That makes him a finalist.

For a guy who has made 2 whole posts in this forum you seem to know alot about what is going on in silver city. Walton did interview. That makes him a finalist.
    Walton interviewed over skype along with 10 others. He wasn't in the final 2. Fortchner from NMMI and the Head Coach from Southern Oregon were the two finalists brought to campus. Both Turned it down and i haven't heard an update since.

18. Default Re: New DC coming to Portales

A Skype interview doesn't make a guy a finalist. They brought two to campus, those were their finalists at that time. A lack of posts doesn't mean someone doesn't have info you don't, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post
    A Skype interview doesn't make a guy a finalist. They brought two to campus, those were their finalists at that time. A lack of posts doesn't mean someone doesn't have info you don't, thankfully.
    Right cause you have been sooo insightful here. Comming on and simply stating people are wrong without adding anything to the conversation is the kind if thing a troll does.

True walton wasnt one if the 2 brought to campus, i admitted as such and pointed out that i had mistakenly noted the information from a previous thread. He was one of the candidates to be considiered in the final group that they picked the 2 to offer the job to again its semantics but to me that makes him a finalist.

I would probably be suprised if you to find silver city on a map.
    Last edited by Boohaha; 02-16-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Walton was the 3rd choice and was offered the job after the 1st 2 turned it down. He also turned it down. Heard 4th choice also declined and they are bringing in 5,6,7 for more interviews

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast