Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Northern State Wolves 2018

Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I've hated winter long before this week....
    Funny, despite working outdoors and in a truck with basically no heat, I have never truly hated winter. Though I still dislike summer much more (I get too hot too easy) I can feel myself slowly morphing to the norm. I dont know what it is about this winter but I've really struggled.

Moon spoke a little bit about the projects getting the final OK from the governor and how we should be on the new football field by 2021. President Downs said they should be at the new $55 million dollar goal by this fall.

When asked about future projects, Josh was clear the focus was on finishing the current project. After that they do have tentative plans first for an indoor practice facility for all sports to use and then also over time different renovations to the Barnett Center will take place. If they could get a facility to hold an indoor track they BC could focus on permanent seating and they could do some really nice things in there.

3. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Moon spoke a little bit about the projects getting the final OK from the governor and how we should be on the new football field by 2021. President Downs said they should be at the new $55 million dollar goal by this fall.

When asked about future projects, Josh was clear the focus was on finishing the current project. After that they do have tentative plans first for an indoor practice facility for all sports to use and then also over time different renovations to the Barnett Center will take place. If they could get a facility to hold an indoor track they BC could focus on permanent seating and they could do some really nice things in there.
    Are you going to move to Division 1 with your brothers to the South.

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    South Dakota, eight classes of HS football and four D1 schools. What a world, haha

A bit of bad news...we have a wrestling tourney and baptism this Saturday so I will not be back in Aberdeen. Are you going to be up in Moorhead? I've considered the possibility of meeting you up there and harassing our Dragon poster friends in person

6. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    A bit of bad news...we have a wrestling tourney and baptism this Saturday so I will not be back in Aberdeen. Are you going to be up in Moorhead? I've considered the possibility of meeting you up there and harassing our Dragon poster friends in person
    No, and now if your not going I may pass also since my dreams of a possible conference title showdown have gone by the wayside. I've also got a foot issue going on that its probably best if I stay close to home anyway.

7. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

No, and now if your not going I may pass also since my dreams of a possible conference title showdown have gone by the wayside. I've also got a foot issue going on that its probably best if I stay close to home anyway.
    Moorhead 92 - 90; what’s your prediction?

8. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Moorhead 92 - 90; what’s your prediction?
    SCSU 112(Gage Davis with 62)
    Moorhead 54
    :) :) :) :) :)

9. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

SCSU 112(Gage Davis with 62)
    Moorhead 54
    :) :) :) :) :)
    Now your going to force me to want to make a small wager...$$

10. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Now your going to force me to want to make a small wager...$$
    That's fine, Vegas has you guys listed as 7 point favorites.

Sorry I broke your heart. And maybe if you hadn't been showing someone how to do the Margenthaler stomp your foot would be just fine.

You are welcome to come to the baptism and watch the game at the house with me after. I'm sure I'll have no problem explaining to the in-laws how I know the guy up front that has been trash talking the alter kids all through mass.

Can’t sleep and saw the SMSU thread discussing their Mt Rushmore of players so I thought I’d steal it. Northern has quite a list to choose from. My list is a combination of perusing the record books and stories from different generations of NSU fans.

Eric Kline - I think he would be a unanimous choice among any who has followed Wolves basketball. The schools all time leading scorer

Scott Basanko - I’ve heard many old timers say he was the best scorer they’ve ever seen.

Ryan Miller - I don’t know how many times I’ve heard the story of him going off to beat SDSU in the regional and letting the Jackrabbit fans know it was over.

Kevin Ratzch - Probably the best Northern player in recent memory

There are too many others to mention, but I’d be curious to see what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Can’t sleep and saw the SMSU thread discussing their Mt Rushmore of players so I thought I’d steal it. Northern has quite a list to choose from. My list is a combination of perusing the record books and stories from different generations of NSU fans.

Eric Kline - I think he would be a unanimous choice among any who has followed Wolves basketball. The schools all time leading scorer

Scott Basanko - I’ve heard many old timers say he was the best scorer they’ve ever seen.

Ryan Miller - I don’t know how many times I’ve heard the story of him going off to beat SDSU in the regional and letting the Jackrabbit fans know it was over.

Kevin Ratzch - Probably the best Northern player in recent memory

There are too many others to mention, but I’d be curious to see what others think.
    I'd replace Ratzch with Gary Evjen personally but th others I'm in full agreement.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789