Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 151

Thread: Northern State Wolves 2018

  1. #41

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Not to deter your paranoia but the Final Four in San Antonio will be home to thousands of coaches the next few days.
    I meant San Antonio, but yes, many will be there. Just heard on the Fargo radio that USD would be doing interviews down there. There is no Paranoia, it would be unfortunate but NSU is an attractive job and if Moon is doing the hiring, I have total confidence. He may not hire people that will stay, but he will make hires to win.

    That said, I'm surprised that Randy Baruth hasn't come up as a USD candidate considering he is from down that way, went to college down that way and has quite a bit of experience.

  2. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    I meant San Antonio, but yes, many will be there. Just heard on the Fargo radio that USD would be doing interviews down there. There is no Paranoia, it would be unfortunate but NSU is an attractive job and if Moon is doing the hiring, I have total confidence. He may not hire people that will stay, but he will make hires to win.

    That said, I'm surprised that Randy Baruth hasn't come up as a USD candidate considering he is from down that way, went to college down that way and has quite a bit of experience.
    Maybe if he hadn't fallen back from 25-8 to 17-11 and now 12-17 over the last couple of seasons.
    Last edited by ddwitte; 03-30-2018 at 08:47 AM.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ddwitte View Post
    Maybe if he fallen back from 25-8 to 17-11 and now 12-17 over the last couple of seasons.
    Yeah, saw that after I typed it up. I couldn't believe that was three years ago, wow.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ddwitte View Post
    Maybe if he hadn't fallen back from 25-8 to 17-11 and now 12-17 over the last couple of seasons.
    I would be disappointed in a Baruth hire in the hypothetical.

  5. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    I don't want Baruth either. Anyone think maybe Schwan might see the assistant job as his foot back through the door? I believe he is out of coaching, working for his dad.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ddwitte View Post
    I don't want Baruth either. Anyone think maybe Schwan might see the assistant job as his foot back through the door? I believe he is out of coaching, working for his dad.
    Yeah, better living with the financial company, I'd be floored if he were to come back. I'm positive in Horstman...

  7. #47

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ddwitte View Post
    I don't want Baruth either. Anyone think maybe Schwan might see the assistant job as his foot back through the door? I believe he is out of coaching, working for his dad.
    I wouldn’t think that would happen. I would love to see Hammer back but I don’t think he would ever leave his gig for assistant job.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    Wolves season celebration being streamed currently, if anyone is interested.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    I went, got a signed team photo, and won the auction for Logan Doyle's jersey.

  10. #50

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Swisher View Post
    I went, got a signed team photo, and won the auction for Logan Doyle's jersey.
    That is awesome! I would have loved to get something to remember this season by. Wish they would have had an online auction.

  11. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Swisher View Post
    I went, got a signed team photo, and won the auction for Logan Doyle's jersey.
    Very cool. Was cool to see all of the pictures that the team took with fans at the event.

    I was a little disappointed with the number of times they drove home the whole fundraising issue. I feel like needing to ask for the money that many times may indicate that you don't think your fan base understands the need or the impact of the money you are asking for.

  12. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ddwitte View Post
    I was a little disappointed with the number of times they drove home the whole fundraising issue. I feel like needing to ask for the money that many times may indicate that you don't think your fan base understands the need or the impact of the money you are asking for.
    Money issues, with all those farmers in that area, c'mon, that's laughable. That program has to one of the most flush out there.

  13. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Money issues, with all those farmers in that area, c'mon, that's laughable. That program has to one of the most flush out there.
    I'm not saying they are hard up, but they are in the middle of their "Educational Impact Campaign", which will include new football stadium, softball field, soccer field, and practice facility and a new facility for the South Dakota School for the Blind and Visually Impaired. Have raised 25 of the needed 45 million.

  14. #54

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Money issues, with all those farmers in that area, c'mon, that's laughable. That program has to one of the most flush out there.
    Mostly comes from alumni in businesses local and across the US. It doesn't get enough notice, but the NSU business department is pretty darn good. Remember, the sugar beets are in MN and they are all Bison fans, at least up here. SD farmers do well but not near as well as the ones I deliver to in the Red River valley. Here they have polished floors in these giant buildings. They wax their tractors weekly and lease new every one to two years. Its ridiculous.

  15. #55

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Mostly comes from alumni in businesses local and across the US. It doesn't get enough notice, but the NSU business department is pretty darn good. Remember, the sugar beets are in MN and they are all Bison fans, at least up here. SD farmers do well but not near as well as the ones I deliver to in the Red River valley. Here they have polished floors in these giant buildings. They wax their tractors weekly and lease new every one to two years. Its ridiculous.
    Tractor Wax would be a sweet name for a local band primarily made up of farmers.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Tractor Wax would be a sweet name for a local band primarily made up of farmers.
    Man, does that ever sound like s local cover band. Well done sir.

  17. #57

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    I am sure if you really want something you could message Dinger. I think he got like 3 jerseys. I was lucky to outbid him for Doyle's jersey.

  18. #58

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    Yeah Downs kept mentioning fundraising. That i was annoyed with. I met him today for the first time and was not impressed with him. He didnt seem to care who i was. He seems like an arrigant a-hole. I will not be giving any money.
    Last edited by Swisher; 04-13-2018 at 10:42 PM.

  19. #59

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Swisher View Post
    Yeah Downs kept mentioning fundraising. That i was annoyed with. I met him today for the first time and was not impressed with him. He didnt seem to care who i was. He seems like an arrigant a-hole. I will not be giving any money.
    The couple times I've met him I really enjoyed him. Facts are he is doing an insane job matched up with Moon. In ten years, neither will be here. But we will benefit from their good work long term.

  20. #60

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

    So Horstman's bio on Twitter says assistant coach, NSU website has only Sather, BC and student assistant Michael Cooper listed on staff.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •