Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Northern State Wolves 2018

Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    That is the second loss where the end of game execution was awful, NWMSU being the other. The team was lethargic and sloppy all night. Could be a bad loss when it comes time to pick the top 8 in the region come March. Park always plays well against NSU.
    Obviously not a good loss, once NSUguy sees how the end of game went I'm sure he will be all over Sather for his play calling which has always been questionable to he and others.

I don't know why but I'm not even upset by this loss. It's a team that needs to keep learning and gelling. We were missing guys, if we had sick players I would believe it as weak as most looked, and regardless just didnt play well. Life goes on. All I want from this team is to keep growing together. The development will come with that.

Not an excuse for anything but makes much more sense. Our guess was correct. Coach Sather just tweeted this:

Losses always sting, but really proud of how our guys overcame adversity yesterday. Two players out and five guys had IV’s before we left for game...had a shot to win it in the end. Sometimes when you lose, you still win! 7 day break and then back after it! They fought! #BNC

3. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Not an excuse for anything but makes much more sense. Our guess was correct. Coach Sather just tweeted this:

Losses always sting, but really proud of how our guys overcame adversity yesterday. Two players out and five guys had IV’s before we left for game...had a shot to win it in the end. Sometimes when you lose, you still win! 7 day break and then back after it! They fought! #BNC
    Let’s see if SaTTher will petition league for moral victory column added to standings next year :)

Obviously not a good loss, once NSUguy sees how the end of game went I'm sure he will be all over Sather for his play calling which has always been questionable to he and others.

I don't know why but I'm not even upset by this loss. It's a team that needs to keep learning and gelling. We were missing guys, if we had sick players I would believe it as weak as most looked, and regardless just didnt play well. Life goes on. All I want from this team is to keep growing together. The development will come with that.
    I won’t lie, I didn’t see any of the game and haven’t seen the last possession. My best guess on what Sather drew up goes as follows. 5-man out motion until about 8 seconds left. Set a ball screen, swing pass, swing pass, guy dribbles 4 times and throws up a fade-away 15 footer. How close am I?

Quote Originally Posted by NSUguy View Post
    I won’t lie, I didn’t see any of the game and haven’t seen the last possession. My best guess on what Sather drew up goes as follows. 5-man out motion until about 8 seconds left. Set a ball screen, swing pass, swing pass, guy dribbles 4 times and throws up a fade-away 15 footer. How close am I?
    It was more a pass to Kallman and then he got smothered with D and heaved up a 0% chance shot. It was straight grade school. I'm assuming there was miscommunication because it was basically nothing.

It was more a pass to Kallman and then he got smothered with D and heaved up a 0% chance shot. It was straight grade school. I'm assuming there was miscommunication because it was basically nothing.
    Well that sounds identical to about 8 other last possession plays I’ve seen him draw up.

Brady Danielson has signed with Northern

8. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

If you want to talk Northern State Wolves for this year, please start a new thread. :)

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    If you want to talk Northern State Wolves for this year, please start a new thread. :)
    Its supposed to be the 18-19 thread, go have a mini bottle of UV you scrooge, haha

10. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Its supposed to be the 18-19 thread, go have a mini bottle of UV you scrooge, haha
    Planning on coming to Aberdeen on the 16 for(hopefully) the big tilt. Do I need to bring the goody bag with me? I say hopefully because I'm hoping that by that point in the season you guys haven't already gone and ran away with the division title. That the Huskies actually have something to play for.

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Planning on coming to Aberdeen on the 16 for(hopefully) the big tilt. Do I need to bring the goody bag with me? I say hopefully because I'm hoping that by that point in the season you guys haven't already gone and ran away with the division title. That the Huskies actually have something to play for.
    Due to momma and baby going through some things, we may be having it three weeks early which will make the St. Cloud game a possibility. I'll be in touch.

The Wolves have played well lately, but the schedule is about to get much tougher. We will see, starting with tonight against Wayne, just how good this team is. They are a lot of fun to watch play and I can't wait to see them against some of the other top NSIC teams.

Sather needs to play Stark more. He is deadly from 3.

Figured you NSU fans would appreciate this set of tweets:

Saw both of those. Very classy

Mens hoops records(first year played)
    Vs. Augie 37-37 (1922-23)
    Vs. Bemidji 66-26 (1958-1959)
    Vs. Concordia 29-7 (1994-1995)
    Vs. Mary 27-13 (1959-1960)
    Vs. Crookston 38-2 (1994-1995)
    Vs. Duluth 37-40 (1979-1980)
    Vs. Mankato 11-15 (1970-1971)
    Vs. Minot 48-18 (1937-1938)
    Vs. Moorhead 66-38 (1930-1931)
    Vs. Sioux Falls 71-23 (1907-1908)
    Vs. Southwest 66-27 (1972-1973)
    Vs. St. Cloud 16-28 (1959-1960)
    Vs. Upper Iowa 18-3 (2004-2005)
    Vs. Wayne 35-23 (1938-1939)
    Vs. Winona 45-38 (1968-1969)

Other notables (due to amount of games and two that have been brought up to some extent as potential members) Also, moment of silence for Si Tanka...

Vs. Dakota Wesleyan 75-56 (1909-1910)
    Vs. Jamestown 72-30 (1911-1912)
    Vs. Si Tanka/Huron College 110-64 (1908-1909)

I Hate Winter is upon us. For those who have not heart, NSU will be sporting uniforms replicating the Flint Tropics from the movie Semi-Pro. Also, Midco will be covering the Friday game vs. USF.

Unfortunately, my little four year old girl just informed that this Saturday is the Father/Daughter dance in town. Not sure what pains me more, missing the Wolves or dressing up. However, when a father is summoned by a daughter there isnt much I can do. Haha

I Hate Winter is upon us. For those who have not heart, NSU will be sporting uniforms replicating the Flint Tropics from the movie Semi-Pro. Also, Midco will be covering the Friday game vs. USF.

Unfortunately, my little four year old girl just informed that this Saturday is the Father/Daughter dance in town. Not sure what pains me more, missing the Wolves or dressing up. However, when a father is summoned by a daughter there isnt much I can do. Haha
    Enjoy it while you can, before you know it, she will be married and out of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeman View Post
    Enjoy it while you can, before you know it, she will be married and out of the house.
    Haha, yes I know. I wasnt seriously complaining. I'm happy to do that with her. Cant help not liking dressing up. Just very uncomfortable and unnatural for me.

Also, though I'm old school and asked for permission from my bride, any boy who is willing to put up with her verbal and physical abuse someday has my blessing and also I'll be on call 24/7 as a support hotline. ;) haha
    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 02-05-2019 at 07:48 PM.

I Hate Winter is upon us.
    I've hated winter long before this week....

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast