Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern State Wolves 2018

Default Northern State Wolves 2018

Ugh...ignore this...was to be on football.

2. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Ugh...ignore this...was to be on football.
    Probably a mute point in tonight’s game at Crookston, but if I was Carter Evans I think I would be happy about leaving the NSIC in one regard. He gets called for more bs touch fouls than any player I have ever seen, and he typically gets absolutely mugged on the other end with typically no call. Watching this happen for several years and cannot explain it.

Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by benchwarmer75 View Post
    Probably a mute point in tonight’s game at Crookston, but if I was Carter Evans I think I would be happy about leaving the NSIC in one regard. He gets called for more bs touch fouls than any player I have ever seen, and he typically gets absolutely mugged on the other end with typically no call. Watching this happen for several years and cannot explain it.
    I’ll explain; 6’10” 250.

4. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    I’ll explain; 6’10” 250.
    LOL. That may be it. Still irritating. Maybe some taller officials would help but a little late at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by benchwarmer75 View Post
    As another large human who got officiated differently I'm sure Dan Jansen empathizes with Carter's plight

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    As another large human who got officiated differently I'm sure Dan Jansen empathizes with Carter's plight
    During the Vette years it felt like he could never get a call either. The refs just seem to let them play against the big guys.

No direct info, but Cole Dahl seems to be hurt and going to miss some time.

While we heard a little buy about this before the game, we may have possibly witnessed the end of an era. Now reported that Coach Fred is having knee surgery and may not return for his 40th season with the NSU women.

846 wins.

Word is that Paula Krueger will be the next in line, but all of this up in the air still for the next month of so.

Let's party like it's 1998!! My gosh what a feeling. Amazing how good a game it continued to be, just like the precious two, despite the need for fouls to bw called constantly. Bad calls happen, and That is fine, but it felt like thw re was never a flow at all to the game.

Congrats to the Mavs on a solid year. I don't remember that far back, but I don't feel like many thought they'd be here.

Wolves get the 8:30 game next Tuesday!

While I would like to reflect, I can't even begin yet. Haven't watched the postgame conference yet and didn't get to sleep until around 4am. Appreciate it all but too sick to get over what could have been.

Unfortunately there are already rumblings of Sather to USD. I don't know if he would take Sunny with or if he'd stay and run the Wolves. Plenty of alumni out there having coaching success that could apply but who knows. I dont really want a shake up right now but if anything does happen I'll wish them the best. The pay at a USD level is crazy compared to that of division II so it's be understandable. Again, all just rumblings and speculation at this point.

While I would like to reflect, I can't even begin yet. Haven't watched the postgame conference yet and didn't get to sleep until around 4am. Appreciate it all but too sick to get over what could have been.

Unfortunately there are already rumblings of Sather to USD. I don't know if he would take Sunny with or if he'd stay and run the Wolves. Plenty of alumni out there having coaching success that could apply but who knows. I dont really want a shake up right now but if anything does happen I'll wish them the best. The pay at a USD level is crazy compared to that of division II so it's be understandable. Again, all just rumblings and speculation at this point.
    Who is speculating this?

13. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Not sure what to think about all of that. Love to see guys move on and have success. I'm still a huge Tim Miles fan and have followed his D1 teams. If it happens then great for Paul. I cannot imagine Sunny leaving just two years after that article about his hiring.

A couple of names I had thought about for USD were Ryan Miller and Luke Wicks. Both have the state ties, but still have the necessary Division I coaching and recruiting chops.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    A couple of names I had thought about for USD were Ryan Miller and Luke Wicks. Both have the state ties, but still have the necessary Division I coaching and recruiting chops.
    Luke isn't the type that would come back here, unless maybe it was him and Sunny. He spent time here but isn't really tied to the state of South Dakota. Went to school with him, I'd be shocked if he came back. Miller would make Wolves fans sick, but its close to Mitchell and though it would be for long, would be fun for the state to have him back. He'd take the next job fast. IMO

Luke isn't the type that would come back here, unless maybe it was him and Sunny. He spent time here but isn't really tied to the state of South Dakota. Went to school with him, I'd be shocked if he came back. Miller would make Wolves fans sick, but its close to Mitchell and though it would be for long, would be fun for the state to have him back. He'd take the next job fast. IMO
    Fair points. Just a couple of ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Fair points. Just a couple of ideas....
    Oh yeah, like I said about Sather, just heard it but I don't know if anything is true. A 400% pay raise would be tough to pass up for anyone, ha.

18. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Oh yeah, like I said about Sather, just heard it but I don't know if anything is true. A 400% pay raise would be tough to pass up for anyone, ha.
    Only issue I would have is if it wasn't Sundance, I have very little faith in Josh to make the right hire. I'm really hoping he finally gets his next landing spot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ddwitte View Post
    Only issue I would have is if it wasn't Sundance, I have very little faith in Josh to make the right hire. I'm really hoping he finally gets his next landing spot as well.
    Really? I know Josh isn't the most personal person on earth, compared to Ole but he has accomplished so many good things. I'd have total faith in him eight the hire as he wants success, not just loyalty.

To point it out, he has supposedly agreed that Paula is a great successor to Fred for women's hoops even though that would be a very good job to post.

There are thing I don't like about him, some may transpire soon, but when it comes to raising money and doing what is best for the success of a department, he has been rocking it.

If we didn't want him, there are many that already do.

20. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Really? I know Josh isn't the most personal person on earth, compared to Ole but he has accomplished so many good things. I'd have total faith in him eight the hire as he wants success, not just loyalty.

To point it out, he has supposedly agreed that Paula is a great successor to Fred for women's hoops even though that would be a very good job to post.

There are thing I don't like about him, some may transpire soon, but when it comes to raising money and doing what is best for the success of a department, he has been rocking it.

If we didn't want him, there are many that already do.
    My problem with him is over one issue, we'll kind of two.

My best friend is like me and grew up in Aberdeen and has been going to games since he was about 5. He happens to also be in a wheel chair and discussed the lack of available site lines due to the courtside seats, cheerleaders, idiots on a couch, benches and scorers table. Basically Josh pressured him into paying for a courtside seat. Then when I have gone to games and sat next to him I have gotten grief from Josh. I get to 3 or 4 games a year in Aberdeen, I am not going to pay for a courtside seat for that, but I would like to sit with my friend who can't exactly walk up into the stands. I have exchanged emails with Josh about it (only because he wouldn't talk to me about it at the game) with no real resolution.

Also back when Josh wanted to build the football stadium in the Barnett parking lot he said to the same friend, "You can't stop a multi-million dollar project because people are worried about where to park." That is in fact a fine reason to not build something on top of already scarce parking, glad he found an alternate plan.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast