Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: OT-Softball

Contribute to D2

Default OT-Softball

The season begins today. WT's schedule for the weekend is below.

Thursday
    Lady Buff Softball vs. Augustana @ 2:00 & 4:00 PM

Friday
    Lady Buff Softball vs. Augustana @ 2:00 PM

Lady Buff Softball vs. Regis @ 4:00 PM

Sunday
    Lady Buff Softball vs. Regis @ 1:00 PM

Default Re: OT-Softball

Quote Originally Posted by WT_TKW View Post
    The season begins today. WT's schedule for the weekend is below.

Thursday
    Lady Buff Softball vs. Augustana @ 2:00 & 4:00 PM

Friday
    Lady Buff Softball vs. Augustana @ 2:00 PM

Lady Buff Softball vs. Regis @ 4:00 PM

Sunday
    Lady Buff Softball vs. Regis @ 1:00 PM
    Got my long johns out. It's gonna be chilly today. High of 50. And once the sun goes behind the stands mid-afternoon, it'll be cold for us fans. Good luck Candace and the new Lady Buff regime. Good luck to our players. Have a great season!

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Got my long johns out. It's gonna be chilly today. High of 50. And once the sun goes behind the stands mid-afternoon, it'll be cold for us fans. Good luck Candace and the new Lady Buff regime. Good luck to our players. Have a great season!
    Good luck! I am looking forward to Commerce softball this season. Our pitchers for the last 2 seasons are entering their Junior year, and have shown improvement every time out. We probably have the best catcher in DII in Mariah Jameyson. If our outfield play has improved we should be a playoff team this season.

Wish I could be there, but will be watching the webcam.

There it is! I knew someone from WT would start the Softball thread...just got the person wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    There it is! I knew someone from WT would start the Softball thread...just got the person wrong!
    Angelo overwhelmingly picked to repeat. WT an unknown quantity with the coaching change.

It usually is me. I see Brandi Marlett is considered the top pitcher in the LSC. I think that's accurate. She's scary.

POPS will probably be around later to heckle me for starting this thread.

Angelo overwhelmingly picked to repeat. WT an unknown quantity with the coaching change.
    We finished #2 in the poll. I think Candace is up to the challenge.

We will see how much of a void is left without Kennedy Urbany. While Brandy is the better pitcher, Kennedy was the heart of last years team. I think we picked up enough offense with newcomers to help replace her but having someone to step into the circle for her will be tough to replace. Let's see if Morgan Hill can build on her 10-0 record from last year.

I am interested to see how WT does with the new coach and all of the things that went with the coaching change. Should be a fun year in the LSC. Lots of good teams

It usually is me. I see Brandi Marlett is considered the top pitcher in the LSC. I think that's accurate. She's scary.

POPS will probably be around later to heckle me for starting this thread.
    I'm just busting your chops about softball. It is probably my favorite sport to follow at ASU due to the ability to know the coaching staff and team a little bit. Makes it fun. If any of you folks come to Angelo to watch softball, be sure to come by the BBQ pit and grab you some good food!

I'm just busting your chops about softball. It is probably my favorite sport to follow at ASU due to the ability to know the coaching staff and team a little bit. Makes it fun. If any of you folks come to Angelo to watch softball, be sure to come by the BBQ pit and grab you some good food!
    No problem. Thanks for the offer, I will take you up on it if I ever make it to Angelo.

Candace wins her first game at WT, 9-8 over Augustana, with 4 runs being scored by each team in the 7th inning. It wasn't pretty, but they trailed most of the time. A lot of defensive confusion, though only 1 official error. They will improve as the infield learns to work together.

Looks like 2 immediate impact players, Van Gurp at short stop, and McLemore in right field.

No problem. Thanks for the offer, I will take you up on it if I ever make it to Angelo.

Candace wins her first game at WT, 9-8 over Augustana, with 4 runs being scored by each team in the 7th inning. It wasn't pretty, but they trailed most of the time. A lot of defensive confusion, though only 1 official error. They will improve as the infield learns to work together.

Looks like 2 immediate impact players, Van Gurp at short stop, and McLemore in right field.
    Good win for WT (watched it on the computer at work shhh). Looked like the first game of the season for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Good win for WT (watched it on the computer at work shhh). Looked like the first game of the season for both teams.
    I'm sure you enjoyed seeing the VIXIA emblem a hundred times during the first game.

Augustana has some fine pitchers. In the second game they started a freshman who struck out her first 3 batters, and has 6 strikeouts in 2 innings. Hopefully she will get tired!

McLemore is pitching, WT trails 1-0

Kylee Moore bats in all of WT's runs, including a single homer and a grand slam in the bottom of the 7th. WT wins 5-1.

Excellent pitching by both pitchers, Augustana's Elliott, who was pulled just before Moore's bomb, and McLemore, who gave up 1 run in the first inning but completed the game.

Ragged first games. Tons of improvement needed by WT. Except for Moore, our big guns were pretty silent. Ashley Hardin, Allie Smith, Courtenay Coveny, and Alyx Cordell didn't swing the bat all that well. I was impressed with both Augustana pitchers. WT's Kylee Moore can hit the ball a country mile!!!

It was 38 degrees at the end of game 2. Thankfully, the wind wasn't blowing much at all.

Ragged first games. Tons of improvement needed by WT. Except for Moore, our big guns were pretty silent. Ashley Hardin, Allie Smith, Courtenay Coveny, and Alyx Cordell didn't swing the bat all that well. I was impressed with both Augustana pitchers. WT's Kylee Moore can hit the ball a country mile!!!

It was 38 degrees at the end of game 2. Thankfully, the wind wasn't blowing much at all.
    Augustana is also a good team that went 40-16 last year and lost in the regional final to Minnesota State Mankato who won the National Championship. So I think it was a good day to come away with two wins.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    Augustana is also a good team that went 40-16 last year and lost in the regional final to Minnesota State Mankato who won the National Championship. So I think it was a good day to come away with two wins.
    I'd certainly take both Augustana freshmen pitchers for the WT staff. I hope the Lair kid from Canyon can come in next year and be as good as both those Augie girls were. Agustana's gonna win a lot of games the next four years with those two.

I agree with you on most of the batters, plus McBroom. Allie Smith hit .600 yesterday so that meets my expectations. She also had the first 2 hits of the second game.

Even though McLemore gave up 11 hits, she still only gave up one run in 7 innings, partly due to better defensive play than in the first game. I'm also interested to see the other pitchers.

I agree with you on most of the batters, plus McBroom. Allie Smith hit .600 yesterday so that meets my expectations. She also had the first 2 hits of the second game.

Even though McLemore gave up 11 hits, she still only gave up one run in 7 innings, partly due to better defensive play than in the first game. I'm also interested to see the other pitchers.
    Haha!

I believe most folks just write "+1" rather than itemize their agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by ETSU_LION View Post
    Haha!

I believe most folks just write "+1" rather than itemize their agreement.
    Try reading both posts again. Does it sound like I agreed that Allie Smith did not bat well?

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast