Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern State Wolves 2018

Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ddwitte View Post
    My problem with him is over one issue, we'll kind of two.

My best friend is like me and grew up in Aberdeen and has been going to games since he was about 5. He happens to also be in a wheel chair and discussed the lack of available site lines due to the courtside seats, cheerleaders, idiots on a couch, benches and scorers table. Basically Josh pressured him into paying for a courtside seat. Then when I have gone to games and sat next to him I have gotten grief from Josh. I get to 3 or 4 games a year in Aberdeen, I am not going to pay for a courtside seat for that, but I would like to sit with my friend who can't exactly walk up into the stands. I have exchanged emails with Josh about it (only because he wouldn't talk to me about it at the game) with no real resolution.

Also back when Josh wanted to build the football stadium in the Barnett parking lot he said to the same friend, "You can't stop a multi-million dollar project because people are worried about where to park." That is in fact a fine reason to not build something on top of already scarce parking, glad he found an alternate plan.
    Oops, a couple more. When he decided to end the wrestling program and then had to come back and change that, it didn't look good.

The timing of the decision to cut the sports they did i.e. women's tennis was not fair to the coach or the athletes.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Just for your interest- maybe.

KDLT Sports

@KDLTSports
    52m52 minutes ago
    More
    Report: USD’s Craig Smith Leaving Coyotes for Utah St.

3. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    Just for your interest- maybe.

KDLT Sports
    ‏@KDLTSports
    52m52 minutes ago
    More
    Report: USD’s Craig Smith Leaving Coyotes for Utah St.
    I think this needs to go onto the Augustana thread. :)

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    I think this needs to go onto the Augustana thread. :)
    You spelled Northwest Missouri St wrong. Lest we forget McCollum is a Storm Lake, IA native.

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Runeth? Lol.

We knew he would be looking for a head coach position at some point. The man has a pretty incredible resume. Happy for him but of course sad to lose him.

Well, let's see...

If Sather stays, who will replacements be?

We have so many former players coaching at so many levels that I don't even know where to start guessing.

8. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Parker Fox going with him?

How long will it take to hire a replacement for Sundance?

10. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Swisher View Post
    How long will it take to hire a replacement for Sundance?
    My guess is not long. I have heard Horstmann is well regarded and well liked. Would not surprise me if he got an assistant slot.

Quote Originally Posted by benchwarmer75 View Post
    My guess is not long. I have heard Horstmann is well regarded and well liked. Would not surprise me if he got an assistant slot.
    I'd like a Horstmann signing!

I've talked to a few alum, seems to be the concencus

13. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

The only former NSU players I can think of that are coaching that would be at a level below this job would be Tom Parks and Derek Hoellein. Not sure if either would have any interest. Maybe there will be someone who just really wants to come back like Sunny did.

14. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    I've talked to a few alum, seems to be the concencus
    Maybe Darin can get his masters in banking and do a little GA work also. He looked pretty comfortable on the bench last year.

The only former NSU players I can think of that are coaching that would be at a level below this job would be Tom Parks and Derek Hoellein. Not sure if either would have any interest. Maybe there will be someone who just really wants to come back like Sunny did.
    Please no to both of them. I'd rather have SF Washington's Craig Nelson over them two.

16. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Swisher View Post
    Please no to both of them. I'd rather have SF Washington's Craig Nelson over them two.
    I don't really know enough about Parks to weigh in. I would agree on Derek though. My wife and Craig's are fairly good friends, and they are pretty connected to the Brandon community. I don't think they would leave for that assistant job. Doesn't seem like much of a jump.

So, Sather just tweeted that he is on a flight...USD, I had heard, was going to be interviewing down in Austin the weekend of the D1 tourney...

Could be nothing, could be something, who knows

18. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2018

So, Sather just tweeted that he is on a flight...USD, I had heard, was going to be interviewing down in Austin the weekend of the D1 tourney...

Maybe just a family Easter trip.

Maybe just a family Easter trip.
    Not to over analyze but it did say "my" flight, not "our" flight.

Not to deter your paranoia but the Final Four in San Antonio will be home to thousands of coaches the next few days.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast